Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, fine china said:

I don’t really understand wanting to know what BoZ, Eclipse, or Kintsugi think of the tracks because it’s a recipe for disappointment if they love the song and hype it up and you end up underwhelmed. Best to just wait for the album to come out. 

Right..and the fact that we have two people who have two completely different responses to which tracks they love just shows we're in for a treat anyways. It's very clear what the best songs on Chemtrails and Blue Banisters are because they were just fine albums. This one seems to have something for everyone.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I haven't seen Paris, Texas in a while (and I have a very strong hunch that the song is about film and not the town lol) but from what I recall, there's some REALLY strong themes of family, parenthood, the loss of innocence as a child, atonement, domestic abuse etc. I'm really, really interested in seeing how Lana connects this with her own life (her relationship with Patty and her father, her sister being a mother, etc). It's an absolutely tragic story. Or it might not be related to it at all lol

sgopYhV.gif

5 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

BOZ:

Why are you suddenly focusing on which track is possibly the worst instead of hyping yourself for what could be best? :deadbanana2: I'm not a big Lana fan for years now, I know what she's capable of so when something doesn't live up to her highs I'm not gonna force myself to enjoy it more. Actual Lana fans gonna automatically like everything more than me regardless of how it sounds. The fact I think this is top 3 in her discography should leave you no doubts how even greater it will be for you. Best thing to stop forming your opinions on songs based of random peoples comments at all. Wait, listen, decide.

this is a great point… if it’s a top 3 album for him… we will be sh*ttin ourselves 💅🏼🙏🎆

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

I haven't seen Paris, Texas in a while (and I have a very strong hunch that the song is about film and not the town lol) but from what I recall, there's some REALLY strong themes of family, parenthood, the loss of innocence as a child, atonement, domestic abuse etc. I'm really, really interested in seeing how Lana connects this with her own life (her relationship with Patty and her father, her sister being a mother, etc). It's an absolutely tragic story. Or it might not be related to it at all lol

I think it might be the track with the lyric that spills about Patty that Eclipse teased yesterday.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

really wouldn't believe BOZ… 

he once said that Electric would be one of Katy's best singles and it was actually the worst EVER

he just have a bad taste at all default_awkney.gif

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I wish the interludes had titles

I kinda love that they don’t. Seeing that the Jon Interlude is 3 and a half minutes gives me ideas of it being the “radio hit.” Imagine Jon Batiste Interlude being the new Doin Time. It would be so camp. :lolliney:

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I wish the interludes had titles

Same. Even "Judah's/Jon's Interlude" would be alr

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

5 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Damn. I need to watch this movie

Okay babes, got my nails done and some coffee..

Spoiler

DJntcg.jpg

did we get the length of pepper ??

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

10 minutes ago, The Siren said:

you better watch it...

you-in-danger-gurl-whoppie.gif

oh i love change don’t get me wrong but its a simple, gorgeous, slow piano ballad so another track being even sparser AND slower ? how ? :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, mssainttropez said:

Reveal hidden contents

DJntcg.jpg

4:08! 

1 minute ago, mssainttropez said:

Reveal hidden contents

DJntcg.jpg

yes it’s 4.08

My hype has died down so much since the tracklist release:crai: idk I just feel like I will never be a “new Lana” fan even though my favorite album is NFR

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I'm in my year of rage and retribution (not rest and relaxation) so I'm really excited for A&W and its place on the record as an angry anthem – but I love that there seems to be so much variety and intensity in terms of the sonic landscape, and it's definitely going to be a cathartic record. I also find it so interesting that the last few tracks on this record seem to pick up in pace, when Lana has almost exclusively winded her albums down in production. Perhaps a jumping off point for something more experimental and hard in the record(s) to come?