Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

what’s a pre-release thread without the “is lana retiring after this album discourse” but

i think if she ever does plan on retiring or taking a long hiatus, she would say something like “this will be my last album” or “this is going to be my last album for a while” in the announcement, i really don’t think she’s the kind of artist to just drop off the face of the earth without a goodbye. or at least not anymore

It would be a shame if Jack lost his sweet Margaret before his passion project "Margaret" releases in March. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Just now, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

It would be a shame if Jack lost his sweet Margaret before his passion project "Margaret" releases in March. 

this is so ominous i love your posts

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

what’s a pre-release thread without the “is lana retiring after this album discourse” but

i think if she ever does plan on retiring or taking a long hiatus, she would say something like “this will be my last album” or “this is going to be my last album for a while” in the announcement, i really don’t think she’s the kind of artist to just drop off the face of the earth without a goodbye. or at least not anymore

and even then, her crazy ass will get inspired two days later walking down the street and entering a coffee shop to then write 25 songs about the angle of the sun in the windowpane and release a new album like a year and a half later

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

and then then, her crazy ass will get inspired two days later walking down the street and entering a coffee shop to then write 25 songs about the angle of the sun in the windowpane and release a new album like a year and a half later

8 years ago, I would’ve bet Lana would retire by album 5. now, I genuinely think she’s never really going to stop making music, she’s gonna be like 70 and still pumping out a couple albums per decade

7 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

is this a threat :hillary:

It's a promise.

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

But no I really do think Ocean Blvd is going to be her true legacy album, the one that everyone immediately thinks of when they hear “Lana Del Rey” in 50 years, the one that’s referenced in pop culture forever, her magnum opus :ma: it’s just a feeling

11 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

oh my god you should win the best member of the day award

2 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Interludes not being the last 2 on that list is actual Lana stan genocide. 

i know :crai: but the way the pastor interlude has been described is giving controversial. i am either gonna love it or hate it i'm afraid :judgingu3: