Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

something big is happening next week i can feel it in my bones :ma:

꧁჊⊱♄ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♄⊱჊꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

something big is happening next week i can feel it in my bones :ma:

She might like surprise drop an album on Friday at 12 am est
I just feel it 

32 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

its obviously fine not to enjoy music about family, we all like different things but i find it highly misogynistic to consider it "lazy" for women to write about family. its like when people say women are "wasting their potential" by getting married and having kids as if women are expected to deny their biological urge to raise a family just because we have more options in the modern world. men and younger women might not understand or relate to music women 30+ write about their families but it doesn't make it lazy or as if they're not trying. women in this age range just often change their priorities.

The problem with songs about kids and family is that to each individual, their own child is adorable almost beyond measure, but other people may find ongoing talk about someone else's child's tiresome before very long. It's the old 'come over and watch our home movies' situation you see in old movies and television shows, where the hosts are boring their neighbors to death with their endless vacation reels and talk about what fascinating action 'little Stevie' or 'little Susie' took today. How many people complained about 'Sweet Carolina' as "interesting to Lana, no doubt, it's about her niece, but not to me" after BB came out? 

I didn't use the word "lazy," you have seen that somewhere else, and I didn't say female artists who write about their family aren't "trying." It's exactly what you just said in your last line: their priorities change in a massive way when people have children, for both women and men. 

Men write about their kids, parents, siblings too, often to equally undramatic or interesting effect, like Jimmy Buffet's 'Little Miss Magic' (groan). Or to good effect, as with Rayland Baxter's song about his relationship with his father, 'Oh My Captain,' which is so broad and archetypal that the themes are expressed in a kind of universal language.  

I'm all for women having children and raising families, and men too; I live in NYC and have been here for a while; I've seen what ambition and careerism can do to women especially, who are urged to "rise to their potential' and give up having a family, or having one child only, that they barely see due to 24/7 career and commuting demands. 

Lana has every right to explore her family, its history, and her 'karmic lineage,' as she has been doing on some of the BB songs and now on 'The Grants' and others from OC. But whether those songs will have real appeal to even her Stans is another question. 

35 minutes ago, imaginist said:

To the people saying Fingertips doesn’t have a melody, I can literally play it on piano
? 😂

And it's really good too

Spoiler

The inflections she does at the end of the sentences specially on the second half of the song are stunning (and heartbreaking too) :krylie:

giphy.gif

the grants is good and probably my fav single oop

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

do we know who took the cover art for the title track single

nvm found it

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

I dont get why they dont do any promo in latin america. Like, we love Lana in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Colombia etc (just watch her shows here).

They prefer to make things for her in a country that cancels her for the most ridiculous thing instead of strengthening her image in the countries that love her🙄🙄🙄

25 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I-

that’s definitely a list!!

Tunnel in the top 3 where she belongs tho 

and Norman at number 9 where she belongs

nfr as number 9? Funniest post of the season 😝

51 minutes ago, tulsa said:

i think it's so special that they decided to keep the part where one of the backup singers sings the lyrics incorrectly and then they just start again and sing it beautifully, it really encapsulates the vibe of this album, just stream of consciousness and letting it all flow without forcing anything to sound fabricated and perfect :wub:

WAIT IM JUST LEARNING THERE'S AN ACTUAL BBC INTERVIEW I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE SONG PREMIERE WTF AND LANA SAID THIS SAME THING THIS IS :lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange::lange: 

6 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

coming to smash

@prv_dan is as reliable as DragonWhore and missdaytona :bebe:

───  ïœĄâ™Ą: *.☜ .* :â™ĄïœĄÂ â”€â”€â”€

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

I have a feeling that Candy Necklace will be a very instrumental guided track. Massive and pleasing to the ears makes me think that a lot of the song will be production as opposed to vocals

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.