Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

31 minutes ago, hayden del rey said:

could someone describe what fingertips sounds like without really spoiling any lyrics/content of the actual song? like is it dark or is the piano more like a blue banisters song???

It's her darkest, most innovative, existential, and saddest song to date. Piano based with strings. Truly is a stream of consciousness track, she unearths so much about her past, and unveils so much about herself and her family. Poetry set to music. I think it's breathtaking. I love Blue Banisters, so I'm not sure if anything I can say will convince you, but if you hate that song, you might not like Fingertips. It's way more dense and unconventional .

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, 111 said:

only intellectuals will get @Fingertips and that's okay

You get it, bestie

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

@Fingertips

Hide contents

Brace me. I cant stop thinking about The Grants, Fingertips and Grandfather. This is really gunning for the position of her best album to date, isn’t it?

So true, so true!

Spoiler

I love Fingertips but it's def not a casual listen :toofunny: I think I'll only listen to it when I listen to the album in full. It's so overwhelmingly beautiful, human, vulnerable, sad idk all these things

I love Lana sm

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:
  Hide contents

So…I want a VERY general answer (yes or no) with no specifics but over…is it good? Does it give magnum opus like we thought it would???  

Yes. But you need to go into the album with an open mind. The music is extremely mellow, but she goes deeper than she ever has before.

26 minutes ago, Weirdkowski said:

leaked songs are giving wait for life x terrence loves you x sweet carolina x old money

21 minutes ago, gunshot said:

a mix between bartender and yosemite

19 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

something like hope but even more wordy backed up by beautiful strings

tbh i can describe all the songs like it would be in the 1950’s cinderella movie

All of your descriptions are interesting and yet so different… 

and I think this could be the « new Lana »: channeling a bit of « every world » (production) she built in her first records, with some new spin, diary lyrics, something between her audiobooks and her LPs.

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So…I want a VERY general answer with no specifics but over…is it good? Does it give magnum opus like we thought it would???  

It's hard to tell if we didn't listen to whole project ; I personally need more time to rate anything 

but so far so good; Magnum opus ?? I don't know I only listened to the three HQ songs 

34 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

@ the impatient girls : which album hybrid is this ? is it giving Honeymoon x Norman hybrid ?  

Spoiler

I think Honeymoon x Blue Banisters

The Grants is giving Terrance Loves You with a sprinkle of.Thunder

Sweet reminds me of Sweet Carolina and Wait For Life 

The first time listening to Fingertips reminded me of how I felt the first time I listened to Hope Is A Dangerous Thing.
She song is slow and winding but beautiful

34 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

is she the one singing the Angelina line or does Tommy ? 

and i know the "this album is so UV x NFR" shit is stupid but i love reading them so @ the impatient girls : which album hybrid is this ? is it giving Honeymoon x Norman hybrid ?  

Honeymoon and Blue Banisters (but much better than BB). It's an album that Blue Banisters tried to be, but failed. Much deeper, more vulnerable, and more polished.

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:
  Hide contents

So…I want a VERY general answer (yes or no) with no specifics but over…is it good? Does it give magnum opus like we thought it would???  

Yes . But it will take the general public 5-10 years to recognize its her best work