Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

38 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

its pretty unlikely that lana is literally putting a sermon from some preacher onto her album without some level of subversion, and to be honest even if she did, who cares. there's a difference between lana endorsing something and lana portraying something, and as a gay person who is staunchly atheist, im 100% here to listen to whatever lana wants to throw at me. art should be challenging.

furthermore we can hear from the high quality snippet that just leaked and the full low quality tagged version that

Hide contents

there is a lot of disturbing, ominous sounds playing over the top, and we can hear lana giggling and mocking him in the clip too,

and it comes right after A&W where she talks about god being a charlatan and not needing to be loved anymore; I think it's safe to say there's a strong artistic statement being made here. but agree, we should wait to hear the full track before we pass judgement, im merely speaking to those who are constantly on here worrying that she's going to trigger them because she's including religious content in her album.

If I had anything to guess about the intentions. I think Lana is very much still a Christian (considering she has been spotted at Church recently) but she was going through a dark period of her life and her belief in God may have been disrupted and became foggy.

I don’t think Judah would have hopped on the album if it was just a song to mock him and Christianity, I think there’s a deeper meaning to it. She contains multitudes after all.:wink:

31 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Isn’t the lyric “got a [censored] who turned on the back beat, busts the shower on while he calls me”

not “god’s a char”

Yeah if you listen to the stems you can hear it better... and on top of the word cop being censored, there's another layer of her going "shhh!" which makes the "Got a [shhh!]" sound like "God's a ch..."

Listen from 17:45:

Spoiler

I'M FOLK, I'M JAZZ

I'M BLUE, I'M GREEN

:hair:

BUT I HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS EVEN IF I'M ONE OF THE LAST ONES

:hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’m wondering why BoZ reacted so strongly with a “WTF” if it was just your standard popular unreleased tracks getting mastered though.

It’s giving Lana decided to do something random like how I Can Fly was on early BB.
Watch it be an EP of her most random tracks with a picsart album cover.

Queen of Disaster EP incoming

14 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m actually excited for the track. I just think it’s perfectly understandable if some people don’t vibe with it and if religious content is something that triggers them, then that’s perfectly valid  :candy: idk about anyone else but I never said Lana shouldn’t do this or that or that people should question her decision to include a sermon in her album - I don’t understand where these combative answers are coming from lol.

i think it's coming from a lot of people's opinions being shut down over the last few years and people are tired of it and ready for real art and meaningful discussions again

I think the whole Judah Smith Interlude "controversy" was because some people were afraid that Lana was going to endorse this fundamentalist christian thing and it was going to subsequently 1. Look really bad for her  and 2. Disappoint many fans who really dislike the religion. I remember the whole meltdowns people had on r*ddit regarding that interlude. I guess some people underestimate Lana and think that she is totally alienated from the world we live in or the demographics of her fanbase, but honestly I think we need to trust her more. For instance

Spoiler

The Grants is gospel inspired and she mentions a pastor, but it's not a fundamentalist world view. Just her faith in particular.

For me, Judah Smith - Candy Necklace - Jon Batiste are the most intriguing songs on the record, because like, how is that supposed to work?? But, at the same time, Lana has an artistic vision and we'll only understand it when we listen to the album in full. I don't think it's neither fundamentalist christian nor making fun of the pastor (I assume he listened to the track or at least knows he's being featured on the album), and I'm sure it will make sense eventually. 

Spoiler

Anyway but in my french vanilla fantasy Lana is going to star in a musical next year, have a baby, discover yoga and kabala, dump the christian themes and release her Ray of Light :w8ing:

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Can someone who is unbiased and doesn’t just hate piano based songs rate The Grants out of 10. 

Spoiler

8/10… tbh I don’t like the intro but you get more used to it the more you listen 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m actually excited for the track. I just think it’s perfectly understandable if some people don’t vibe with it and if religious content is something that triggers them, then that’s perfectly valid  :candy: idk about anyone else but I never said Lana shouldn’t do this or that or that people should question her decision to include a sermon in her album - I don’t understand where these combative answers are coming from lol.

No one's saying you did, it wasn't a direct reply to you or else I'd have quoted you. 

I'm just saying art might make you feel uncomfortable & I can't see why someone would get triggered from that interlude specifically — but that might have to do with me not having any trauma associated with religion. Take the allegedly raped line from A&W, for example. I definitely CAN see people getting triggered from that, but with the interlude I can't. If the preacher wasn't credited most of us would think he was just some man making a speech

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Can someone who is unbiased and doesn’t just hate piano based songs rate The Grants out of 10. 

7.5/10

Spoiler

tbh the intro of all the background singers is trash, but at least the rest has a solid melody and nice buildup

for me, sweet is a much better song, I give sweet a 9/10

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Spoiler

The Grants is middle to high tier of the leaks so far for me.

Out of 10? I would say an 8.5/10.

I like Lana’s slower, piano work more than her Born to Die days and previous. If that helps at all.

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Spoiler

an 8… she has better piano based songs ESPECIALLY from how outstanding the title track is but it serves very well as an opening

and also for giving me Margaret

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Spoiler

8/10

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Spoiler

9/10

I love the intro :xcry:

STAMPEDE (the duets album) - coming soon

TN8Axi7.png

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Spoiler

8/10 with the potential to grow, each time I listen I like it more. It's very soothing and peaceful as well which is appreciated given the heaviness of some other tracks

5 minutes ago, ivory almond said:
Spoiler

tbh the intro of all the background singers is trash

I think it’s a great intro to the album though. I think in a standalone song, or in the single version, it’s not great. But when listening to the album with that to start I think is fun personally.

Spoiler

I don't love the intro to The Grants, but it's something new and I respect it