Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, shadesofearthquakes said:
  Hide contents

Tbh LTLI’s sound reminds me of the second half of Lust for Life

LTLI reminds me of FJM and his stuff under J. Tillman more than anything shes released

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

LTLI reminds me of FJM and his stuff under J. Tillman more than anything shes released

is he a producer on that song aurrrr

2 minutes ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

Don’t do my girl Bartender dirty like this :toofunny:

Spoiler

imo it is her witchiest song in fits not only the instrumental but also the sermon 

and also for giving me Margaret

The fact that some of you guys are pulling parallels between some tracks and Pink Floyd really excites me!

I made a Facebook post the day Ocean Blvd was released saying I could totally hear the potential for a progressive rock sound, and his the backing singers were very reminiscent of some of Roger Waters work and even the exhale at the beginning of the track reminded me of the exhale at the beginning of “mother” on the wall..

So, if John batiste interlude is supposedly sonically similar to great gig in the sky, then I’m very excited.. and that just an interlude :flutter:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 minute ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

The fact that some of you guys are pulling parallels between some tracks and Pink Floyd really excites me!

I made a Facebook post the day Ocean Blvd was released saying I could totally hear the potential for a progressive rock sound, and his the backing singers were very reminiscent of some of Roger Waters work and even the exhale at the beginning of the track reminded me of the exhale at the beginning of “mother” on the wall..

So, if John batiste interlude is supposedly sonically similar to great gig in the sky, then I’m very excited.. and that just an interlude :flutter:

there was a snippet that was posted under LTLI but i never heard that part so was it CN? idk what snippet lana posted on her ig a while ago maybe it was that same snippet

13 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:
  Hide contents

the pre-chorus in taco truck is my fav part of the whole album, before the beat drop

i love the og VB but i wish TT was a whole song by itself, im not too fond of VB having a trappy beat

Spoiler

Yeah same! I’m disappointed it’s not a whole song and a rehash of VB. No idea what she was thinking. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

10 minutes ago, marryingkind said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can I be honest? I really wish it was. But I think it wasn’t :(

we hear lana agreeing with him and we know how she easily falls into cult-like situations.

Her relationship with faith is really complicated and I think that we should make peace with the idea that Lana really believes in this pseudo christian messiah

Spoiler

I think it's complicated, she is agreeing during the sermon so I don't think she's mocking him, but she also chose to take the sermon and turn it into something unsettling and borderline frightening. Instead of choosing production to lift up his words, she decided to create an atmosphere of unease around it which is very interesting. She also cuts him off right as he says it's all about him, and then continues on with her chaotic journey. The Jon Baptiste Interlude comes so soon after, and even though the production is also intense there, there's something a lot more euphoric about the track. To me it's like she's taking the messages she wants from Judah, but also recognizing the problematic nature of the delivery in a way, and then thriving so much more when she's surrounded by the energy of music and creating art.

Spoiler

keep on hitting myself with the LTLI–Margaret–Fishtail–Peppers run to feel something
it's just too good

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

there was a snippet that was posted under LTLI but i never heard that part so was it CN? idk what snippet lana posted on her ig a while ago maybe it was that same snippet

I have no idea what you’re talking about :bebe:

I’ve not heard any snippets- other than the CN one Lana uploaded herself ages ago, but I definitely didn’t hear any prog rock sound in that haha 

S0F1O.gif

Spoiler

This album is honestly so beautiful! I really think the different styles to the songs really work, and her repeating some motifs throughout really helps tie it all together. Also Kintsugi, Let the Light in and surprisingly Margaret are really becoming highlights of the album. Especially when her vocals go higher in Kintsugi (pure eargasm). 

