Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

This is my last post in this thread before i listen to the album. What a ride it's been :xcry: I'm gonna listen to it tomorrow evening though rather than at midnight tonight.

See you all in the post release thread, we finally made it :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

hey guys i just came back home and i have amazing news :cryney2:

i went on a walk and it was beautiful, spring is my favorite season, and this album was meant for the spring season, i'm almost glad it was delayed cause listening to it during spring is a whole different vibe, i live in the country side and walking on the grass, the sun was setting, the clouds were pink, i could smell the flowers, and a world opened up to me, i'm going through a difficult time and being able to go out for a walk now that it's getting warmer means a lot to me and listening to these songs while surrounded by nature made me so emotional and glad to be alive, listening to songs talking about living and dying and how beautifil life is while being surrounded by what i find the most beautiful (nature) made me appriciate the album so much more, can't wait to go on thousands of walks this spring listening to the album :trisha:

Love this for you x :oprah:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Spoiler

stupid fucking site, i can't post pictures for some reason

Anyways, I have listened to the full album and all I can say is that it was an okay experience. The first half of the album was okay/meh (because of the interludes they're so boring) but the second half of the album was Lust For Life coded which got me like "okay I still have faith in this album". I almost give up listening the album at Fingertips but I quickly got interested again at Paris, Texas and it was a great ride from that point on. GPSOTSOMFWHD-SF was magical and it could be a continuation to Paris, Texas as to how similar they sound. Fishtail got me GAGGED as what I've said, the second half is LFL coded with the trap beats and this track is one of my faves. I also appreciate the Summer Bummerification of Venice Beach but it overshadows Taco Truck sadly. If only A&W would be at the bottom of the tracklist with Fishtail and Peppers, it would be more cohesive sounding. Let The Light In is for the Wait for Life girlies, the song threw me back during that era. Margaret is folklore coded as expected from Jack Antonoff :smh: which is known to recycle songs and notes from different albums (i.e. At the Holiday Party by St. Vincent and Solar Power by Lorde) but the track made feel freedom which is a nice experience listening to it.

Overall, this album is great but it's not the best (at least for me :hooker:) I hope the Eupore and US girlies would enjoy the album as much as I do. That's all from me.

Liked Tracks: DYKTTATUOB, A&W, Kintsugi, Paris Texas, GPSOTSOMFWHD-SF, Let The Light In, Margaret, Fishtail, Peppers

Edited by yyxy
Spoilers

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

1 hour ago, Mistress999 said:

Finally listened to it all in proper quality. It's a challenging record, in can say this:

Hide contents

My god, the first four tracks could open and end the album by themselves. They're so beautiful, i literally cry. 

Candy Necklace is so dark, so twisted, i love it. 

I still think the first interlude should've been shorter, while i appreciate the second one.

Kintsugi is so gentle and delicate and so is Fingertips. They're Lana personal musical drama and i love it.

Paris, Texas...you know what i think about it so i'm not gonna repeat myself, it's my only skip on this album.

Grandfather is like flying on a lake during a sunny day. Highlight of her career.

Let The Light is another one of my favourites, i love the part ''i need to need to need you'' and when she goes high in the end, just chef kiss.

Margaret is very nice, not my favorite but still, love the instrumental outro.

Fishtail and Peppers are the ones i struggle the most with, after several listenings.

Taco Truck has grown on me, i just wished Lanita was a little longer but that's a nice closure to a strong, complex, inspired and challenging record.

Spoiler

wow i agree with almost all your thoughts! (except paris texas lol). fishtail and peppers are difficult tracks for me too; with peppers i love the verses but it’s tommy genesis that’s throwing me off. i just find it straight up starting with angelina to be off putting and maybe a lil repetitive. i like fishtail but i also need time with it so it can grow on me, it’s very different. 

and yeah lanita needs to be longer fr, taco truck is a sound we haven’t heard from lana in so long and i would’ve loved more of it before venice bitch. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

This pre-release era was... not fun.  It took a toll on many of us, and because of it, we've lost many members. These two last months have been so stressful and weird... I am definitely not going to miss any of it :sideeye:

But, I'm still grateful we got such an amazing album and somehow, in all the weirdness, some of us ended up bonding :oprah:

I'm ready to say goodbye to this thread. I hope whatever awaits for us in the future, is brighter. See y'all on the post-release thread! :heart:

33b282e5d2712e88cc6478e137e177a4.jpg

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Im somehow sad this pre release era is soon over, even though it was stressful

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

5 minutes ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

My blunt is ready 4 tonight I can’t wait !!!

ugh i wasted my last one w a friend :awkney: i'll have my first listen experience sober x

Bye!!:crying4:

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

my feelings after listening in hq

Spoiler

the grants-8/10

dykttatuob-9/10

sweet-8.5/10

a&w-9/10

judah interlude-3/10

candy necklace-10/10

john  interlude-5/10

kintsugi-10/10

fingertips-7/10

paris, texas-9/10

grandfather-10/10

let the light in-9.5/10

margaret-7.5/10

fishtail-8/10

peppers-8.5/10

taco truck x vb-9/10

overall-8.2/10

loves it

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

3 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

my feelings after listening in hq

Hide contents

the grants-8/10

dykttatuob-9/10

sweet-8.5/10

a&w-9/10

judah interlude-3/10

candy necklace-10/10

john  interlude-5/10

kintsugi-10/10

fingertips-7/10

paris, texas-9/10

grandfather-10/10

let the light in-9.5/10

margaret-7.5/10

fishtail-8/10

peppers-8.5/10

taco truck x vb-9/10

overall-8.2/10

loves it

kintsugi AND grandfather 10/10 this is taste 

Every time we think a pre-release thread for a new era can't get worse, we are proven wrong. Terrified for the LDR10 pre-release thread, but thankful this one is over:defeated:

Happy that we now get to enjoy and luxuriate in this complex, beautiful 80 minute album from our queen. Despite all the drama and chaos, we eventually live to see another feeding. :blush3: