Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

Spoiler

1.born to die

2.ride

3.the grants

4.norman fucking rockwell

5.cruel world/Honeymoon

6.textbook

7.white dress(sorry I don't like her voice in this way)

8.love

6 minutes ago, Telomeres said:
  Hide contents

1. White Dress

2. Textbook

3. Cruel World

4. Honeymoon

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell

6. The Grants

7. Ride

8. Born to Die

9. Love

1-6 are all so close for me though :defeated:

Spoiler

no offense....but i can't take you seriously with text book being your #2 fave ☠️☠️

Just now, dyktatuob said:
  Hide contents

no offense....but i can't take you seriously with text book being your #2 fave ☠️☠️

Spoiler

LMFAOOOO

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

I think there's an emphasis on "happy" with tunnel. The songs are written from a current perspective, looking back. Lana has mentioned how happy she is now quite a few times. For me, historically there's a lot of heaviness in her discography but it comes from someone who is sorting it out, or still experiencing it. With Tunnel there seems to be clarity in the lyrics and a lot of light in the production. I think we've always known Lana to sing sad songs but she's finally singing from a place of happiness rather than hurt. She's able to see clearly now and she's laser focused. 

faSE.gif

9 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

this is harder than i expected oh wow im terrible at ranking things...

norman fucking rockwell

cruel world

honeymoon

the grants

white dress

born to die

ride

text book

love

im so not sure tho

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

Very interesting, most people rank it in the bottom half of opener songs regardless of the other songs’ order. Not that this is bad. Honestly I love all her openers almost equally so I’m super excited either way

Cultural appropriation is a crock of shit half the time,  just another exaggerated concept used to attack individuals and cancel them.  People don’t even know what appropriating even is, an important factor is that it’s done usually in a derogatory way. For example using black face at halloween is offensive because it implies being black or African American is scary.  

In reality we take from cultures all the time, food, styles, our language and philosophies. Practically everything we do has a potential tie to another culture. As long as you are embracing it respectfully I see no issue.  

Lana has a lot of Latina friends, who have clearly had an impact on her.  ‘That’s why they call me Lanita’ I really don’t see what the big deal is.  Is she not allowed to embrace the cultures around her? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

this is harder than i expected oh wow im terrible at ranking things...

norman fucking rockwell

cruel world

honeymoon

the grants

white dress

born to die

ride

text book

love

im so not sure tho

I mean, how could you be sure with Born To Die and Ride being so low on your list?

5 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:
  Hide contents

Honestly so valid  :omfg2:

I just love the vibe of like a warm southern night, and the xylophone takes my mind to such sexy, sultry 60s music. I can just imagine it being sung by the Mississippi in New Orleans :flutter: but I'm not a Text Book truther, I get how it flops for a lot of people lmao

10 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Spoiler

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell

2. Text Book

3. Ride

4. Born to Die

5. Honeymoon

6. White Dress

7. The Grants (I’ve only allowed myself to listen once, I have a feeling it will jump up one, maybe two spaces)

8. Cruel World

9. Love

1 minute ago, Rico25 said:

I mean, how could you be sure with Born To Die and Ride being so low on your list?

that's exactly what i am saying because all those songs are at least 9/10 for me 😭

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me