Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, TrashMagiq said:

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

:air:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Probably a little bit of both. I was actively listening to try and transcribe the lyrics, but I could see how the line could be missed. I still don't think the leak for that song is HQ, though, so it may be much more clear once we get the album in full.

Spoiler

Tbh I think u can’t tell until someone points it out and then it’s all u can hear:bebe: she mumbles it for sure though

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

No but a couple songs and snippets did, something extremely inappropriate was posted on an outside website and unfortunately a lot of users opened it expecting a song, which is what prompted that post.

Omg no way!:deadbanana: thanks for the clarification :kiss:

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Tbh I think u can’t tell until someone points it out and then it’s all u can hear:bebe: she mumbles it for sure though

Spoiler

Well perfect we can work with that! Once people start dragging her for it we'll push the narrative that she actually doesn't say that at all and how the people dragging her need to get their dirty ears checked cause she's clearly saying something else, which will be VERY embarrassing for them leading to them removing their Lana slander. Lana did Not say that line!

qfrWuBl.png

Reveal hidden contents

Well perfect we can work with that! Once people start dragging her for it we'll push the narrative that she actually doesn't say that at all and how the people dragging her need to get their dirty ears checked cause she's clearly saying something else, which will be VERY embarrassing for them leading to them removing their Lana slander. Lana did Not say that line!

That’s exactly what I was thinking:kiss2:

Spoiler

We can also push the narrative of the people slandering Lana for that Grandfather line having bad media literacy cause from what I've gathered the song's about people misconstruing her pure intentions or whatever (idk I haven't heard the song I'm sure it's something like that) and they're doing Exactly that with a MISHEARD lyric! Cancelling her for something they just made up in their heads! Yeah we're good y'all.

qfrWuBl.png

Spoiler

Honestly The Grants makes me so mad because it’s so good but having the backup ladies sing the intro for such an introspective album makes me sad😭 

Lana could’ve so easily given us a delicate piano/ string intro ala Honeymoon/ White Dress but instead she decided to take us to church:air2:

Hide contents

We can also push the narrative of the people slandering Lana for that Grandfather line for having bad media literacy cause from what I've gathered the song's about people misconstruing her pure intentions or whatever (idk I haven't heard the song I'm sure it's something like that) and they're doing exactly that with a MISHEARD lyric! Yeah we're good y'all.

Spoiler

You're actually correct, the next line is literally "but I had good intentions"

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The white woman line is definitely self critique :agree: Otherwise the "but I have good intentions" wouldn't make sense. I doubt she literally regrets being a white women.

Exactly, but people love trying to find the worst in anything 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, hotshot2am said:
  Hide contents

The white woman line is definitely self critique :agree: Otherwise the "but I have good intentions" wouldn't make sense. I doubt she literally regrets being a white women.

Spoiler

I hope ur right but to me it sounded sarcastic, like “regrettably im a white woman bc u all hate white woman so much”… but ur interpretation is much better I love it:blush3: Let’s just hope Lana never talks about this goddamn song so we can paint our own narrative:agree:

23 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

ok lemme transcribe Grandfather's lyrics bc I'm crazy - they're not perfect, but they're close

sorry if someone else already did, i haven't caught up

Reveal hidden contents

3 white butterflies to know you're near

I know they think that it took somebody else

To make me beautiful, beautiful

As they intended me to be

-- But they're wrong 

I know they think that it took thousands of people

To put me together again, like an experiment

Some big man behind the scenes

Someone Frankensteined their dreams into my song

-- But they're wrong

God,  if you're near me, send me 3 white butterflies

Or an out of nowhere [???] sitting while I'm drinking
Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father
While he's deep sea fishing, for sharks in the Pacific

'Cause I'm good on spirit, warm-bodied
Available [?] wrapped up in [?]

I'm folk, I'm jazz, I'm blue, I'm green
Regrettably also a white woman

But I have good intentions
Even if I'm one of the last ones 
If you don't believe me, read my poetry
And my melodies, feel it in your bones

I have good intentions
Even if I'm one of the last ones
Yeah...

Yeah...

Yeah... 

While he's deep sea fishing, for all the things he's wishing
God, if you're near me send me 3 white butterflies
Or a map to [???], impart on me your wisdom 

It took somebody else to make me beautiful
Wonderful
-- But they're wrong

That line is true. :defeated: She's really testing the haters on this album.

Spoiler

i hear:

Or an ad to know you're listening

Sitting while I'm drinking
While he's deep sea fishing, for sharks in the Pacific

(tho i doubt it's "ad", i just am imagining some televangelist saying god is listening, and that meaning a lot when ur drunk and watching tv)

'Cause I'm good on spirit, warm-bodied
Infallible ?? wrapped up in [?]

While he's deep sea fishing, for all the things he's wishing
God, if you're near me send me 3 white butterflies
Or a map to know your vision, impart on me your wisdom 

It took somebody else to make me beautiful
Wonderful
-- But they're wrong

mUENGN9.png

Yeah, I picked up sarcasm myself. The verses of the song are just her mocking her haters, basically (which is hilarious since it's placed over this gorgeous, serene melody). I don't think Lana feels guilty for being white, and that's why she taunts her naysayers with the Covid line, Taco Truck, etc (and maybe even more to come). I think it's pure tongue-in-cheek mockery. I think she's mocking what modern day 'cancel culture' society wants to hear from her.

I think she's always had good intentions, but when people attack her, I think she weaponizes what they say and spits it back at them (see UV), which doesn't always help things...

11 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We can also push the narrative of the people slandering Lana for that Grandfather line having bad media literacy cause from what I've gathered the song's about people misconstruing her pure intentions or whatever (idk I haven't heard the song I'm sure it's something like that) and they're doing Exactly that with a MISHEARD lyric! Cancelling her for something they just made up in their heads! Yeah we're good y'all.

It’s giving Hope and black narcissist 

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

I’m sure someone else has already mentioned, but her store for the digital download still says “Digital album will be delivered via email on March 10, 2023.” Anybody think it’s just an error that nobody’s updated?

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”