Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The sigh of relief at the beginning makes me worried for The Grants 

it's just 3 minutes and 52 seconds of patty banging on the door trying to get in because she didn't get an invite and the sigh is because she finally gave up and went to get frozen yogurt bangswipe.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

when all of the songs are market with the E (explicit) mark then WHAT

only 6/16 (incl. tunnel song) are explicit 

BUT i remember songs on COCC weren't marked as explicit and they very obviously were :dua:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

we can already see what tracks are explicit on itunes :smokes:

omg srry but is not enough cursing for me… 

and also for giving me Margaret

gonna step into the delulu wading pool again for this -

i honestly feel like TOB (song) isn't necessarily a progression of sound nor anything new but it's the absolute zenith of the sound she curated on NFR, COCC & BB and it's the absolute best parts of all of those albums in a song - and it almost feels like an intentional prelude to the rest of the album afterward

which makes me even more interested to see what the grants will sound like :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I’m bummed I missed out on the cassette :(  and also bummed that people can’t see that this song has a lot of differences to IFYLDWM and LMLYLAW. I liked those two songs, don’t get me wrong, but this one just feels different. The vocals, production and lyrics are all there. I hear some similarities but it’s for sure not the same 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Just now, the ocean said:

it's the absolute zenith of the sound she curated on NFR, COCC & BB and it's the absolute best parts of all of those albums in a song

this spill she took the good parts and put them into one place

through trial and error births perfection :oprah4:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

i think there was a clear shift in what she wanted to make once she made NFR, and the past two albums were her honing the sound of the shift she was making from the low-point of NFR, culminating in the best parts of each album (mostly blue banisters which i loved as a solid well sounding album anyway) being present

high high high hopes for this record :ma:

3 minutes ago, Thoth said:

i love lana del rey lore :gurl:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

Can't believe I pre-ordered new Lana and Caroline this week :') Truly blessed.

DYK seems to grow on me with each listen, this is some of her best work yet. I'm still stunned at the way she evokes feelings and visuals through song.

7 minutes ago, Thoth said:

This is such a beautiful metaphor. for the first few listens I though that by “when’s it going to be my turn?” she means “when will I finally be loved” but now I’m thinking that it’s a rhetorical question of desperation about her mortality and the inevitability of being forgotten and she’s trying to fight off these thoughts with “don’t forget me” . Like an internal battle

I’m sure the album will be great but yeah this song is a turd, if we didn’t get to hear this type of song before in different formats since the COCC era, I’d like it but you can only twist and spin the same shit a certain amount of times, until it becomes boring and redundant. Jack rly is sabotaging the most unique artist of this century by producing all this generic sounding music… i’ll let American Whore be my final judgement but this killed my hype a bit. I said what i said.

1 minute ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I’m sure the album will be great but yeah this song is a turd, if we didn’t get to hear this type of song before in different formats since the COCC era, I’d like it but you can only twist and spin the same shit a certain amount of times, until it becomes boring and redundant. Jack rly is sabotaging the most unique artist of this century by producing all this generic sounding music… i’ll let American Whore be my final judgement but this killed my hype a bit. I said what i said.

i guess not everybody can be satisfied bangswipe.gif

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

3 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

jack only contributed the guitars at the end, the whole orchestral arrangement was made by Drew :brows3: 

4 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

mind you i'm a seasoned jack hater but i think he might do a good job with this one. i think lana wants something more produced given the subject matter, and i think she's built on what NFR, COCC and BB gave us. i agree with the jack comments, but i think if you don't view the song from the jack hater lens, you will enjoy it alot more, i did 

besides, was this song even prod. by jack??? :bebe:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif