Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

At times, it’s like stumbling on a playlist of the best classical arrangements of centuries past, save for Lana’s charismatic voice, which purrs and trills in and out of time with the piano on ‘Candy Necklace’, as if enraptured.

https://www.attitude.co.uk/culture/music/lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review-428719/

candy necklace soty

5 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

They are unmastered based on their lengths but I don't know if the final version will sound noticeable different. We will see on Friday.

lowkey hope they are, cause

Spoiler

the sample in Peppers gets so quiet as the song progresses & fishtail is clipping, hope thats fixed for the release

image.png

6 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

At times, it’s like stumbling on a playlist of the best classical arrangements of centuries past, save for Lana’s charismatic voice, which purrs and trills in and out of time with the piano on ‘Candy Necklace’, as if enraptured.

https://www.attitude.co.uk/culture/music/lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review-428719/

Beautifully written review. 

7 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

“Lana, like Madonna, has become an icon to generations of queer kids. To quote them, she is mother.“

:kris:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Spoiler

When I first heard Peppers, I thought Tommy was saying "you can borrow my hair" and I was like... why are they exchanging wigs :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

All of the singles were among the best tracks in Fantano's weekly roundups so maybe he'll give Ocean Blvd a positive review.

Come on Anthony be a good boy 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

I think I figured the lyrics out :bebe:

Hide contents

Words on my friends

With their red fires, their white ice, their black eyes, and their blue lies

If you're asking yourself, “how do you know?”

Then that's your answer, the answer is no

Run around, run around like your head is on fire, run away like your head is on fire

I still hear

Spoiler

Red flags (I hear the L sound), their black dice (I feel like he’s definitely saying black here, not certain about dice though lol), their black eyes, their blue eyes (I don’t hear the L sound so I think it’s eyes)

I also hear 

better run, better run run run run like your head’s on fire

I’m hoping that once the album comes out it will be easier to figure out!! This song and Jon Batiste I want to figure out so bad! Lol

2 minutes ago, neon palms sway said:

I still hear

Hide contents

Red flags (I hear the L sound), their black dice (I feel like he’s definitely saying black here, not certain about dice though lol), their black eyes, their blue eyes (I don’t hear the L sound so I think it’s eyes)

I also hear 

better run, better run run run run like your head’s on fire

I’m hoping that once the album comes out it will be easier to figure out!! This song and Jon Batiste I want to figure out so bad! Lol

Spoiler

This is so weird because I definitely hear white as the second color :hide:

i still can't fully comprehend that we are so close to the album release, we have basically made it :trisha: this has been such an eventful, messy and at times insufferable (:toofunny:) pre-release but honestly i'm so glad to have experienced all that with all of you here, it has been so fun!! <3 can't wait to speculate and be delusional in the ldr10 pre-release thread a day after this album is officially released :creepna3:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif