Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

I know but like Lana is christian herself like she’s the one who attends the church so like- ?? what’s the difference versus him on the album versus her liking his beliefs 

People are just expressing concern and discomfort over a song that features a sermon. Why is this so bothersome and surprising? Let people feel what they wanna feel, damn.

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, EndlessSummer said:

What is A&W?

I don’t think this is what she’s referencing, but it’s a restaurant chain :silly:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, EndlessSummer said:

What is A&W?

Isn't it a root beer brand, or a Root Beer-themed restaurant? 

I will say, I hope there aren't a ton of interludes.

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

People are just expressing concern and discomfort over a song that features a sermon. Why is this so bothersome and surprising? Let people feel what they wanna feel, damn.

when did i say it was bothersome i was just confused on the logic behind it :bebe:

Just now, hotshot2am said:

The leaked Fingertips snippet likely isn't the final song since it's only 2:17 minutes long and seems to only have sparse piano instrumentals, which doesn't sound like how Lana described it in the letter.

It's the final. She sent the unedited voice note to Drew who mastered and engineered it. She means it sounds like it was recorded in a studio not on an iPhone - NOT that it has rich instrumentation or full body. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

3 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i don’t think so… the person who was selling them was a big leaker and had a huge variety of other artists not only lana

But they had to get it from somewhere. I don’t think the person selling it was the thief, but I think it was probably sourced originally from it

2 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Okay can I explain myself?

I can ignore Lana talking about her beliefs when she sings about contemplating god or talking to Jesus, whatever, you do you.

But I never signed up for Churchome and I never asked to be lectured about nonsense by a homophobic middle aged man. 

This is like giving a christian a recording of fucking Aleister Crowley lecturing them about how amazing Satan is, and then telling them not to be "dramatic" about it when they say they're not comfortable with it. No thanks.

girllll we have no idea what this sounds like, why are we assuming the sermon is saying “REPENT OR YOURE GOING TO HELL” it probably says something nice about god/jesus nothing crazy 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