Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

58 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

a track to go with each zodiac sign (based on nothing but my own perceptions , research n experiences w certain signs.. so sorry for that):yesnod:

whats your big 3? :kiss3: I'm a Candy Necklace sun+moon & Sweet rising

Reveal hidden contents

The Grants: Cancer, "I'm doin' the hard stuff, doin' my time, I'm doin' it for us- for our family line"

Ocean Blvd: Virgo, "in a world preserved, only a few have found the door, it's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors runnin' down the corridor"

Sweet: Libra, "if you want someone then just call me up & remember where I'll be, sweet in barefeet"

A&W: Aries, "do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?"

Candy Necklace: Scorpio, "& I'm obsessed with this, all his candy necklaces" 

Paris, Texas: Gemini, "when you know, you know- it's time, it's time to go"

Grandfather: Capricorn, "I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful as they intended me to be but they're wrong"

Let The Light In: Taurus, "I love to love to love to love you, I hate to hate to hate to hate you"

Margaret: Pisces, "like Hollywood & me, that diamond on your ring, the soul that you bring to the table"

Fishtail: Aquarius, "palm trees in black n white, I see in technicolor- maybe if I take my glasses off I'll stop painting red flags green"

Peppers: Sagittarius, "take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind, I'm in love"

Taco Truck: Leo, "imagine if we actually gave a fuck, wouldn't that be somethin' to talk about for us"

& yes I left out Kintsugi n Fingertips (as well as the interludes for obvious reasons) despite them being two of my very faves on the album cause 1) there are only 12 zodiac signs anyway  but also 2) there is just so much going on in those two songs n honestly they are ultra personal to Lana yet also SO UNIVERSAL so i could never figure it out,,, not saying other songs aren't also but you know what...im not explaining myself further.. #ifyouknowyouknow:thumb:

Peppers sun, The Grants moon and Paris, Texas rising here :yesnod:

7 minutes ago, Cake Bush said:

1. Candy Necklace (TBD)

2. Let the light in

3. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard

5. Sweet

6. Taco Truck x VB

7. Fingertips

8. Fishtail

9. A&W

10. The Grants

11. Peppers

12. Kintsugi

13. The Grants

14. Margaret

15. Jon Batiste Interlude

16. Judah Smith Interlude

(ranking subject to change)

No Paris, TX? 

12 minutes ago, CVNTDELREY said:

I think this album sounds how l4l supposed to sound like :oprah3:

Agreed, Lana was at a really interesting point in her career for LFL though, that attributed to it being less complete feeling wise. We all grow and change which she obv has but I feel like there was more pressure and eyes on her in regards to pushing for success/mainstream presence. Now she has solidified herself and proven she is a mainstay regardless of traditional success so she is more free and evolved. This has allowed her to really capture what LFL could have been.

I find her comment about this album being so easy to make super interesting too. Like let's all take that in for a moment. This is something she regarded as easy and just going with the flow and yet she has made one of the best albums of her career 10+ years in the game. Innate talent, intuition, vision, and success. Love to see it!

23 minutes ago, DLT said:

Send help...

Hide contents

I can't stop playing Let The Light In, just fuck...it hits so hard. Love it so much.

8 minutes ago, rosemeadexclusivebbnewyorkcity said:

last night I was up until 3 am listening to the album and today I woke up and I immediately started listening again help me I think I'm falling in love too fast :xcry:

fans are in trouble

Spoiler

Baby if your fans are in trouble ... :whine:

7 minutes ago, Cake Bush said:

1. Candy Necklace (TBD)

2. Let the light in

3. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard

5. Sweet

6. Taco Truck x VB

7. Fingertips

8. Fishtail

9. A&W

10. The Grants

11. Peppers

12. Kintsugi

13. The Grants

14. Margaret

15. Jon Batiste Interlude

16. Judah Smith Interlude

(ranking subject to change)

You put The Grants twice babz :omfg2:

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

@LetTheLightln BESTIE noone replied to me & you're the LB resident nr1 LTLI & Beatles stan so I need your thoughts :thumb:

Spoiler

oof i definitely hear it too :defeated: the whole song is very beatlesque, esp the guitars, i just thought they remind me a bit of the guitar in here comes the sun? i also thought that ltli is like a continuation of tomorrow never came, or rather a story of something that happened before it. they sound very alike too. i'm surprised insiders didn't compare them

Just now, DCooper said:
  Hide contents

I love how Judah Smith warns against lust and tells us to choose love, but by the end of the album Lana has very confidently embraced BOTH :sluttybunny:

She contains multitudes.

Relatable queen lol.

4 minutes ago, DLT said:

Agreed, Lana was at a really interesting point in her career for LFL though that attributed to it being less complete feeling wise. We all grow and change which she obv has but I feel like there was more pressure and eyes on her in regards to pushing for success/mainstream presence. Now she has solidified herself and proven she is a mainstay regardless of traditional success so she is more free and evolved. This has allowed her to really capture what LFL could have been.

I find her comment about this album being so easy to make super interesting too. Like let's all take that in for a moment. This is something she regarded as easy and just going with the flow and yet she has made one of the best albums of her career 10+ years in the game. Innate talent, intuition, vision, and success. Love to see it!

She probably followed her own counsel 100% this time, no compromises, not even slightly. I think she knew that many fans and Stans were somewhat tired of 'basic song' that she released a lot of in the last several years, as I mentioned earlier. 

Just now, LetTheLightln said:
  Hide contents

oof i definitely hear it too :defeated: the whole song is very beatlesque, esp the guitars, i just thought they remind me a bit of the guitar in here comes the sun? i also thought that ltli is like a continuation of tomorrow never came, or rather a story of something that happened before it. they sound very alike too. i'm surprised insiders didn't compare them

Spoiler

thats a great comparison too, i can hear that! I LOVE THIS FOR THE TRACK:trisha: im convinced it was an intentional creative choice esp w the Beatles name drop it makes sense,,, & i mean if not... its a damn good coincidence. & yeah insiders rly didnt say much about this track generally did they? i think i remember it being compared to religion thematically n thats about it.

TNC, LTLI , one more beatles-esque gem bound to be incoming on LDR10 to complete a holy trinity!!!!!:oprah4::sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny:

Just now, ivory almond said:

I need the instrumentals to Let The Light In RIGHT MF NOW

Drew really went off lol! It's so easy to get lost in. I love it. Simple to some but beautifully hypnotizing.

So, how many of you think this could be her best record or magnum opus?

Or maybe just as good as UV/NFR/HM?

I still haven't heard the album, and to this day I think Honeymoon and Ultraviolence are her masterpieces, with NFR close to them.

I also love BTD, BB and COCC, while i never fully liked L4L (only the last 4-5 tracks).

Spoiler

The VB track has grown on me. For some reason it sounds totally acceptable to me with my beats headphones, but on my JBL speaker I really feel the “shitty garage band vibe” idk. On my headphones tho it’s honestly heavenly and makes perfect sense lol