Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Peppers said:
  Hide contents

I think those snippets in the background of Jon Batiste Interlude are from Candy Necklace :party: sounds great!

Spoiler

i was kind of wondering if that interlude was more of like a candy necklace reprise type thing, especially since it seems like the judah smith interlude transitions directly into CN.

1 minute ago, Peppers said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think those snippets in the background of Jon Batiste Interlude are from Candy Necklace :party: sounds great!

This was one of the thoughts I had while listening to it

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Spoiler

My rating of just the songs I’ve heard tonight. Don’t hate me 

1. Grandfather- just everything I want in a song. Perfect melody, mostly great lyrics, OBSESSED with the vocals 
  2. Paris, Texas- this one is surprising me because on the first listen I liked it but on the second listen it just clicked for me
    1. Fishtail- I love the lyrics, love the melody, love the beat. It makes me happy 
  3. Peppers- SO fun, I love the music and the production and it feels like summer 
  4. Kintsugi- absolutely heartbreakingly stunningggg 
  5. Let the light in- very sweet and lovely and I’m a huge fjm fan and I love their voices together 
  6. Margaret- I can see why some people don’t like it but I think it’s darling. It brings me so much warmth and happiness, it feels so secure and calming 
  7. Taco truck x VB- not loving this yet. I like the taco truck part, but the Venice bitch just seems silly to me, it doesn’t make sense. It kind of feels like a fan made edit to me. I might need to listen more 

Spoiler

upon first listen paris, texas was giving coraline

but i promise all of you that when you listen to it several times over it begins to develop an entirely different meaning and that dark energy goes away

the song is steeped in a certain bittersweet energy. it really sounds like shes reflecting upon her youth and her endeavors/travels, and it puts into words and melody that feeling you have when you leave somewhere that you’ve spent a lot of your time

in the outro she says “when you’re home, you’re home, when you’re home, you’re home. you’re home when you’re alone”

feeling at home with yourself, its like that warmth within yourself that comforts you no matter where you go. i imagine introverts will fall in love with this track

Spoiler

The “yeah” at the end of taco truck/VB. Idk why but that’s just perfect. What a crazy album. I’m so glad my girl is INSANE and so talented 

Spoiler

Literally gonna have to take Benadryl to knock myself out so I don’t listen to any of the songs again until at least tomorrow. Really I should wait until release day but I know I won’t 🙃

Just now, imaginist said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Idk y’all. I’m listening to The Grants audio on YouTube and I instantly noticed the quality is FAR better than these leaks. 

Spoiler

I'm still not convinced that it's HQ but we'll see.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Spoiler

I haven’t listened yet… but how does this album compare to say, Blue Banisters? I hope it’s better than that one…at least, sonically. And also does it top UV and Honeymoon as her best? I love NFR too. I just want to know how it ranks to all of those.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”