Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Pretty much 8 days

49tA0gF.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

I see your point, but from what we know so far Ocean Blvd does seem somewhat cohesive (to me, tho I may be wrong), especially with the singles we got so far which outside the fandom were acclaimed very well, even excellent to say. This album will have some more of "pop/bop" songs, having in mind the last three on the tracklist, but so did NFR with Doin' Time, and the overall themes in this one seem pretty cohesive so in the end it could go both ways, I could picture it being well received by the critics, A&W was the best new track on pitchfork which is a good indicator even with it non-standard song structure. But we'll see, I do hope it gets a great reaction and manages to pave the way for some future accolades of hers.

Great points all around. I definitely think critics will be less tepid this time (as compared to the reception Chemtrails and Blue Banisters got) because this album definitely feels bold, risky and passionate - it also seems to combine the maturity of her post-NFR work with the bite of her pre-NFR work which is a win-win situation because critics are now really fond of her and there’s been a willingness to reassess her entire discography with a fresh new look and recognize her greatness as something she’s displayed all along. So I think that bodes well for her ultimately.

The thing is: NFR was a wake-up call for a lot of people outside of the fandom to realize she was truly one of the best artists in the game and that realization came for an album that was seen and perceived as an instant modern classic: not confrontational or challenging enough to alienate audiences but with enough personality and uniqueness to set her apart from everyone else. That kind of sets the bar and the tone when it comes to people outside of the fandom so for an alternative artist like Lana who does little to no promotion, has no music videos for the era and is about to release her longest album to date, full of complex and really dense songs about heavy topics, I think it’ll take a lot of factors for her to get to a place where the basics of the recording academy to recognize her. 

IMG-7960.jpg

Spoiler

The way she talks/whispers, the out of rhythmic style, on the verses (for ‘Peppers’) reminds me of the Gorillaz’s track called ‘Rhinestone Eyes.’ And the build up that’s very experimental goes so hard 🔥  it REALLY reminds me of Gorillaz as well! Love this song and can’t wait to hear in HQ)!! 

QUITTING MY JOB IN ONE MINUTE WISH ME LUCK LANABOARDS :krylie:

𝔅𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔗𝔬 𝔇𝔦𝔢 𝔵 𝔘𝔩𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔵 ℌ𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫

ob6gU4v.jpgGakhqti.jpg9AB9q4W.jpg

Spoiler

Fishtail, Peppers, Taco Truck the next Heroin, Change, Get Free!! :hair:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

PLS the instant shits I just got when a gay came up to me rn and pointed at my phone when I had LB up on my screen and I thought I was discovered irl :air2: :air2: If you see me in person mind ya business sbjdbffjfbf ANYWAY where is HQ 🫑🌶️

Bb you know I'm saying hi if I ever see you in the wild :oprah3::true::byeh8rs2:

13 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

Let’s see if we can hit 3000 pages in the next week :omfg:

that goes without saying :oprah3:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Fishtail, Peppers, Taco Truck the next Heroin, Change, Get Free!! :hair:

!!!! :hype: That’s such a high compliment, even more excited to hear those three now! :bop:

3 minutes ago, rabbit said:

!!!! :hype: That’s such a high compliment, even more excited to hear those three now! :bop:

Just a heads up they sound nothing alike, I just think they're all bangers! :hair: