Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm really curious about sweet, we know practically nothing about it, i have a feeling it will be very sensuous and breezy, like a honeymoon track, but perhaps also very vulnerable and confessional, a track which is lyrically complex, but also leaves you wondering more... 

I think it's going to be very dreamy and breezy! Erickson is credited, so I suppose it should resemble the soundscape of the title track (orchestras etc.). The title is way too simple for Lana *cough* Beautiful *cough* so that's a bit of a red flag, lol, but she never puts "fillers" at the top of her tracklists, so I'm being cautiously optimistic.

The Grants and A&W are clearly the more fascinating titles here. What could the former sound like? Is it a continuation of Sweet Carolina or Blue Banisters (title track)? Lana always introduces us to the overall sound and "feel" of her albums with the opening song, so I think it'll be quite special. Perhaps one of the most conversational/confessional tracks on the record, delving deeper into her karmic lineage? I'm getting Honeymoon meets Text Book and Wildflower Wildfire vibes from it; that sigh of relief at the beginning of the title track could be an indication. A&W on the other hand sounds absolutely wild and the fact that BOZ said that it might be his favourite track on the album + Antonoff saying that it's his best work with Lana have left me gagging. It should be an eclectic and experimental ride! 

But I do think that fingertips remains the most intriguing title out of all the confirmed songs. The way she described it in her little letter made it sound like an absolute tour-de-force of automatic writing, and I'm very curious to hear what it sounds like. 

11 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I fear she has lost it (her Lana essence) but we can’t say it definitely until we hear more… stay strong 

her lana essence is the fact she IS lana del rey... THEE elizabeth grant. i dont think she will ever lose that

she does everything with such an enigmatic flair and the fact she still manages to be as creative as she is 10 years into her (mainstream) career is incredible

whether or not you like the song, the fact she can still write the way she writes is commendable, and she still crafts and creates the same escapable world she always has, just with a different vibe (akin to the stark difference between btd, ultraviolence and hm) and thats why we all admire her so much :ma:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE TRACKLIST I ACTUALLY CAN'T WAIT NO LONGER FOR IT :defeated:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I'm most looking forward to A&W obviously, but also Fingertips, which I assume is the song that has the lyrics she teased in W magazine. Loved those.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

we HAVE to get some kind of real ACTUAL pro level made kind music video this time around right?:thirst:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

waiting patiently for the tracklist now...

dont worry guys the twink on her team is just finishing typing it up and updating track 4's title to 'American Whore' per lanas request typing.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

16 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I fear she has lost it (her Lana essence) but we can’t say it definitely until we hear more… stay strong 

could you please define "LANA ESSENCE" for me real quick? cause her four first albums are extremely different from each other so i dont know what her essence would be... enlighten that point for me please

Just now, tulsaglory said:

"LANA ESSENCE"

Idk what this is but I think they’re stored in her boobs. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 minute ago, your dealer said:

What track do we think will be the next single and do we think Lana will tease any new songs on honeymoon????? 

No idea without looking at the full tracklist, but unlike Venice Bitch, I feel like she's going to leave A&W for the album. Maybe the Rockefeller track or the FJM song is next

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’m hoping the album has a lot of variety from the sound she’s given us with the title track. With all the collabs I’m hopeful, even though the collabs are all very… weird. Like.. a church pastor, some random indie guy no one knows, Tommy genesis…. 

I’m hopeful!! But yeah if this is her third snooze fest album in a row I really don’t know if I’ll survive 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

i have to say that i do feel as though this is the sister album to Blue Banisters. it almost feels like the RE-UP. more loud, more time, more contemplative in terms of direction. more creative inspiration with the aesthetic. the past two albums were quickly thrown at us and so many things were known before them. so many clues and hints of what was to come. this album is so NEW. the title was something i would have never imagined. it paints one of the most beautiful scenes in my head of sailing the sea with a lover. it’s sounds like the end credits to a feud of lovers where they have to let their love rest. i find this song to be so much more powerful than most of her work from BB and COCC. and i stan those!

giphy.gif

Just now, tulsaglory said:

could you please define "LANA ESSENCE" for me real quick? cause her four first albums are extremely different from each other so i dont know what her essence would be... enlighten that point for me please

Ironically enough, just what you described. With each era and album since AKA up to NFR she has been able to reinvent herself and create unique soundscapes and imagery. Everything since COCC has pretty much had the same vibe/tone and i’m just ready to see her doing something different, that’s that Lana essence. 

mind you Lana herself admitted she was in a blockage writing this record and people had to push her to actually go to the studio, as she stated in W Magazine this year

Busy day at work so I'm late to the party. I'll summarize some thoughts. I'm just so overwhelmed with the little we have gotten so far. The visuals, the direction, the music. Honestly the track is kind of a culmination of her recent sounds as other have said but it is pure magic. Honestly it's so personal, raw, emotional, and relatable. It hit me like a ton of bricks just on how deeply connected I feel the same way sometimes. I am sure we all do. Nobody really can speak to me the way that she does, it's just so real. I think part of her appeal is how relatable she is and just how easy it is to feel connected. I'm rambling now. Super fucking excited with all the information we got. The albums and photos are just so beautiful and spectacular. I've ended up splurging and getting four of the vinyl variants. I just feel like everything about this release feels so special. I cannot wait! Also would like to add the fucking letter she wrote, ugh! Final add on I am so happy the backup singers I hear. They are amazing and blend with Lana so well and add so much beauty, warmth, and harmony. Nobody is doing it like her, other girls fucking wish!

I dont think that she lost anything– she’s improving her lyrics. If there’s something happening here is the fact that she’s refining her art.

i personally don’t looove bb (album), but I can’t deny that her writing skills are getting better (bb, ww, tb). I think the same about this album. Is her best single? No– but it’s her best when it come to lyrics. 
Each album have their stronger points. 
BTD have a rich imagery and is a perfect debut album

UV is aesthetically well thought and give us a nice “experimental” lana

HM’s aesthetics is PERFECT. And her vocals are amazing too

LFL is her best example of something that she shouldn’t do again. :awk:

NFR have an AMAZING production + got us really hyped up (and I dare to say: it’s one of the most well thought album of the century)

COTCC have some pretty dope lyrics (especially her title-song, white dress and tulsa jesus freak) and sonority

BB have one of her best lyrics

i’m excited to see ocean boulevard (album).

The single sounds very inspired to these ears! It has so much going on but it doesn’t ever sound overproduced. I love the palpable sense of urgency for something to survive you in the grander scheme of things. She must know by now her inimitable artistry won’t be forgotten so she speaks instead about a more general cosmic insignificance. It sounds like a truism but I do take it for granted how we have the brief honor of finding beauty in living/touching the souls of others from different walks of life. I’m totally on board with this era.