Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

The flowers kinda look like Hollyhocks. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

1 hour ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Would you mind elaborating? I absolutely agree with it but I can't decide for some albums.

I think the most game changing song of her was off to the races tbh. The lyrics and the way she alternated her vocals, she totally snapped, absolutely untouchable

My career highlights from each album

BTD: Off to the Races/Video Games

Paradise: Ride

Ultraviolence: West Coast/Brooklyn Baby/Shades

Honeymoon: ok, I ADORE Honeymoon but i'm not sure about this one. I personally think Terrence Loves You & The Blackest Day are highlights

Lust for Life: Heroin/Get Free

Norman: Mariners/VB/The Greatest

Chemtrails: White Dress

Blue Banisters: Wildflower Wildfire - similar to Honeymoon, more of a personal opinion than something a little more objective (even though is is all subjective lol)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, MagicalTrancePotion said:

The flowers kinda look like Hollyhocks. 

I’m 100% sure it is

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

15 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Realistically, when do we think she will drop the track list? Because I think if she doesn’t by mid January, it will leak 

being realistic, i think she'll drop it around february to get people excited for the album OR by the time the second single comes out (if theres even a second single). january is an odd time to release it, the album will be 2 months away and the single will still be relatively new

i know some people aren’t too keen on the title track, but it seems the vast majority of us are still loving it and my god it makes me so happy to see us all united in joy and a love for lana like this :trisha:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

idk what to think of this song a week after its release. It's very solid and works well in the right mood, but it's not her best songwriting like in NFR times in my opinion. It all seems a bit basic and repetitive, even some songs on COCC and BB were better written. It's more of an appetizer for the album, I hope the better songs are yet to come. 

58 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i know some people aren’t too keen on the title track, but it seems the vast majority of us are still loving it and my god it makes me so happy to see us all united in joy and a love for lana like this :trisha:

I still have not taken to it; I am glad so many are. 

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

idk what to think of this song a week after its release. It's very solid and works well in the right mood, but it's not her best songwriting like in NFR times in my opinion. It all seems a bit basic and repetitive, even some songs on COCC and BB were better written. It's more of an appetizer for the album, I hope the better songs are yet to come. 

I’d go even further, though I do not consider a lot of the NFR! songwriting great or very good either. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I still have not taken to it; I am glad so many are. 

i totally get that! im glad too - i remember when Blue Banisters came out (the song) and a lot of people seemed to be living for it and it just didn't click for me. to this day im still not keen :( but it was great seeing people so hyped about the title track. i hope there's something on the new record for you! apparently it has a lot of variety on it so my hopes are high for that!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i totally get that! im glad too - i remember when Blue Banisters came out (the song) and a lot of people seemed to be living for it and it just didn't click for me. to this day im still not keen :( but it was great seeing people so hyped about the title track. i hope there's something on the new record for you! apparently it has a lot of variety on it so my hopes are high for that!

Yup, and that’s the only BB track besides the interlude that I don’t care for (and the interlude because I’ve known the original for over a decade). I don’t mind the refrain on BB, but the choruses, with their name-dropping, seem to have been written too casually. 

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

part of why i get so defensive over the lipsters who are not keen on lana 2.0 is because i've been in the boat of not enjoying something most other people enjoy and feeling shit for it (in fact it's happened with lana too iykyk :bebe:)

but at the same time it goes both ways and even if you don't like something it doesn't mean that you should not like that people enjoy the thing :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

part of why i get so defensive over the lipsters who are not keen on lana 2.0 is because i've been in the boat of not enjoying something most other people enjoy and feeling shit for it (in fact it's happened with lana too iykyk :bebe:)

but at the same time it goes both ways and even if you don't like something it doesn't mean that you should not like that people enjoy the thing :oprah3:

Yes, that means there are more happy people and Lana fans on the planet and that’s a good thing for everyone. 

8 minutes ago, the ocean said:

totally agree! I feel like if there are fans that miss the whole Lolita lost in the hood / Ultraviolence / cigarettes and daddies Lana that's totally fair and I think they have every right to be on this forum. im fortunate enough to be really digging this current era and who knows if we'll have another LFL / BTD / UV in the future?? :teehee:

Wq9zHLl.jpg