Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, love deluxe said:

have to cancel my vinyl and merch orders because i unexpectedly lost my job today. :’( the grants has really been helping me through this difficult day in my life.

I'm so sorry :( thats awful. I'm glad that the grants could provide u with some comfort in this challenging time. it'll all work out, sending u love <3

1 minute ago, love deluxe said:

have to cancel my vinyl and merch orders because i unexpectedly lost my job today. :’( the grants has really been helping me through this difficult day in my life.

Omg that sucks, I’m so sorry❤️

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the covid line is hilarious because i never really gave a fuck about it either, its 2023 lets move on

I mean i gave a fuck about it, i'm a doctor so i was extra involved with it, but there's nothing disrespectful or wrong about the lyric. Yeah it was a hard time, but we also had to live through it and manage, of course i would be kissing my boyfriend lol. Those were just the times, the world was burning and yet you get home and have to shut it off for a bit. Nothing wrong about that or singing about it.

And if it troubles you, simply don't listen to it.

Just now, love deluxe said:

Things will get better for you! Hope you find a new job soon. You are already on the right path by streaming The Grants 

it honestly is so interesting how some of you are so defensive of anything she says/does, when she wasn't even attacked/judged - i just stated that i, PERSONALLY, feel uneasy because of the line and i have a good reason for that . it's so weird being quoted on that with responses telling me that im wrong for it, like..? i am sure that many people would feel weird in such a situation, rightfully so. is it the worst thing to say in a song? no. is it insensitive in a way? i sure do think so.

Spoiler

I interpreted the covid line as like, "welp my boyfriend tested positive so I probably have it too but whatever at least we're together" 

Not that she doesn't care about covid, but rather that she doesn't mind getting it since she'd stay home with him. Either way, those who get mad about it will get mad and forget about it in days. 

8V7Yvel.png

i didnt think the post of the peppers lyrics would be discussed for a few pages.

i dont think the line is wrong in any way, but i do question her saying something like that knowing how sensitive some people could be to the topic.

lana does questionable things that sometimes will get the medias attention (QFTC, mesh mask, VFR covid lyric, could go on).

while i think these things dont really mean much, it does effect her publicity to a degree.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

1 minute ago, MJx said:

it honestly is so interesting how some of you are so defensive of anything she says/does, when she wasn't even attacked/judged - i just stated that i, PERSONALLY, feel uneasy because of the line and i have a good reason for that . it's so weird being quoted on that with responses telling me that im wrong for it, like..? i am sure that many people would feel weird in such a situation, rightfully so. is it the worst thing to say in a song? no. is it insensitive in a way? i sure do think so.

Right.

"iF yOu dOn'T liKe iT, DoN'T liSten," acting like they're in the military fighting for Lana's honor 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, lanitataco said:

i dont think the line is wrong in any way, but i do question her saying something like that knowing how sensitive some people could be to the topic.

But why would someone be sensitive to it? Was there outcry over the "sick as c-c-cancer" line? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 minute ago, Mer said:

But why would someone be sensitive to it? Was there outcry over the "sick as c-c-cancer" line? 

@MJx explained his perspective perfectly if you read his posts.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Mer said:

But why would someone be sensitive to it?

- because people have died

Was there outcry over the "sick as c-c-cancer" line?

- yes stan twiter took that for a twirl 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

11 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that!! I hope you find something new soon. ❤️

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

She just be outright singing things that some of us do/think ourselves.. but would never actually say because.. you know.. tact :omfg2:

there will have been many covid regulation violations by many in this board, but we ain’t gotta talk about it :shh2:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Right.

"iF yOu dOn'T liKe iT, DoN'T liSten," acting like they're in the military fighting for Lana's honor 

Girl please, you run around like a butthurt kid everytime someone doesn't call Fingertips the greatest song of all time.

If you find something insensitive because of your own personal experiences, then don't listen. It really is as simple as that. You can obviously express it, but don't expect us to just dismiss Lana's songs and intentions because of that