Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

My rating of just the songs I’ve heard tonight. Don’t hate me 

1. Grandfather- just everything I want in a song. Perfect melody, mostly great lyrics, OBSESSED with the vocals 
  2. Paris, Texas- this one is surprising me because on the first listen I liked it but on the second listen it just clicked for me
    1. Fishtail- I love the lyrics, love the melody, love the beat. It makes me happy 
  3. Peppers- SO fun, I love the music and the production and it feels like summer 
  4. Kintsugi- absolutely heartbreakingly stunningggg 
  5. Let the light in- very sweet and lovely and I’m a huge fjm fan and I love their voices together 
  6. Margaret- I can see why some people don’t like it but I think it’s darling. It brings me so much warmth and happiness, it feels so secure and calming 
  7. Taco truck x VB- not loving this yet. I like the taco truck part, but the Venice bitch just seems silly to me, it doesn’t make sense. It kind of feels like a fan made edit to me. I might need to listen more 

Spoiler

I agree with everything you said tbh. Grandfather is by far the best track and I didn't get the VB part neither... 

Spoiler

Taco Truck x VB is such a slay I’m sorry. Taco Truck gives me Santana vibes and VB’s remix :hair: made me almost cry from the nostalgia it’s the quintessential LA’s songs. I am also very tipsy rn as celebration so 

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

I haven’t listened yet… buthow does this album compare to say, Blue Banisters? I hope it’s better than that one…at least, sonically. And also does it top UV and Honeymoon as her best? I love NFR too. I just want to know how it ranks to all of those.

Spoiler

Blue Banisters found dead :xgiggle:

Just now, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

I haven’t listened yet… buthow does this album compare to say, Blue Banisters? I hope it’s better than that one…at least, sonically. And also does it top UV and Honeymoon as her best? I love NFR too. I just want to know how it ranks to all of those.

Spoiler

IMO, def better than BB. Much more versatile and rich sonically. I think it's too early to tell if it tops UV, HM, or NFR for me

this album is just.... i have no words.

Lana has done it again, reinvented herself and created something to intangible and unique but at the same time something that is so simple and beautiful. Some songs sound playful yet sad, others nostalgic and fresh at the same time. 

The vocals are on point, the lyrics are some of her best and the production is immaculate. I don't know how to put it but this is an album that really has no room for color in it. It's the most stunning black&white grey wall of sounds ever. 

What a time to be alive with one of the great musical geniuses of our era. 

Thank you for this album, Lanita.

❤️

Wy8jf2U.jpg

1 minute ago, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

I haven’t listened yet… but how does this album compare to say, Blue Banisters? I hope it’s better than that one…at least, sonically. And also does it top UV and Honeymoon as her best? I love NFR too. I just want to know how it ranks to all of those.

Spoiler

It doesn't resemble BB at all rly (besides the singles), more Honeymoon and AKA influences. My top two albums were NFR! and Honeymoon so you will love it. 

Spoiler

VB is my fav Lana song ever but…I also don’t understand the point of bringing it back. It’s just a little trap remix and I’m not understanding the reason why she closed the album with it. It bothers me a bit 

Full lyrics for Let The Light In below:

Spoiler

Pick you up around a quarter to three :creepna3:
Ask you if you want something to eat :oopna:

Drive around, get drunk, do it over again :thumb2:
Wake you up at night, quarter to one :silly:
I can never stop, wanna have fun? :gasp:
Don't be actin like I'm the kinda girl who can sleep :icant:

'Cause every time you say I'm gonna go :scoff:
I just smile 'cause babe, I already know :smile2:

You know I got nothing under this undercoat :wink:

Ooooo, let the light in :brows:
I'm at your backdoor yelling, 'cause I wanna come in :um3:
Ooooo, turn your light on :wave2:

Look at us, you and I back at it again :eek2:

Pick you up around a quarter to two :agree:
Usually, we got nothing to do :pft:

Screw it, maybe you should go and record some of those songs :oic:
Got my dress on tight 'cause you know that I :creepna:
Like shining in moonlight, there's so much riding :heart:

On this life and how we write our love songs :blush3:

I'm at your backdoor yelling, 'cause I wanna come in :um3:

Look at us, you and I back at it again :eek2:

'Cause I love to love to love to love you :kiss3:
I hate to hate to hate to hate you :lanasrs:

Put the Beatles on, light the candles, go back to bed :grinds:
'Cause I wanna wanna wanna want you :thirst:

I need to need to need to need you :cumming:

Put the TV on, flowers in a vase by your head :dance:

At your backdoor yelling, 'cause I wanna come in :um3:

Look at us, you and me, back at it again :eek2:

❤️❤️

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

3 minutes ago, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

I haven’t listened yet… but how does this album compare to say, Blue Banisters? I hope it’s better than that one…at least, sonically. And also does it top UV and Honeymoon as her best? I love NFR too. I just want to know how it ranks to all of those.

Spoiler

It’s definitely more of an interesting and exciting ride than BB. 

my fav albums from any artist ever are UV & Honeymoon. I also love paradise, NFR, and honestly I love BB. 

id say this album is my third favorite now, coming in after UV & Honeymoon. 

Is anyone else keeping track of all the references to her previous works in the new songs?? I haven’t listened to the whole album yet but these are the ones I’ve remembered so far. 

• ”Palm trees in black and white” from Fishtail

• The way she’s singing Love Song during the “how we write our love song” line in Let the Light In

• The “Sweet, barefeet” in Sweet being the exact same as the “I’m lonely, I’m lonely” line from Wait for Life 

• The Serene Queen reference in Fingertip

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

Someone tell me if this is gonna get a 9+ on Pfk

Spoiler

I think they love NFR too much to give it that high. But I do think it will get somewhere between 8.4 to 8.7

Spoiler

I caved in—I only have myself to blame, but imma keep pointing my fingertips at y'all lmao

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

3 minutes ago, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

All I can say is that you have nothing to worry about it’s a beautiful record with beautiful lyrics and many different sounds. It’s up to your personal taste on how much you’ll like it. 

Spoiler

Grandfather Please Stand On the Shoulders of my Father While He's Deep-Fishing is miss Lana BEST TRACK ever 

Spoiler

after Brooklyn Baby 

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

Someone tell me if this is gonna get a 9+ on Pfk

Spoiler

I'd be surprised, honestly. I think it's too sonically varied, and they have such a strong preference for cohesion (NFR, Renaissance, etc)