Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah me too! Is it part of Fingertips (title sure seems to be indicating that) or the Grants ? (she said, back in May, it was the opening of track one, no? Although songs often change places on an album)

I just read that part of the interview, and for me, it seems like she was saying that Fingertips is just the first song that she made for the record 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Wait...I just saw that she did put Fingertips in her thank you note :eartha:

Omg I am HYPED for this song. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Making a fake tracklist to manifest the real one. I don't have the mental capacity to correctly places features  :true:

1. The Grants

2. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean Blvd?

3. Sweet

4 .A&W

5. Magic of soft desire feat. Judah Smith 

6. Candy necklace

7. Waist deep in icy waves

8. The tide

9. Fingertips feat. John Batiste

10. If you want a little more, chill a little more feat. Bleachers

11. Given Past Secrets - Our Time Serves Only More For We Have Desired Sins Forever

12. If we are lucky enough to lose - our lives become beautiful with mystery again feat. Father John Misty 

13. I’ve loved every boy I’ve ever dated  

14. Mascara feat. Tommy Genesis

15. Last minutes of daylight

16. Stars Align

faSE.gif

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Although I read that interview a couple of times, I’m still not sure :coffee: Back in May, this is what we thought, but maybe we’re wrong. 
one thing is for sure though: the song must be very special for Lana if she mentioned it back in May and did include it in her thank you note (surely a « Hope » situation, when she is happy because she didn’t think the song could be done)

Agreed, it is definitely something different and special. I’m very excited 

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

5:48 of automative meditative tibetan throat singing or whatever she called it, stun

This is how BoZ described Fingertips :dua:

Collapse incoming :trisha::lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

5:48 of automative meditative tibetan throat singing or whatever she called it, stun

Yup this is my song :judgingu3: I love her diaristic, wordy songs

13 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

I just read that part of the interview, and for me, it seems like she was saying that Fingertips is just the first song that she made for the record 

I never was sure since May. Thanks! It makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Oh!!! That song sure will divide!!! And I’m here for it! (She really seems to not play it safe this time around and letting it all out)

9 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

YESSS I’m so glad it’s good, not that I ever doubted queen mother 

I'm still wondering if "Misty Wishes" might be a song title...the way both Lana and Val said it in Val's one Instagram story sounded like they might be hinting at something :true:

Also it gives me "waist deep in icy waves" vibes 

For this new music, there’s none of that at all. It’s more just like: I’m angry. The songs are very conversational. For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.” It’s a very wordy album. So there’s no room for color. It’s almost like I’m typing in my mind.

There's almost no color in Ocean Blvd either, I feel like she's accurately described an album for once

9 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

it does not sound like any sort of throat singing but i can see some of the lyrics being made into stupid news headlines 

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

it does not sound like any sort of throat singing but i can see some of the lyrics being made into stupid news headlines 

I think "meditative tibetan throat singing" was his way of refering to Lana's "automatic singing" :hide:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Map of LA said:

For this new music, there’s none of that at all. It’s more just like: I’m angry. The songs are very conversational. For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.” It’s a very wordy album. So there’s no room for color. It’s almost like I’m typing in my mind.

I definitely feel like “conversational” elements in DYKTATUOB. It really feels like Lana is having a conversation about her fear of being forgotten 

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

He was being facetious and making a joke of her automated or automatic songwriting whatever she called it

4 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I'm still wondering if "Misty Wishes" might be a song title...the way both Lana and Val said it in Val's one Instagram story sounded like they might be hinting at something :true:

Wasn't this a hint at Father John Misty being on the album?

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I definitely feel like “conversational” elements in DYKTATUOB. It really feels like Lana is having a conversation about her fear of being forgotten 

Exactly!! I love it