Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Reveal hidden contents

What exactly is so heartbreaking about it? She's essentially talking about the same stuff she mentioned in Wildflower Wildfire, minus the melody that usually elevates the emotional quality of the song.

I personally cannot connect to it on an emotional level because I need lyrics and melodies in combination for that to happen. I find it difficult to connect to written art/poetry as well. It’s the melody that does it for me.

Calling Fingertips the emotional climax or THE essential song is almost like calling Burnt Norton the centerpiece of Honeymoon.

:sadcore4:

Spoiler

Wildflower Wildfire just touches the surface of what she dives deep into on Fingertips. She's singing about the death of loved ones, including a young man who was possibly her first love, being told that she's not mentally fit to have children, being sent away by a mother who essentially gave up on her, her own suicidal ideation and near-death experience, the medication she has to take to stay alive, among other things. She explores all this while building to recent years where she's lifted up like a goddess, singing for the prince, and yet totally exhausted from carrying the weight of these tragedies all the years, hardly having time to cry or simply be. If you don't find that heartbreaking, not sure what to tell you. I personally find the melody gorgeous but to each their own!

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Candy Necklace

Hide contents

takes the cake as the album’s darkest song. Fingertips and Kintsugi are heartbreaking but this one? Dark, alienating, heavy. I can almost picture her in some basement with this guy, red neon lights across the room, both doing ketamine and Lana realizing her obsession with this guy is letting him destroy her psyche while he’s almost passed out next to her. The fact that this is the song that plays after the Jimmy section of A&W (with an even creepier and disturbing interlude in between) makes this song so much more intriguing and alluring. Who would have thought Lana x Jon Batiste would be such a provocative combination. This feels like UV all over again.

Spoiler

I remember seeing a blind basically saying that Jack was kind of influencing Lana to do drugs again and I don’t want to assume something like that but mixed with the lyrics of this song and her mentioning getting drunk in let the light in its 😬

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I haven’t even heard Candy Necklace and I know that I want her to work with JB more. He’s a class act and she could use more people

like him in her albums. Plus I’m sure they made a lot more songs together 

edit: just listened to the new snippet on insta just after I listened to Pawn Shop Blues. Damn, this is straight from AKA….

1 minute ago, lanadelreysfridge said:

I'm sure this has probably already been answered but does Jon have any vocals on CN

Spoiler

very little at the end 

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I haven’t even heard Candy Necklace and I know that I want her to work with JB more. He’s a class act and she could use more people

like him in her albums. Plus I’m sure they made a lot more songs together 

edit: just listened to the new snippet on insta just after I listened to Pawn Shop Blues. Damn, this is straight from AKA….

Since it was recorded at the very end of the album cycle, could be realistic that they’ll do more and he’ll be on the next one!

31 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

It was the last song put on the album so it was probably written during their relationship, also he is known to have drug abuse problems and be in the party scene

I just read the hannah ewens extended interview and your comments reminded me of this part

I’m very shy so it’s nice for me to have close friendships sometimes with men in particular where they’re not afraid to teeter on that other side so that I can experience what that shadow side looks like through other people because I don’t want to get hurt. And I think I’ve learned a lot from that but the hard part is that you have to let that go, because if they’re going to stay on that path as people naturally do, then it’s a little bit sad to let that go. But as they say, it’s the message not the messenger.”

(sorry for another needlessly long post) :hottie:

i’ve been doing an LDR discography binge today while cleaning my room. (starting with AKA and making my way through the rest). i’m currently in the middle of Terrence, and it reminded me of the first time I heard it. it was my first full era as a fully fledged Lana fan, (i wasnt quite as obsessive back then as i am now, but i definitely was there for all of the single releases, starting with that album). i remember listening to TLY on Youtube on the couch at my grandma’s house up in the mountains and just being enamored with the beauty of it all. my grandma unfortunately passed two decembers ago due to complications from COVID. that song always reminded me of her and a lot of Lanas music in general reminds me of her. i remember camping with her and my grandpa in the orgeon and washington forests and mountains in the summer of 2019, and i still remember the day Lana posted the first snippet of the NFR title track on instagram. to hear Lana call back to Terrence Loves You’s melody in The Grants, and sample NFR in A&W were both indicators that for me, this album was most definitely going to be one i never forgot. there are so many beautiful as well as painful memories that i can absolutely tell went into the construction of this album for Lana, and so many of those memories are called back for me while listening to the songs that i’ve heard so far. i’m really very grateful for it, truly. <3

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I can’t wait for that one mean bald guys review. He is the only reviewer who actually matters 

The only reviewer who actually matters is Ajayll lmao who cares abt Baldtano :hottie:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif