Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, barttttender said:

This sounds possible. We know she had signed up for Alice before, and with Maleficent in the past, she clearly has a working relationship with Disney. I wouldn't be surprised if she was hired to produce a song or cover one of the iconic songs from before.

That said, the Little Mermaid o.s.t. is one of Disney's finest, so the bar is very high, especially with Alan Menken still around and contributing to the movie.

We'll know soon enoguh.

What do we do when Lana is actually playing Vanessa 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

8 minutes ago, x VB said:

Shouldn't be Puta de Venice? Venecia isn't the one in Italy?

Nope. Bitch is perra. Whore is puta. Also she means Venice CA not Venice IT :toofunny:

On 3/12/2023 at 11:53 PM, TrashMagiq said:

It was actually already morning where I am when I posted this so I did not mean today I mean tomorrow! tomorrow will be the day we will see the light no it’s true it’s true something is coming I can feel it. TrashMagiq never been wrong before we will see what happens!

Someone hacked my account and posted this 2 days ago... Mods y'all better get to the bottom of this! Very sick & twisted. :pout:

qfrWuBl.png

5 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Nope. Bitch is perra. Whore is puta. Also she means Venice CA not Venice IT :toofunny:

Yeah but do they refer to Venice (USA) as "Venecia" or "Venice"? lol I know she means the one in California :judgingu3:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

17 minutes ago, x VB said:

Shouldn't be Puta de Venice? Venecia isn't the one in Italy?

It can be perra. To be very accurate, perra is the most fidedig translation since bitch is a female dog.

but we use bitch as a synonym to whore (and perra as one to puta)

30 minutes ago, 111 said:

taco truck was initially titled Bonita btw and that's ur 111 exclusive for the month :kiss2:

I prefer Taco Truck x VB as a title tbh but I think that's because I stockholm syndromed myself into liking all the song titles cause I thought the tracklist was absolutely horrible when it first got revealed :monicker:

qfrWuBl.png

52 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

The Little Mermaid soundtrack is being released on 19th March

Remember Ed said Lana has more soundtracks coming? I’m sure he was talking about more than Watercolor Eyes since he said ‘soundtracks’ 

I really hope that’s the surprise BOZ was talking about 

Lana singing a song by Alan Menken would be a dream. And her way to interpret songs would be so perfect for an underwater world setting. 

It was expensive watch it 

Miley Cyrus's new album got a 6.2 from Pitchfork. Oops

(Totally deserved low score, I couldn't even finish the album). Hopefully Lana scores a "Best new album" tag, which I think is anything 8.1 or above.

25 minutes ago, x VB said:

Yeah but do they refer to Venice (USA) as "Venecia" or "Venice"? lol I know she means the one in California :judgingu3:

And I think it can be both, but we have to consider the anglicisation of the languages.

for example, here in Brazil we speak portuguese, right? 
but it’s not uncommon to see people writing Nova York instead of Nova Iorque or saying like Venice Beach instead of Praia de Veneza, you know?

Anyway, if you’re curious, here’s some Lana’s titles in (brazilian)portuguese:

1. The Grants/Os Grants
2. Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd/ Você sabia que tem um túnel embaixo da Ocean Boulevard?
3. Sweet/Doce
4. AW/Puta Americana
5. Judah Smith Interlude/ Interlúdio do Judah Smith
6. Candy Necklace/ Colar de Bala (or Colar de Doce)
7. Jon Batiste Interlude/ Interlúdio do Jon Batiste
8. Kintsugi/ Kintsugi
9. Fingertips/ Pontas dos Dedos
10. Paris, Texas/ Paris, Texas
11. Grandfather Please Stand on The Shoulders of My Father While He’s Deep-Sea Fishing/ Avô por favor fique nos ombros do meu pai enquanto ele pesca no fundo do mar
12. Let the Light In (ft. Father John Misty)/ deixe a luz entrar
13. Margaret (ft. Bleachers)/Margaret
14. Fishtail/Rabo de Peixe
15. Peppers (ft. Tommy Genesis)/ Pimentas
16. Taco Truck x VB/Caminhão de Taco x Cadela de Venice/Veneza

hope you liked it 

I don't get why everyone wants "The Grants" as a single... It would be a bad choice in my opinion. I know she doesn't care about numbers and most of us don't either, but knowing she's in a peak of being loved and liked by everyone, and her music being streamed more than ever, I wonder why would she release a "slow" song again, or a typical lana song I mean, when the album is full of more upbeat songs and catchy ones for what we've heard in the snippets... A&W did pretty well actually, I think the reason it wasn't a hit is the lenght of the song and maybe sounds a little too dark to be a hit, but Peppers or Taco for ex? I think both could work very well as a single, and even more now that the album is about to drop, so if I was her or her team The Grants would be like the last song I would think for a single, idk.

15 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Miley Cyrus's new album got a 6.2 from Pitchfork. Oops

(Totally deserved low score, I couldn't even finish the album). Hopefully Lana scores a "Best new album" tag, which I think is anything 8.1 or above.

I’m pretty sure she will, even Cocc and BB were above 8

11 minutes ago, marryingkind said:

And I think it can be both, but we have to consider the anglicisation of the languages.

for example, here in Brazil we speak portuguese, right? 
but it’s not uncommon to see people writing Nova York instead of Nova Iorque or saying like Venice Beach instead of Praia de Veneza, you know?

Anyway, if you’re curious, here’s some Lana’s titles in (brazilian)portuguese:

1. The Grants/Os Grants
2. Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd/ Você sabia que tem um túnel embaixo da Ocean Boulevard?
3. Sweet/Doce
4. AW/Puta Americana
5. Judah Smith Interlude/ Interlúdio do Judah Smith
6. Candy Necklace/ Colar de Bala (or Colar de Doce)
7. Jon Batiste Interlude/ Interlúdio do Jon Batiste
8. Kintsugi/ Kintsugi
9. Fingertips/ Pontas dos Dedos
10. Paris, Texas/ Paris, Texas
11. Grandfather Please Stand on The Shoulders of My Father While He’s Deep-Sea Fishing/ Avô por favor fique nos ombros do meu pai enquanto ele pesca no fundo do mar
12. Let the Light In (ft. Father John Misty)/ deixe a luz entrar
13. Margaret (ft. Bleachers)/Margaret
14. Fishtail/Rabo de Peixe
15. Peppers (ft. Tommy Genesis)/ Pimentas
16. Taco Truck x VB/Caminhão de Taco x Cadela de Venice/Veneza

hope you liked it 

We should make a whole thread about this, this is super fun actually 

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

I’m pretty sure she will, even Cocc and BB were above 8

COCC and BB were 7.5 and 7.7 iirc. I think NFR was the only album of hers to go above 8