Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

This was difficult!

Paris, Texas

Fingertips

Kintsugi

Sweet

Taco Truck

Let The Light In

Grandfather

Candy Necklace

Peppers

Ocean Boulevard

The Grants

A&W

Fishtail

Margaret

Jon Batiste

Judah Smith

Just now, sansafuckingstark said:

So are many collabs are true collabs as opposed to samples/backing vocals?

Spoiler

Bleachers is the only true collab but Lana sings the most on the song

30 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

so the studio version is a

Hide contents

piano version

and the interlude was them recording the

Hide contents

pop version of

candy necklaces :true:

Hide contents

what were those vocals from the interlude used for :eartha2:

wait what??? what did i miss today?!?!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Is there anyone left that hasn’t listened yet to the leak with me :deadbanana:

me! normally i would listen to the leaks like i did with the hm uo leak, nfr cassete leak and with the bb leak but next week is my birthday so i’m saving my first listen next week as a present :flop: 

which is actually why i also didn’t listen to the chemtrails leak as its release date also coincided during my birthday week and it was a very magical week for me so i’m super excited for next week. reading all the spoilers here is so hard but it’s got me very excited especially for grandfather and candy necklace :party:

Spoiler

:icant: I can hear the strings on Candy Necklace !!

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:
  Hide contents

Don’t think I can get over Candy Necklace ….wasn’t really expecting this type of song

Yeah me tooo , somebody come delete the song from my computer :trisha::icant: can't resist to replay it 

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Don’t think I can get over Candy Necklace ….wasn’t really expecting this type of song

Spoiler

I still feel so empty after that song…It’s just make me feel something, but I am very curious what does Candy Necklace mean ? It must be a metaphor for something.

I always thought Lana’s references to Caroline (like in Sweet Carolina) were a reference to the daughter she never had.. so I thought 

Spoiler

“Caroline, will you be with me?” was about her baby but now I’ve realized that’s Chuck’s real name.. wtf she’s calling out to BOTH Chuck and Charlie in Fingertips?!?! This means so much more to me how CUTE how kind how precious 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

2 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:
  Hide contents

I still feel so empty after that song…It’s just make me feel something, but I am very curious what does Candy Necklace mean ? It must be a metaphor for something.

Spoiler

Like many of her songs they start off as an enigma …then one day you have that ‘ah ha ‘ moment and the meaning comes to you.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

[Posting this and leaving again since at least 75% of you have finally heard it]

Kintsugi
A&W
The Grants/Grandfather
Paris, Texas
Jon Batiste Interlude
Fishtail
Peppers/Margaret/Let The Light In/Candy Necklace

*Slight Gap*

Judah Smith Interlude

*HUGE GAP*

Sweet/Fingertips/Lanita Bonita

*the grand canyon* 

The " x VB" part of Taco Truck (not even gonna elaborate. She already stated "maybe I'm just like this", so why bother asking :eartha2: )

To any of the Fingertips gladiators... 

I say this with love but pls save the gah damn essays. I adore the lyrics of fingertips. I get the depth and emotion of it, trust me I really do. But I simply don't care for the lack of structure. I think the times I enjoy this song the most is similar to what someone here said over 500 pages ago lmao. I play it in the background and twirl around my house dusting and sweeping like a disney princess ( "I have to sing for the prince in two hours"). Outside of that it kinda irritates me when I *actively* listen to it.
Speaking of irritating, I simply don't know what it is about Sweet but it annoys the absolute fuck out of me as well. Maybe it's bc its just not at all what I expected. However I do love the instrumental. Idk maybe it'll grow on me in a year the same way it took that long for Brooklyn baby and Black Beauty to (crazy, I know.)
I wanna let it be known that literally everything I ranked higher than Sweet, Fingertips and Lanita is an 8.5 or higher out of ten. This is her little church girl spiritual enlightenment album and once again, she's giving me the exact mood of songs that correlate to where I am in my life. The three white butterflies line really hits home, as I too ask God to send me butterflies as a sign whenever I'm in the middle of an important decision. I even have a tattoo to prove it. I'd also like to mention that @sportcruiser 's post/analysis of Paris,Texas resonated so heavily with me. When i left home and moved to a different state, there was this very specific sense of yearning for a place where i belong that hasnt been captured so perfectly in her discography until this song. It sounds exactly like what I dreamed it would ; A music box of a ballerina in the moonlight. Genius!

