Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 hours ago, letterblue said:

people need to quit talking about Jack. it’s embarrassing honestly, he’s an extremely talented producer. people act like the artists aren’t the ones going to work with him and describing the sound they want and liking how it sounds and then releasing it.

like please give it up :toofunny: your faves like what they hear.

A talented producer is supposed to produce honey and not vinegar for our ears . He may be a talented song - melody writer , but his mixing and mastering is just 🤮. And that’s ok . I’ve made peace with it since Lana made clear that she will work with him until the end of days .

And an unpopular opinion , I hated NFR when it came out and I couldn’t understand why people love it . Now after years I’m still trying to get into it but as soon as my ears hear the mixing mastering errors I get extremely annoyed . Yes the concept of this album is great , it could have been her best record if Jack could just help her with melodies and not actually mix / master the album .

59 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

A talented producer is supposed to produce honey and not vinegar for our ears . He may be a talented song - melody writer , but his mixing and mastering is just 🤮. And that’s ok . I’ve made peace with it since Lana made clear that she will work with him until the end of days .

And an unpopular opinion , I hated NFR when it came out and I couldn’t understand why people love it . Now after years I’m still trying to get into it but as soon as my ears hear the mixing mastering errors I get extremely annoying . Yes the concept of this album is great , it could have been her best record if Jack could just help her with melodies and not actually mixing / mastering the album .

you do realize that he isn't the only one that mixes/masters songs or albums.....right? 

off topic but i love your picture, Dark is so great.

10 hours ago, burthday kake said:

I know its already been posted a couple times but for reference incase anyone hasn't seen it yet,  Lanas album cover was very likely based on this:

40-EA9-A8-B-8-DC9-420-D-B55-B-A43-E28-C4-D251.jpg

I was curious what the film (originally a screenplay) is about incase it might have influenced the choice & heres two short summaries I came across:

"A small-town woman falls in love with a stranger sent to close down the local railway. Her manipulative mother schemes to drive the outsider away, intending her daughter to marry someone else, which sets in motion a fierce battle of wills between parent and child. Romantic drama, starring Robert Redford, Natalie Wood and Charles Bronson"

"In this film adaptation of a Tennessee Williams play, Alva (Natalie Wood) is a radiant Southern belle who clashes with her oppressive mother, Hazel (Kate Reid). Hazel is trying to force Alva to take an affluent husband, but the young woman has eyes for Owen Legate (Robert Redford), a handsome city slicker visiting their tiny Mississippi town. Hazel disapproves of Owen and forces him to stop seeing her daughter. In an act of revenge, Alva takes up with her mother's beau, J.J. (Charles Bronson)"

:coffee: ....:gasp::gasp::gasp:

Ofc it may purely be an aesthetical thing but with what we know about her relationship to Patty....HELPPPPP

momma's mercedes or billy's pick up truck

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, AntiToxicPill said:

And an unpopular opinion , I hated NFR when it came out and I couldn’t understand why people love it . Now after years I’m still trying to get into it but as soon as my ears hear the mixing mastering errors I get extremely annoying . Yes the concept of this album is great , it could have been her best record if Jack could just help her with melodies and not actually mixing / mastering the album .

What is the ‘concept’? of NFR?

13 minutes ago, Fever said:

i feel like we can make the song title gay slang. like, did u know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd. means they want you to make love to them

This is the 2020's "Are you a friend of Dorothy?" 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

I'm so glad she properly thought out her title track this time around..

I mean she was considering TJF to be the title track at one point and its such a horrible title track compared to her other iconic ones. 

Ocean is title track material. 

I could never rank them.. they're all equally mindblowing. 

She really is a fucking LEGEND. She is coming to DEVOUR sales and streams with DYKTTATUOB. Omg she really is a genius I mean her discography as a whole inc unreleased literally DEMOLISHES all of the girls music put together omfg. She really is THAT fucking girl. PERIODDDDDD. Love this bitch FOREVAAAAA nothing will make me unstan idc idc she could run me over and I will be STREAMING in the hospital bed. LOVE LANA DEL GOD