Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Based on the reviews, it looks like the score will hover between Chemtrails and NFR. I could see it getting around a 78-82 on AOTY just basing it off of these 5 reviews in comparison to her last 3 albums and their reviews.

If it gets a lower Metacritic score than COCC I’m gonna lose it :facepalm: I like it but come on it’s nowhere near Ocean Blvd’s greatness

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Let’s not forget UV and Honeymoon also aren’t as praised as they deserve to be. Ocean Blvd is gonna be a gem for the girls who get it 

2 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

If it gets a lower Metacritic score than COCC I’m gonna lose it :facepalm: I like it but come on it’s nowhere near Ocean Blvd’s greatness

Spoiler

I can see why tho. COCC is such a clear, and consistent body of work. Ocean Boulevard is like taking everything that worked from COTCC to the next level… but contextually it can seem a little all over the place. Especially in one song alone. There’s so much to unpack maybe it seems a bit off putting to the GP

honestly the less glowing reviews kind of reflect my initial reaction after one listen. a lot of songs, especially the back half, took me a couple of listens. i wonder how many times reviewers listen before writing the reviews??

anyways, OB 95/100 for me! 

Just now, Telomeres said:

honestly the less glowing reviews kind of reflect my initial reaction after one listen. a lot of songs, especially the back half, took me a couple of listens. i wonder how many times reviewers listen before writing the reviews??

It looks like they only listened once and called it a day

I never get that cohesiveness thing. Sometimes it’s better when an album is messy and all over the place than staying cohesive because it can get boring imo 

I think doing a tv performance and having at least one music video wouldve bumped up this entire era so much for critics and fans. It still feels kind of incomplete. But I mean hey the records not out yet, there’s still time for something cool to happen. 

i got the interview magazine today and it's beautiful :nails:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, Telomeres said:

This is a good point, I feel like reviewers should be required to have at least 3 undistracted listens before they're qualified to review :oprah3:

The critical reception feels a little underwhelming given how acclaimed the three singles are. The record isn't nearly as agreeable as NFR, so I didn't expect it to top the latter's reviews. Anyway, this *is* getting very good reviews in general - at least by the trades and magazines that actually matter (MOJO, Rolling Stone UK, The Guardian, NME) -, but it'll be absolutely ridiculous if the album ends up with a Metascore similar to COCC or BB's.

At least The Guardian gave Lana a good score for the first time in years.