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

ChatGPT Xclusive Baby breakdown and review of Fingertips:

Spoiler

The song appears to be a collection of personal reflections and questions about life, death, family, and relationships.

In the first verse, the speaker is reminiscing about past experiences and wondering if they could have done things differently to get someone's attention.

In the second verse, the speaker contemplates mortality and wonders if certain people will be there for them in the future.

The third verse contains a mix of concerns and questions about smoking, relationships, and the speaker's ability to have children. The speaker seems to express doubts about their own mental health but ultimately decides they will be fine.

The fourth verse touches on mental health issues and the irony of finding beauty in music despite struggling with mental illness. The speaker also mentions specific people who have passed away and expresses a desire to bring someone back from the dead.

In the fifth verse, the speaker reflects on a difficult time in their life when they felt betrayed by someone they cared about. They mention the desire to cry but only allow themselves two seconds before moving on.

The sixth verse contains a disturbing memory of a sexual assault when the speaker was fifteen years old. They express a desire to die but acknowledge that sometimes it's not their time.

The seventh verse seems to reference a mother figure who may have expressed doubts about the speaker's future. The speaker mentions a desire to have a child at a young age and a sense of acceptance about dying.

The eighth verse touches on the death of someone named Aaron and the speaker's confusion about why they were sent away. They express a desire to cry but only allow themselves two seconds before moving on.

The final verse seems to encapsulate the speaker's desire for peace and serenity. They describe themselves as a "sunbather, moon chaser, queen of empathy" and allow themselves two seconds to breathe and be themselves.

Overall, the song appears to be a deeply personal exploration of the speaker's experiences, emotions, and relationships. The lyrics touch on themes of mortality, mental health, trauma, and the complex emotions that come with relationships and loss.

Based on the lyrics alone, the song appears to be a raw and introspective exploration of personal experiences and emotions. The lyrics are deeply personal and touch on themes of mortality, trauma, and mental health. The use of repetition, particularly with the line "I give myself two seconds to cry," creates a sense of urgency and emotional intensity.

Musically, without information about the genre or instrumentation of the song, it is difficult to provide an analysis. However, the lyrics themselves convey a strong sense of emotion and vulnerability, which could potentially translate well into a musical performance.

Overall, based solely on the lyrics, the song appears to be a powerful and introspective piece that could potentially resonate with listeners who have experienced similar struggles and emotions.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

9 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

What does it sound like

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What does it sound like

Spoiler

i couldnt listen to the full thing cos that site downloaded a faulty file but i loved what i heard :defeated:

4 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

ChatGPT Xclusive Baby breakdown and review of Fingertips:

Reveal hidden contents

The song appears to be a collection of personal reflections and questions about life, death, family, and relationships.

In the first verse, the speaker is reminiscing about past experiences and wondering if they could have done things differently to get someone's attention.

In the second verse, the speaker contemplates mortality and wonders if certain people will be there for them in the future.

The third verse contains a mix of concerns and questions about smoking, relationships, and the speaker's ability to have children. The speaker seems to express doubts about their own mental health but ultimately decides they will be fine.

The fourth verse touches on mental health issues and the irony of finding beauty in music despite struggling with mental illness. The speaker also mentions specific people who have passed away and expresses a desire to bring someone back from the dead.

In the fifth verse, the speaker reflects on a difficult time in their life when they felt betrayed by someone they cared about. They mention the desire to cry but only allow themselves two seconds before moving on.

