Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Coney Island King said:

Why is  Candy Necklace not part of the leak…..so random…

either the original source of the leak didn't obtain that OR they left it out intentionally and someone they sent it to leaked the album without candy necklace 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, hotshot2am said:

I didn't read all posts today so maybe it was brought up already but it seems the leaked tracks are unmastered, the lengths don't match with the ones on the album.

didn't someone mention how the album leak without candy necklace was from before they added it? so maybe what we have right now is an earlier version, i think you're onto something 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, American Whore said:

didn't someone mention how the album leak without candy necklace was from before they added it? so maybe what we have right now is an earlier version, i think you're onto something 

Spoiler

Kintsugi and Taco Truck have studio chatter at the end, I wonder if they will cut that out considered they are a couple seconds shorter on the album.

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I didn't read all posts today so maybe it was brought up already but it seems the leaked tracks are unmastered, the lengths don't match with the ones on the album.

just a few seconds tho. maybe margin of error?

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Spoiler

Guyssss :crying: in TT for me, it’s the way that when she starts talking, you can hear the background “ahh’s” of VB and it’s like we’re being transported back to one of the most iconic times in music history I’m gonna cry :trisha:

29 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

what are your fave songs on ocean blvd?

Right now:

Spoiler

Paris Texas, Grandfather, A&W, Taco Truck and Margaret, with Let The Light In and Fingertips really high on my list too. I also still really love The Grants.

The closest to a skip for me is Sweet not because it’s bad but because I just can’t connect with the Broadway-like sonority and Drew’s orchestration can be hit or miss for me.

Wbu?

IMG-7960.jpg

Spoiler

ok tbh i’m wondering if LTLI is about Donoghue n her bc 1) he totally seems like the kind of person who Lana would pick up/go see at like 3am djskdjdj & 2) when she posted the Vday flowers he got her w the caption “it’s a love/ hate thing”

& then the lyrics 

“i love to love to love to love you

i hate to hate to hate to hate you”

9 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

That makes sense, because CN is missing. I have a feeling that this is an earlier version that some "insiders" have had for weeks, but it might be different from the final mastered version.

My two cents (not gonna dive into the lyrics because I couldn’t process all of them yet):

The Grants: I’m so happy that Lana had the idea to use that “mistake” and put it as an intro. What a gorgeous opening track and setting the mood for what’s to come. 10

Did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard: classic Lana, beautiful metaphor… we already know it too well by now so I’m not gonna dive more into it. 9.5

Spoiler

Sweet: I wasn’t very impressed with it when it leaked two weeks ago (although I only listened to it two times), but having listened to it now I have completely changed my mind. Such a grower! It has a very Disney-esque / musical feeling to it which makes it really special. 9.5

A&W: 10

Spoiler

Judah Smith Interlude: i find it quite creepy with the way that person shouts and the fact that is recorded with a phone most probably, which makes it even creepier. Not a big fan of it, but I’m curious to see how it will mix with Candy Necklace. 6

John Batiste interlude: compared to the previous interlude, this one I do enjoy. It has a weird vibe to it, but I love that we can hear Lana’s vocals in the back. I think this one will sound even better once we have Candy Necklace. 7.5

Kintsugi: it’s a lovely song, beautiful melody throughout, but I had higher expectations and for now I’m not too impressed by it. 8.5

Fingertips: just like Sweet, when it leaked I wasn’t very into it, but now I’m obsessed with it. It’s so melancholic and sad, it breaks my heart in the most beautiful way. The instrumental is superb and her voice is so delicate and vulnerable… it’s just stunning! 10

Paris, Texas: this one as well, it wrecks me! The piano, the melody, the voice… beautiful! For me, this is Bartender 2.0. 10

Grandfather: the third song in a row that makes me want to cry. That’s how beautiful it is. To me, Grandfather is a career highlight and I really hope that she’ll release it with a video. 10

Let the Light In: another very good one, I love Father John Misty’s voice and combined with Lana “sends me straight to Heaven”. Production is also on point. 9.5

Margaret: I didn’t have high hopes for this one, and it probably helped because I’m really impressed. And what I also love is that you don’t hear Jack too much on the track. 9

Fishtail: I was expecting this track to be a ballad - similar to Fingertips - and wow… that beat drop blew my mind. From this track to the last we have experimental Lana in full force. 10

Peppers: this one’s a 100% bop! I love Tommy’s sample, I love Lana’s vocals, and I love the instrumental towards the end. 10

Taco Truck x VB: I was obsessed with the first half of the track since those snippets appeared and boy, it’s so good! It’s giving me Fuck it i love you & West Coast vibes and the transition to Venice Bitch is pure gold. Really weird to end the album with the original version of VB, but I’m not complaining at all. 10 

For me, this album will most probably shake my top 3 Lana albums: Honeymoon, NFR!, Ultraviolence. I don’t think it will surpass Honeymoon, but it might end up right after it or NFR! and replace Ultraviolence. I still need to listen to it more and hear Candy Necklace to have a clearer view. But Chemtrails and Blue Banisters… gurls… sorry to let you go. Or not. :bebe:

5 minutes ago, American Whore said:

mmm so a whole demo album? how iconic. it sounds basically done though so this must be a very recent album mix.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

*Takes one long step forward out of the shadows and confidently enters the chat*

After definitely not listening to the album that definitely did NOT end up playing in my ears (Idont’tevenhaveanyears,your’onor!)  my VoYEur days are D-O-N-E. I’m taking off the creepy faux leather trenchcoat, curbing the heavy breathing by taking a solid pump of my blue inhaler because I am READY to slink into these conversations after lurking for too many screentime (™️) minutes. 

(Miss Havisham dress speech…)  I want to be an iconic little bitch, legendary & say things I regret, then say them again in a different way. I want to flirt with those hotman user pictures and get everyone’s opinions on Miss Del Rey’s latest and greatest. 

L💕V💕N💕 this album (that I definitely haven’t heard yet).

Nice to meet you all XoX

re: Margaret

Spoiler

The nonsensical singing Jack does, I think it was recorded as a filler, as in sometimes the lyrics don’t come to mind immediately, but you have to keep going singing the melody as it comes you. But knowing the intentional sketchiness of the production throughout, Lana obviously said “no, let’s use that, the raw melody coming out” - the automatic singing.

lowkey could also be the final track in another life