Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I have to say, this era has been so pleasant though, lots of things to discuss ever since Blue Banisters dropped (with some draught last summer), like, who knew Rob would drop a piano album, we all thought his social media teasing was him working with Lana for her own album, and nice photoshoots and interviews now towards the end, and most importantly, a really nice single roll out! I haven't been too active in this thread, especially not lately, but I think it's been great so far. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I love Margaret omg (until Jack’s stanky ass singing on the mic), it’s so LFL coded. 

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

About the mastering:

Spoiler

The FLAC file of Grandfather sounds bad at the climax. Someone really pushed the volume and there is a lot of clipping and artifacts. Hopefully not all versions are like this. :usrsney:

Just now, baddisease said:

is it possible to hear the difference between 320kbps and FLAC?

No, and proper A/B testing probably will result in no noticeable any differences. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Finally listened to it all in proper quality. It's a challenging record, in can say this:

Spoiler

My god, the first four tracks could open and end the album by themselves. They're so beautiful, i literally cry. 

Candy Necklace is so dark, so twisted, i love it. 

I still think the first interlude should've been shorter, while i appreciate the second one.

Kintsugi is so gentle and delicate and so is Fingertips. They're Lana personal musical drama and i love it.

Paris, Texas...you know what i think about it so i'm not gonna repeat myself, it's my only skip on this album.

Grandfather is like flying on a lake during a sunny day. Highlight of her career.

Let The Light is another one of my favourites, i love the part ''i need to need to need you'' and when she goes high in the end, just chef kiss.

Margaret is very nice, not my favorite but still, love the instrumental outro.

Fishtail and Peppers are the ones i struggle the most with, after several listenings.

Taco Truck has grown on me, i just wished Lanita was a little longer but that's a nice closure to a strong, complex, inspired and challenging record.

46 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:
  Hide contents

lana's voice on fishtail sounds so muffled

Spoiler

I think it's some kind of filter put over her vocals. Maybe a very light bit crusher? Idk I kinda like it but can see how it can sound "muffled" to some. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

what is Lana saying in fishtail in the left side at 1:16-1:21?

Spoiler

"dont say"? I hear dont stay but say would make sense where it is in the song

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

32 minutes ago, brooklyn Babyy said:

Fr65DvCWIBEMoLT?format=png&name=small where is this image from ????

THIS IS GORGEOUS WHAT THE HECK :trisha: we’ve been robbed, imagine this being the cover of the white vinyl…

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

26 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

We say this every era, and then all of a sudden a day/two weeks later a new pre release starts. :creepna:

Omg I’m so happy I found this place you guys are so funny lol 

1 minute ago, emliqua said:

Hide contents

Also idk how to change my vpn so I’m just sitting waiting patiently :tea:

don’t even bother it doesn’t work. i set mine to new zealand and it doesn’t work kms

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif