Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

As long as she really is well intentioned  (which we know she is), then I don’t give a flying f**k how she words anything. Would you drop a friend because they word something a little off? Everybody knows very well where she stands. This is Annie Mac all over again. People love to FIND something to misconstrue for the little dopamine rush of making someone feel inferior. She’s not the most articulate - fine. She’s not a politician or a lawyer… it’s not that serious

9 minutes ago, latinataco said:

the whole picture isn't that good for her. lana is someone is presents themselves to be more republican than democrat

Lmao what :toofloppy: i guess she has to pull a hunger games dystopia cosplay manual and sing at Biden’s inauguration like lady gaga did so that people don’t perceive her as “republican”. She is one of the few stars who has been super open about her politics not only in the US but also in the world. “Our leader is a megalomaniac,
And we've seen that before
But never 'cause it was what the country deserved”; she’s been calling out Trump and Kanye and the attacks on women and gun laws and so much more. She has always played around with the delusion of the american dream. She openly announced that she voted for Biden and celebrated when he won. She also posted in favour of aiding Ukraine. If people think she is a republican I honestly don’t care about anything else these people have to say. 

Spoiler

I haven’t read a lot of the spoilers on here since I haven’t listened to all the snippets and I’m sure this has been said before but I love how her delivery of “sweet and bare feet” sounds so similar to Wait For Life :trisha:

The way some people put no effort into understanding something is the only problematic/cringe thing I see here :whatever2:

Spoiler

The lyric to me obviously reads as a tongue-in-cheek mocking of the fact that she's constantly been called a Republican Karen for no reason, while also acknowledging her privilege and that she's doing her best.

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

Lmao what :toofloppy: i guess she has to pull a hunger games dystopia cosplay manual and sing at Biden’s inauguration like lady gaga did so that people don’t perceive her as “republican”. She is one of the few stars who has been super open about her politics not only in the US but also in the world. “Our leader is a megalomaniac,
And we've seen that before
But never 'cause it was what the country deserved”; she’s been calling out Trump and Kanye and the attacks on women and gun laws and so much more. She has always played around with the delusion of the american dream. She openly announced that she voted for Biden and celebrated when he won. She also posted in favour of aiding Ukraine. If people think she is a republican I honestly don’t care about anything else these people have to say. 

you do realize that hating trump doesn't automatically mean you're not republican... lana is at most moderate when it comes to politics i dont think she picks "a side"

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

At least she's reflecting on her privilege and identity as a White woman. That's a messy and uncomfortable process for most White folk (myself included). Of course she's going to say things that aren't the "right" things. That's when the learning and growth can happen. Cancel culture is so boring - anyone who tries to stretch themselves gets lumped in with all the racists and pedophiles and sexists. :yawn:

6 minutes ago, White Dress said:

As long as she really is well intentioned  (which we know she is), then I don’t give a flying f**k how she words anything. Would you drop a friend because they word something a little off? Everybody knows very well where she stands. This is Annie Mac all over again. People love to FIND something to misconstrue for the little dopamine rush of making someone feel inferior. She’s not the most articulate - fine. She’s not a politician or a lawyer… it’s not that serious

this ^^^ it isn’t a big deal, y’all. you guys are acting like she’s deliberately being “offensive” just to piss everyone off, and the fuckin song hasn’t even come out yet. go touch some grass and get a grip

Just now, White Dress said:

As long as she really is well intentioned

Hide contents

(which we know she is), then I don’t give a flying f**k how she words anything. Would you drop a friend because they word something a little off? Everybody knows very well where she stands. This is Annie Mac all over again. People love to FIND something to misconstrue for the little dopamine rush of making someone feel inferior. She’s not the most articulate - fine. She’s not a politician or a lawyer… it’s not that serious :magikarp:

Full agree. And Annie Mac is a fascist, spewing nonsense about how women must live and write within a very narrow scope because everything they say and do is projected publicly in some fashion, and might lead others, other people, other women, to think for themselves! Lord knows we cannot have that. All women must become clones of one another and speak in unison from a hive mind. "Clone up, Lana, or get out!"  

'A&W' hopefully blew out the proverbial windows of Mac's office upon release.

4 minutes ago, latinataco said:

you do realize that hating trump doesn't automatically mean you're not republican... lana is at most moderate when it comes to politics i dont think she picks "a side"

I agree. Personally, I don't get the impression that she follows politics too closely, which is the right choice for some people. 

6 minutes ago, latinataco said:

Are you kidding me. She literally has attended BLM protests, donated $350,000 to the Navajo Nation to help provide them with clean water, has acknowledged being a “modern day woman with a weak constitution” and so so much more. Come on, dude. It’s very well known where she lies politically, and that’s objectively to the left. She is against everything the GOP stands for. 

boring… yawning… sloppy… lazy

pointing out irrelevant facts doesnt make you a cultural saviour btw

anyways lets stick to discussing the ALBUM coming out in a few weeks! give it up for ocean blvd everybody! :clapback:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, White Dress said:

Are you kidding me. She literally has attended BLM protests, donated $350,000 to the Navajo Nation to help provide them with clean water, and so so much more. Come on, dude. It’s very well known where she lies politically, and that’s objectively to the left. 

youre reading into what i am saying. idk how else to explain this shit. she has some views from both sides. both sides are corrupt. both side are wrong, and right. it  depends who is in office. ok im done.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...