Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I want the album to sound like the good part of BB (BBS, IYLDWM, Thunder) and the title track already satisfied my expectationsĀ 

and also for giving meĀ Margaret

my predictions to track lenghts:

The Grants: 5:30-5:50

Sweet: 3:40-3:55 (one of the shortest full tracks but not expecting being really short)

A&W: 7:20-7:40

1 hour ago, blackpalmtrees said:

My main issue with Tunnel (song) is not the fact that itā€™s a ballad but mainly the fact that itā€™s kinda soulless until that last chorus and outro instruments hit. Her singing is very monotone and doesnā€™t rly convey that much emotion in comparison to her UV/HoneymoonĀ vocalsā€¦ you could hear the sadness in her voice whereas on Tunnel she just sounds bored.Ā :crossed:

Full agree.Ā 

20 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

where does 'Waist Deep in Icy Waves' come from? Did she say this on the W mag interview? I just read that the other dayĀ :horror2:

she used it as a hashtag to the W mag pic where she's half naked on the beachĀ 

37 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

https://instagram.com/stories/neilkrug/3004945378472286548?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

Ā 

letā€™s pretend this is a crumb of infoĀ 

and everywhere the ocean symbol like on the DNC jacket

why do I think those three letters still have meaning for the album?

Ā 

4 hours ago, Fingertips said:

I think he said that he wishes there was an album trailer with The Grants in the background because it's gorgeous and cinematicĀ 

I want to know if there's Patty slander in itĀ :creepna3:

I... I really hope she'll make a huge deal of LDRX.

She'll bring short movies back, come with red hair and bring the best of Dreampop with a dash of hip-hop and Psychodelic guitars.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I feel like we aren't getting any music video this time around.

I adore the distorted oceanic vibes of Neil's complementary work for the album's artwork. And the fact that he shot these photos last spring means that Lana knew what she wanted in terms of visuals. Doesn't the track with the long title mention something sea-related, as well?Ā 

Ā 

What intrigues me is that BOZ said that the album is fucking wild, and I kinda doubt that his description is solely based on a specific track's soundscape (apparentlyĀ A&W). Didn't he say that he needed to listen to the Tommy Genesis "feat." (lol) a bit more in order to talk about it? Hopefully this means that it's a strange experimental track...Antonoff was hyping it a lot on Tommy's IG.Ā :creepna:

3 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

i had a dream about A&W a few nights ago and it was a mix of Cruel World and BBS so basically the same ideaā€¦ manifesting manifesting manifestingĀ :worship:

so does everyone have the same dream about A&W being an ultraviolence meets blue banisters song

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

6 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

so does everyone have the same dream about A&W being an ultraviolence meets blue banisters song

To me, itā€™s a UV meets VB type of songā€¦ :godlaugh:

Yeah, Iā€™m bound to be disappointedĀ :thumb3: