Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

@Kintsugi why'd you have to bring that scrapped song up. now we got twinks removing songs for a track we don't even know the title of bc they're so sure they could have made the album better than Lana herself... :eek2: :thumb3:

also - Margaret supremacy!!!!

Spoiler

I have listened to the album a couple of times now and I still have to get into some of the songs but it definetely fulfilled my expectations. I'm already obsessed with Taco Truck x VB (and Paris Texas has to be the cutest melody ever) and I looooooove those interludes.

Now that we have the info about the last minute addition of CN I'm a bit afraid that we are getting a watered down version of what could have been the original idea. I trust her anyway. 

57 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

thank you besties, and what visuals do you think would go nicely for fishtail?? that song is such a mystery to me like i cant imagine what it even is 

Think Tove Lo’s “Sadder Badder Cooler”. :kiss2:

Music-wise, I mean…

The only two songs i can't really get into are Let The Light In and Fishtail

LTLI i can tell is great, but idk, it's the one i'm least likely to play for now, even though i wouldn't skip it while listening to the album from start to finish.

Fishtail - same reasoning tbh

The second Kintsugi mentioned the scrapped screamer, I immediately knew we would have to endure endless comments of people suggesting the screamer to replace their least favorite track :eek2:

Remember when Dealer almost was a Chemtrails track even though it wouldn’t make sense at all and stick out like a sore thumb in what is, like it or not, a very cohesive record? Trust the process and trust her vision, y’all don’t even know what the track (or Candy Necklace) sounds like.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, MrFameKills said:

Hide contents

The only two songs i can't really get into are Let The Light In and Fishtail

LTLI i can tell is great, but idk, it's the one i'm least likely to play for now, even though i wouldn't skip it while listening to the album from start to finish.

Fishtail - same reasoning tbh

Spoiler

Wow I love Fishtail. The production is so on point and reminds me of old-school Lana.

37 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

my favourite lyrics so far 🧘‍♀️

Reveal hidden contents

i feel it! i feel it heavy! hahahahahhahaha whoa yep whoa whoa! baby im a star! i feel it in my soul! early in the mornin! early in the morninnnn

the symmetry of: it wasn't my idea, the cocktail of things that twist neurons inside / sit by the lake twisting lime into the drinks that they made

IT'S LIKE CAMARILLO ONLY SILVER MIRRORS RUNNIN DOWN THE CORRIDOR

lennon in the back, whispering in my ear, "come on, baby, u can thrive" but i can't!

i say i live in rosemead, really i'm at the ramada 

you think about who will be with you, and then there's donoghue :wowcry:

daddy i miss them, i'm at the roadrunner cafe, i'm probably running away (genius)

paris texas' bridge, rly fucked up! 🧘‍♀️

when everyone's star is bright, brighter than you are - it's time to go

and you're the only one left, dancing while they're on the floor. time to go

and:

when you're home, you're home, you're home when you're alone

when you're right, you're right, even when you're wrong

although it seems i've gotten better, i can be violent too 🧘‍♀️

and all of peppers

ooh love this <333 i'm gonna steal this idea if u dont mind 

Spoiler

all of Fingertips but the ending is so perfect to me:

"i give myself two seconds to breathe & go back to being a serene queen, I just needed two seconds to be me" 

also all of Kintsugi really, especially:

whenever she sings "that's how the light gets/shines in"

&"they sang folk songs from the 40s, even the 14 year old knew Froggy Came A-Courtin'

how do my blood relatives know all of these songs? I don't know anyone left who knows songs that I sing"

there is just something so warm in these lines<33333

"I'm doin the hard stuff, doin my time, I'm doin it for us, for our family line"

"in the woods somewhere with a knife in my heart in the valley in the sweet north country"

"i know they think it took somebody else to make me beautiful, beautiful as they intended me to be but they're wrong"

"put the beatles on, light the candles, go back to bed/ cause i wanna wanna wanna want you/ i need to need to need to need you"

& "look at us, you & me, back at it again"

!!!!!:flutter: this song makes me think of my bf so much lolol :flutter:!!!!!!

"I can't help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul, handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls"

"Lennon in the back whispering in my ear, 'come on baby you can thrive', but I can't"

"when you know you know" #real

"imagine if we actually gave a fuck, wouldn't that be something to talk about for us" SO :makeup::makeup::makeup:

Just now, God&Monster said:

Hide contents

Wow I love Fishtail. The production is so on point and reminds me of old-school Lana.

It just pales in comparison to the others for me rn, but i'll give it a chance, esp once it's officially out 

Oh and also: NFR, HM and Ocean are my ultimate trinity. If HM is a prowess in music production and NFR is a prowess in lyricism, Ocean combines the best of the two and represents Lana entering a new cycle of her career. No point anymore in comparing her to Fiona Apple, Kate Bush, Carole King, Joni Mitchell or Steve Nicks: she’s forging a path of her own. What a beast of an artist.

IMG-7960.jpg

My personal track-listing if I’d have had the choice, subject to change w/ CN:

Spoiler

1. The Grants

2. DYKTTATUOB

3. Sweet

4. A&W

5. Peppers

6. Judah Smith Interlude

7. Candy Necklace

8. Jon Batiste Interlude

9. Fishtail

11. Fingertips

11. Kintsugi

12. Paris, Texas

13. Grandfather

14. Let the Light In

15. Margaret

16. Taco Truck (I go back and forth on this)

Love this record, but the tracklisting order is, for me, the weakest aspect.

I do wonder if she should experiment more with shortening records a la COCC. She has the amount of material for them to save and collage into future records.

just woke up and someone please tell me what is all this "candy necklace drama" about? did it l-worded?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

just woke up and someone please tell me what is all this "candy necklace drama" about? did it l-worded?

Spoiler

There was another song in its place at one point but it was scrapped and replaced with CN.

It's apparently wild and she screams and some lyrics are intelligible :hide:so more similar to the interludes.

Kintsugi also said he's glad about it cause he prefers CN over that other track 

giphy.gif