The sixth verse contains a disturbing memory of a sexual assault when the speaker was fifteen years old. They express a desire to die but acknowledge that sometimes it's not their time.

The seventh verse seems to reference a mother figure who may have expressed doubts about the speaker's future. The speaker mentions a desire to have a child at a young age and a sense of acceptance about dying.

The eighth verse touches on the death of someone named Aaron and the speaker's confusion about why they were sent away. They express a desire to cry but only allow themselves two seconds before moving on.

The final verse seems to encapsulate the speaker's desire for peace and serenity. They describe themselves as a "sunbather, moon chaser, queen of empathy" and allow themselves two seconds to breathe and be themselves.

Overall, the song appears to be a deeply personal exploration of the speaker's experiences, emotions, and relationships. The lyrics touch on themes of mortality, mental health, trauma, and the complex emotions that come with relationships and loss.

Based on the lyrics alone, the song appears to be a raw and introspective exploration of personal experiences and emotions. The lyrics are deeply personal and touch on themes of mortality, trauma, and mental health. The use of repetition, particularly with the line "I give myself two seconds to cry," creates a sense of urgency and emotional intensity.

Musically, without information about the genre or instrumentation of the song, it is difficult to provide an analysis. However, the lyrics themselves convey a strong sense of emotion and vulnerability, which could potentially translate well into a musical performance.

Overall, based solely on the lyrics, the song appears to be a powerful and introspective piece that could potentially resonate with listeners who have experienced similar struggles and emotions.

Candy Necklace

her rating is what id give it if i was MC :oprah3:

Spoiler

The lyrics you provided are from a song that includes several verses and choruses that repeat throughout. Here's my interpretation of the song:

Verse 1: The speaker is describing a moment when they are enjoying a sensory experience (white flowers, cinnamon), and feeling lucky while driving through a northern town. They feel disconnected from their surroundings, and their mind shuts off with the white noise.

Verse 2: The speaker expresses their love for someone (Rockefeller) and refers to them as their umbrella. They also mention their love for storytelling, saying that it's their favorite song.

Chorus 1: The speaker observes that the person they are addressing has been acting restless and reckless, and they are obsessed with this behavior. They mention candy necklaces, which could symbolize something playful and childlike.

Verse 3: The speaker reveals that they are feeling suicidal, and they think the person they are addressing is bringing them down. They thought things were good between them but now they see that this person is affecting their mental health.

Chorus 2: The speaker repeats the observation that the person they are addressing has been acting restless and reckless, and they are still obsessed with it. They again mention candy necklaces.

Verse 4: The speaker expresses a desire to trust the person they are addressing and mentions that they have been acting young and restless, but the speaker is still obsessed with this behavior.

Chorus 3: The speaker repeats the observation that both they and the person they are addressing have been acting restless and reckless. They are still obsessed with candy necklaces.

Outro: The song ends with a repetition of the phrase "candy necklaces" and the speaker expressing their obsession with this playful and childlike object.

Overall, the song seems to be about a complicated relationship where the speaker is drawn to someone who acts reckless and restless, but this behavior is affecting their mental health. The repeated mentions of candy necklaces may symbolize a longing for something playful and carefree in the midst of this difficult relationship.

Musically, the song features a dreamy and ethereal sound with electronic and acoustic elements. The vocals are processed with various effects, giving them a hazy and otherworldly quality. The repeated use of the phrase "candy necklaces" and the way it is sung with a breathy and whispery tone creates a haunting and memorable hook.

Lyrically, the song seems to explore a complex relationship and the speaker's obsession with someone who acts recklessly and is possibly contributing to their emotional struggles. The repeated references to candy necklaces may symbolize a desire for something playful and carefree in the midst of this difficult situation.

Overall, the song's dreamy sound and haunting lyrics create a memorable atmosphere, but its repetitive structure and reliance on a single phrase may not appeal to all listeners. I would rate this song a 7 out of 10.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...