My current ranking (But probably going to change and potential for Candy Necklace to disrupt):

1. Ocean Blvd (this song is currently still at the top, the final part where the instruments all come together with the backing vocals just transports me to another place): Just think this is such a heartbreaking but crucial song to her entire discography: love the metaphor but also the way she opens her feeling up with this song: also the melody is sublime

2. Let the Light In (Instant classic, immediately fell in love and seems like its a forgotten hit from the seventies that played in a movie like Love Story (movie not song)

3. Grandfather ... (when she sings the chorus her voice is so clear and I love the production: this was a wow moment for me and I regret listening to it for the first time with that cursed  Rosemead tag) 

4. Margaret (Besides Jack's questionable vocals, this one really surprised me, it's so catchy and I love the part after the chorus when her vocals go higher, also pure soundtrack vibes, maybe Taylor should ask Lana to write the main song for her upcoming movie (would seem more artistic on Swift's part to have someone else compose the soundtrack) 

5. Kintsugi (I do think a fuller accompaniment would have moved this one higher up, but overall the melody is SOO good, and again when she sings in her higher register: chef's kiss

6. Fingertips (this one made me cry on first listen: especially the vulnerability here with both vocals and lyrics combined: give my self two seconds to cry: let's just say I was gone 

7. The Grants (This one was also an immediate favourite: This just has a classic feeling to it, and the melody is also really catchy: I think this one could move closer to the top of my rankings but with the recent leaks I have kind of neglected listening to this one as much, but definitely an instant fave) (favourite part: when the production builds up as she sings: for my family line) 

8. Paris, Texas:  I love the imagery of her with her suitcase: I think in time this one will also be my faves (although at this point I am saying this about almost every track so as you can see this album is kind of perfection) 

9. A&W: I think this track is also an instant highlight and really helps in transitioning  the album into the more hectic, haunting section of this album: also her lyrics with their honesty are some of her best: melodically not necessarily my favourite but still a great song) 

10. Jon Batiste Interlude: While not  playing on repeat: I think this really has great elements to it, and I love Jon Batiste's kind of eerie vocals: hope this indicates the smashery Candy Necklace might turn out to be 

11. Taco Truck: Really in love with the first part, and was a bit disappointed she didnt repeat the chorus, but the VB part is growing on me and overall I think this is the best way to close the album: so definitely an essential part of the record. 

12. Fishtail: After the snippet, I thought this was going to be my absolute favourite, and while I do still really like the song, the second half while experimental in a cool way, for some  reason has that one part where the autotune is off-key (clearly intentional) but it just kind of bugs me I don't know why: But still a great song but just not at the level of the others 

13. Interludes: 

14. Peppers (A bop and while the mixing is a bit off at parts: still enjoyable but just not a fave  

15. Pastor Interlude: I think it does work in  a way by connecting to themes in  A&W but overall I'm not really going to listen to this ever again unless I couldn't access the skip button: also why does he scream so loudly like a more relaxed way of speaking would in  my opinion maybe get whatever the message was across in a more effective way

Waiting for Candy Necklace, but as a whole I think this album may end up top 3 for me after Ultraviolence and NRF 

Album Ranking for anyone who is interested (also I am really praying for visuals for this era so hopefully that has something to do with her recently following the mv director who worked with her on past projects like LFL and the greatest

Just now, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about :bebe:

I’ve not heard any snippets- other than the CN one Lana uploaded herself ages ago, but I definitely didn’t hear any prog rock sound in that haha 

it was her and another guy it im most def sure it was posted under LTLI but i guess AI music is a thing now so its possible it was something fake

4 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

it was her and another guy it im most def sure it was posted under LTLI but i guess AI music is a thing now so its possible it was something fake

But I’m just talking about people comparing the interlude to pink Floyd, I’m not talking about any specific snippet? I’m confused haha. The song I was making direct comparisons to was the title track?

S0F1O.gif

Spoiler

Taco Truck sounds like a song you listen to as a vacation comes to a close, having some drinks at the beach at sunset, I love it so much :illumilana2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

I caved and am listening to ONLY the untagged version of "Grandfather..." since I had listened to the butchered version before :ahh:

It's so fucking good. To me it's "Mariners..." level artistry :true:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