Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Kintsugi is making me cry right now. Kintsugi and Fingertips reward you so much as listeners if you're patient and open minded. What beautiful music. :trisha:

Spoiler

These are my favourites along with Let the Light In and Grandfather. Fingertips definitely at the top for me.

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Kintsugi is making me cry right now. Kintsugi and Fingertips reward you so much as listeners if you're patient and open minded. What beautiful music. :trisha:

Spoiler

Kintsugi is slowly becoming my number one, but in like a self destructive way bc it makes me ugly sob 

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Exclusive day 2 ranking! 

Reveal hidden contents

1.  Every song!

:true:

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

MARGARET AT 12 AND PEPPERS AT 10 OH LORD—
DYK above A&W and Sweet? 😭 I agree with Kintsugi, Let The Light In, Fishtail, Taco Truck, and Paris, Texas's placements

Spoiler

To be fair, 1-10 on my ranking are all 9+/10 for me, Margaret and Paris Texas are 8/10 and 7.5/10 respectively, so safe to say I love them all !:true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Enco said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You know it’s one of her best albums when people have very contrasting opinions on the same songs. “If everyone likes it then maybe it’s not that good” - LDR

That was something she said that I absolutely do not agree with.

I think if something receives universal acclaim, then it could definitely be considered good/great. It means that a lot of people with subjective tastes and different preferences seemingly agree on the quality of an album.

If something receives mostly mixed or very contrasting reviews, then I would consider the album in question “divisive”. This album, in terms of reception, reminds me a lot of Honeymoon. Back then you had people that loved the muddy trap songs but hated everything else and vice versa.

1 minute ago, George Parasol said:
  Hide contents

These are my favourites along with Let the Light In and Grandfather. Fingertips definitely at the top for me.

Spoiler

Always peep you liking my posts, I knew we had very similar taste! :true:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

Who was it that said chucks talking voice in taco truck sounded like Trisha Paytas bc I cannot get over that… 

I’m afraid to say that it was me :toofunny: it’s all I could hear I’m sorry Chuck

1 minute ago, neon palms sway said:

I’m afraid to say that it was me :toofunny: it’s all I could hear I’m sorry Chuck

Spoiler

Oh, is it Chuck the one that’s talking about her dream before the VB part comes in? 

4 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

That was something she said that I absolutely do not agree with.

I think if something receives universal acclaim, then it could definitely be considered good/great. It means that a lot of people with subjective tastes and different preferences seemingly agree on the quality of an album.

If something receives mostly mixed or very contrasting reviews, then I would consider the album in question “divisive”. This album, in terms of reception, reminds me a lot of Honeymoon. Back then you had people that loved the muddy trap songs but hated everything else and vice versa.

The only thing i agree with u about is that this album is a lot like Honeymoon in terms that at its initial release many people who don’t click with the songs immediately will be underwhelmed  because they might expect something grander but overtime they will realize the poetic and cinematic masterpiece that this is album is as they did with HM

10 minutes ago, imaginist said:
  Hide contents

Oh, is it Chuck the one that’s talking about her dream before the VB part comes in? 

This was news to me lol

Imagine if it was trisha paytas that would be kinda camp

Spoiler

After spending the whole day listening to the album, I can definitely say this record should have a song for everyone. For my personal preference, I think my top three songs would have to be ‘Kintsugi’, ‘Let The Light In’ and ‘Taco Truck x VB.’

Runner-ups are… the rest of the album :thumb2: i love it all tbh. HA! 

Some minor complaints is about Taco Truck x VB… bruhhh like why make the Taco Truck portion so short?! I love the hook and how “fresh out of fucks” behavior she’s giving. And the chorus to that! Jesus! Lana is INSANE For creating these melodies. I would love to hear an extended version of that portion. 

For ‘Let The Light In,’ I wish there was a bit better build-up to the chorus/second half. It seems we get right to the climax with all the instruments on the first chorus. and those synth flutes could have slowly faded away on the second verse, and that’s where the orchestral strings can come in and take its place to build this grand space/atmosphere with the guitars and drums. And as the song closes, that’s when those synth flutes can come back in to bring us back down to earth.

Spoiler

Taco Truck x VB is her best closing track without a doubt... :hair: 

50 minutes ago, Obduration said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ranking fuck it

1. Candy Necklace (its gonna be #1)

2. A&W

3. Fingertips

4. Ocean Blvd

5. Peppers

6. Paris, Texas

7. Taco Truck x VB

8. Let the Light In

9. The Grants

10. Fishtail

11. Margaret

12. Sweet

13. Grandfather

14. Kintsugi

15. John Batiste interlude

16. Judah Smith interlude

hard to rank the songs towards at the end of the ranking but im really confident in my top 7-10 for right now. Definitely my favorite LDR album so far!

49 minutes ago, living legend said:

you are the first person i’ve seen rank grandfather low 👀

i rank it pretty low too but have been trying to wait until after the album's been out a while to explain myself in the unpopular princess divisive opinions thread :yesnod: genuinely happy most people love it tho 

mUENGN9.png