Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, 111 said:

she probably wanted to since it's one of her faves but i imagine interscope took one listen and said you are lucky we are letting you release it at all. different times back then :um2:

give us an eclipse exclusive baby

8 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I hope so too because if the rest of the songs is the same ballady stuff from the last two albums, I'm done. AW showed promise in exploring a different more uplifting sound. The begining is so beautiful and powerful, then it's gets better with the coco puff part. :smokes:

I'm thinking I'm too old and outgrowing Lana, but I just got Paramore latest album and I love every song in it, so maybe I'm not too old? Maybe I'm just bored of Lana and the same ballad type songs she keeps doing. :twirls:

My ears perked up. :quote:

Spoiler

She said that BB was a very personal album, and OC, to me, seems even more so. I don't know if you've heard 'Grandfather,' 'Sweet' or 'Fingertips' yet, but if you haven't, you're in for a bad surprise in terms of song type. I think critics will love the personal nature of OC, the apparent lack of commercial intent or concern, and Lana will interpret that, of course, as a plus. And that, and early middle age, may encourage her further in that direction. If you're a little older than a lot of members here, then you probably know many musical artists, especially female artists, seem to drift into this sort of 'softball head space' in their late 30s, if their recording career extends that far: Chrissie Hynde, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, Kate Bush, Tori Amos. So it seems to me almost a natural progression, their vision turns inward and they start writing about children, family, parents. All of the artists I've listed wrote at least one song about their children; Nico did too--even Nico (twice)! And in several cases, their Stans rejected those songs and said things like, "Geez, is she even trying anymore? It sounds like something she dreamt up in the tub." (Bush). I'm hopeful about the balance of OC, but we know form BOZ and others that 'Kintsugi' has been described as slow and meandering. I'm pretty objective about my responses to Lana's albums, or any artist's albums, and if OC turns out to be, at least for me, "a turd," then I'll see it has a missed opportunity. I hope you're able to find at least a handful of tracks you enjoy on it. 

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

then we should also follow our pattern and have the album by friday :true:

well I don't know about that because I don't listen to album leaks, but the release date should never have changed that's for sure

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

35 minutes ago, renaissance said:

Lord….. I dont think we are actually ready to defend her next week when she starts getting dragged for some of these lyrics

i’m not even gonna bother 

haters are gonna hate but it’s not like they would’ve been streaming anyways and the real fans know her intentions 

1 minute ago, lanita said:

i think they’re saying the opposite

well no ahaha i just meant that UV and NFR were the only albums that did not have the opening track released as a single and both are her best albums

but Tunnel did have the opener released as a single, so no pattern here :xgiggle:

12 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

she really wanna be Wait For Life but she'll never be her

Spoiler

not to say anything but there is a remix of Sweet and Wait for Life you know where:oic2:

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

well no ahaha i just meant that UV and NFR were the only albums that did not have the opening track released as a single and both are her best albums

but Tunnel did have the opener released as a single, so no pattern here :xgiggle:

oh sorry, i guess my reading comprehension is not up to par at the moment :oprah:

21 minutes ago, imasadboy said:
  Hide contents

Something like "The Great Gig in The Sky" but without the screamings

The screaming is what makes that track iconic though :creepna:

but any comparison between the 2 makes me very excited because I Stan them too :oic2:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

19 minutes ago, barttttender said:

That is another good point.

When are Ben and Interscope going to start doing promotions for this record? No trailer, no music videos, no TV appearances, not even lyric visualizers on youtube. Like, what exactly is the point of having them?

And whatever that was on the BBC yesterday was a lot of nothing, as I expected. Just a lot of BS that had almost no focus on Lana whatsoever.