Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I’d say I’d like to see engagement with this album- we were very lucky during LFL despite the big delay but I’m pretty sure the album being her worst selling at that point cut her off from having to promote by interscope- I’m sure Lana was thrilled :flutter:  We know it will sell now regardless but we need a music video atleast 

Spoiler

before you talk about me let me stop what you're saying, I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW THAT YOU HATE ME

GOD DAMN IT this song is soooo good

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

9 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

I have a feeling we'll get a surprise on Friday, whether it be a tour announcement, a video, or something totally unexpected, something is in the air :legend:

I hope so...

I mean after all these magazine interviews, merch drops and her sort of IG promo I don't think they'll just stay silent for the release

3 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

xtbfushak9pa1.jpg

Okay but what's the consensus on Roanoke because I've only seen up to Hotel but I want to rewatch... :oprah3:

𝔅𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔗𝔬 𝔇𝔦𝔢 𝔵 𝔘𝔩𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔵 ℌ𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫

ob6gU4v.jpgGakhqti.jpg9AB9q4W.jpg

Listening parties weren’t even anything big… literally every big label’s artist are doing these, it’s nothing unusual. I don’t think it was even anything related to Ben and Ed

50 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I'm so excited for the besties who haven't listened yet :trisha:

I am so ready after seeing you all rave about it for what has felt like years :lange:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

8 minutes ago, canadianwhore said:

Okay but what's the consensus on Roanoke because I've only seen up to Hotel but I want to rewatch... :oprah3:

it’s one of my favs! Super gory though, but it’s a fun right with many disturbing elements. And quick to binge too. Everything after that is meh

Spoiler

This might be recency bias but I really think Tunnel might become a top 3 for me. It’s just so good. I remember with COCC and BB, I enjoyed some songs but most of the time I didn’t find myself returning to them. I also mainly listen to the songs themselves and not the entire album. I keep on listening through the whole Tunnel album because it’s just that good. I love how it seems to slow down around Paris, Texas and then it picks up immediately with Grandfather. I love how well The Grants -> Did you know -> Sweet -> A&W transition to each other. The only skip for me at the moment is Fishtail but it’s somewhat growing on me. I have multiple skips on her other albums so it’s not a big deal :legend:this truly is the follow up for NFR  

sgopYhV.gif

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Can we stop dissing that faux tracklist? I think the poster got the message. 

girl why are you singling out my response to her when its one of the most mild ones? i wasn't even "dissing" her, i was just pointing out lana's named songs like this since the beginning 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

6 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

it’s one of my favs! Super gory though, but it’s a fun right with many disturbing elements. And quick to binge too. Everything after that is meh

Nice!! After my rewatch of Skins I'm gonna binge it 

15 minutes ago, canadianwhore said:

one of the most underrated seasons. Super silly, super gory, ton of fun. 

I can’t express how excited I am for Candy Necklace after the new snippet she shared. It sounds sooooo haunting. 

16 minutes ago, canadianwhore said:

It's a strange format, like it plays out as a documentary at some point? Idk it's been years since I last watched it BUT it was definitely the scariest season. Also don't skip Cult, that is one of the best seasons, like top 5

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

39 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’d say I’d like to see engagement with this album- we were very lucky during LFL despite the big delay but I’m pretty sure the album being her worst selling at that point cut her off from having to promote by interscope- I’m sure Lana was thrilled :flutter:  We know it will sell now regardless but we need a music video atleast 

This fanfiction. Honeymoon was her worst performing album by that point (and still is if you omit COCC and BB:eartha:). Lust For Life resurrected her commercially. The singles performed well. The album too. Not to mention a Grammy nomination. If you’re talking about debut numbers, yes it was lower (by a few thousands) but it ended selling much better than Honeymoon overall. Norman debuted even lower. It’s now one of her best selling albums.

Honeymoon was her worst selling album pre-NFR.

2 minutes ago, Flowerbomb said:

It's a strange format, like it plays out as a documentary at some point? Idk it's been years since I last watched it BUT it was definitely the scariest season. Also don't skip Cult, that is one of the best seasons, like top 5

Evan Peters plays a Charles Manson-type right?? I really need to watch that season

Tf we talking about American Horror Story on here? I-stay on track children..anyway Ocean has to beat Honeymoon as the masterpiece of masterpieces. Sonically HM is amazing and theres so much power in her lyrics and delivery-she loved HM and its obvious, and now we have Tunnel and she's so happy again.

Paris, Texas:

Spoiler

I absolutely love Paris, Texas. I thought SYML was going to be singing in it but I'm kinda glad it's just Lana? The song is so sweet and her voice is angelic. I feel like some might see this as a filler song but it's definitely in my top 5 from the album

2 minutes ago, canadianwhore said:

Evan Peters plays a Charles Manson-type right?? I really need to watch that season

Yeah he has a lot of character. His main part is playing a right winged incel type of character but he also plays Jim Jones, Jesus, Andy Warhol and Charles Manson

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, HighbytheSea said:

Tf we talking about American Horror Story on here? I-stay on track children..anyway Ocean has to beat Honeymoon as the masterpiece of masterpieces. Sonically HM is amazing and theres so much power in her lyrics and delivery-she loved HM and its obvious, and now we have Tunnel and she's so happy again.

Sorry :trisha: honeymoon is my fave album of hers though and I can hear some Honeymoon influence in the singles so I'm excited. Really seems like a look-back on her career by piecing together elements of past albums to create a new sound