Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 hours ago, MrFameKills said:

Tracklist if Lana sat with it for two more days

Hide contents

Did You Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard Peal Watch Me On Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard (I Just Wish I Had A Friend Like Him)

1. When You Leave All You Take is Your Memories - And I'm Gonna Take Mine of You With Me (Mind of You with Me)

2. Did You Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard Peal Watch Me On Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard (I Just Wish I Had A Friend Like Him)

3. You'll Find Me Where No One Else Will Be - In The Sweet North Country (Sweet & Barefeet)

4. Did You A Singer Could Still Be Looking Like A Sidepiece at Thirty Three? & JIMMY JIMMY

5. Help me, God, i wanna be a man of love, a man of lust, but you gotta do that!

6. I'm Obssed With This, All His Candy Necklaces (The Young & Restless)

7. Honey, oh, honey, give me my soul, oh! (Early in the mornin' hey)

8. By The 3rd of March I Was Cracked Open (There's a Name for it in Japanese - it's Kintsugi)

9. They say there's irony in the music, it's a tragedy...i...see nothing Greek in it (Mausoleum)

10. When you know, you know, it's time to go. When you're home, you're home, when you're alone.

11. Grandfather

12. Screw it, maybe you should go record some other songs (Let the light it, i'm at your backdoor yelling cuz i wanna come in)

13. Baby when your love is in trouble (It kinda makes me laugh, running down that path when you're good as gold)

14. You Wanted Me Sadder - Fishtail, What's The Matter? (Skinny Dip In Your Mind)

15. Fuck it, gonna give a show, i open up the blinds (Hands On Your Knees)

16. Even Though It Seems I've Gotten Better - I Can Be Violent Too (Jealous of your love)

I'm reading through this. I'm happy for you tho or sorry this happened 

D.png

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I've been feeling kinda unbothered this week about the album (i guess due to stress with other things going on) but today the excitement has really hit me, like oh my god it's coming in two days. In two days i'm gonna be listening to 16 brand new tracks im scared ya'll :oprah2:

Literally same.. i was listening again to the Grants last night and I got so hyped up:trisha:

It gets real boring when reviewers and journalists keep banging on about Born to Die being criticised and her SNL performance, and people thinking shes fake blah blah blah etc. that was over 11 years ago! Time to move on. She has established herself now and is seen as one of the greatest song writers of the 21st century and is respected by her peers. So can they move the fuck on already. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

8 minutes ago, x VB said:

What if it’s a midnight EST release? :cryney:

I'm like 90% sure it's a local release as iTunes still says 24th... COCC was the only global release and its release date on iTunes was 21st March (when it released on the 19th midnight EST). If it was coming at midnight EST iTunes would have to change the date to the 26th so that it isn't released 'early' in other timezones.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It gets real boring when reviewers and journalists keep banging on about Born to Die being criticised and her SNL performance, and people thinking shes fake blah blah blah etc. that was over 11 years ago! Time to move on. She has established herself now and is seen as one of the greatest song writers of the 21st century and is respected by her peers. So can they move the fuck on already. 

I was thinking the exact same. Starting off a review with this topic AGAIN feels stale and uninspired.

IMG-7960.jpg

2 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Track List if Lana didn't try to be pretentious:

Hide contents

A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

1. Memories
  2. Don't Forget Me
  3. Sweet
  4. American Whore
  5. Judah Smith Interlude
  6. Candy Necklaces
  7. Jon Batiste Interlude
  8. Kintsugi
  9. Two Seconds to Cry
  10. Suitcase (feat. SYML)
  11. Three White Butterflies
  12. Let the Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
  13. Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
  14. Fishtail
  15. Skinnydip (feat. Tommy Genesis)
  16. Lanita / Venice Bitch, Pt. 2

if you don't like titles like "fingertips", "peppers" and "taco truck", i wonder how you'd feel about titles like "blue jeans", "video games" and "cola" like this is such a classic lana way of naming her songs. if she's pretentious now, she always has been

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

22 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This actually might be her best tracklist to date. The only thing I’d change would be the names of the interludes.

I agree. It's super intriguing with titles like Paris, Texas, Fishtail and Taco Truck x VB.

But nothing tops Born do Die's and Norman's titles imo. Norman Fucking Rockwell, Venice Bitch, Born to Die, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, The greatest, California - those were the best imo.

Ok so Candy Necklace leaked...

Spoiler

And I fucking love it, it's so mysterious. 
It's nothing like the snippet tho, like the snippet sounds a lot like fingertips but in the actual song it gives a different impression. I love this fucking song so much.
I think somebo
dy got their vinyl early and recorded from there, because of the audio quality. 

Just now, tienmej said:

Ok so Candy Necklace leaked...

Hide contents

And I fucking love it, it's so mysterious. 
It's nothing like the snippet tho, like the snippet sound a lot like fingertips but in the actual song it gives a different impression. I love this fucking song so much.

You mean in HQ?

17 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

But these 'critics' aren't, in most cases, genuine music critics in the 20th century sense, and they're biased against her for a number of reasons. She still drives them mad with envy, despite having largely dropped the 'international high glam' look she adopted for a while. She's hugely wealthy, she owns multiple homes and sports cars, she's very talented in a number of ways, she has an actual career that has been successful on her own terms, she often speaks her mind, she's a Christian of some kind, and she has the adoration of enshrined American artists like Baez and Springsteen.

Living in NYC, I encounter angry, frustrated people like this all the time, who spend more time attempting to halt the progress and success of others rather than concentrating on their own chances and opportunities. Such people are found everywhere, but especially in large American cities that are hubs for various entertainment industries. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

But these 'critics' aren't, in most cases, genuine music critics in the 20th century sense, and they're biased against her for a number of reasons. She still drives them mad with envy, despite having largely dropped the 'international high glam' look she adopted for a while. She's hugely wealthy, she owns multiple homes and sports cars, she's very talented in a number of ways, she has an actual career that has been successful on her own terms, she often speaks her mind, she's a Christian of some kind, and she has the adoration of enshrined American artists like Baez and Springsteen.

Living in NYC, I encounter angry, frustrated people like this all the time, who spend more time attempting to halt the progress and success of others rather than concentrating on their own chances and opportunities. Such people are found everywhere, but especially in large American cities that are hubs for various entertainment industries. 

some might say the green-eyed monster... 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

9 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

if you don't like titles like "fingertips", "peppers" and "taco truck", i wonder how you'd feel about titles like "blue jeans", "video games" and "cola" like this is such a classic lana way of naming her songs. if she's pretentious now, she always has been

Can we stop dissing that faux tracklist? I think the poster got the message.