Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 hours ago, Elle said:

I've been trying to deep clean all of the old spam out of this thread these past couple of days before we reach page 1000 so that when there are inevitably 50+ posts being like "OMG HAPPY 1000TH PAGE :ahh:" it'll actually be accurate :rip:

I've been so behind at staying up to date on the entirety of this thread, so I'm currently at page 530 after starting from 430 earlier today, clearing out over 20 pages worth of leftover horniness, fighting, fish-gate, etc. Going to stop for tonight though because reading all those posts has fried my brain :rip:

However, I feel that there's still lots to speculate about especially after having the tracklist officially revealed recently, so hopefully the next pages leading up to 1000 are actually on topic lol x

81D-z9UNlRL._SL1500_.jpg

Let the light in could be the snipet that she used as an intro for Cruel World during the tour opening number. 

The only thing that « pisses me » a bit, about the delay, is that we are back at the mark « album coming in little over two months » when we had just passed « under two months » :noparty:

but hey, we got a first look at the boxset and got the tracklist, with still a couple of surprises left (Taco Truck X VB… never thought I’d see this one ever)

30 minutes ago, huxter said:

Let the light in could be the snipet that she used as an intro for Cruel World during the tour opening number. 

Could be! Love that we don’t know much about that one.

what I love, though, is that the title seems to be very « meta », with FJM’s own universe, channeling his lyric from Anthem: « there is a crack, a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in » :flutter:

Just now, Jaeden xx said:

the intro used for cruel world on a concert before UV release

oh when you said snippet I thought maybe an unreleased leaked?

I've always wanted a fanmade (or official) version of Cruel World with this haha

The tracklist looks so good on Apple Music, but I don't like how the interludes were named😃

1 hour ago, huxter said:

Everything was recorded from 2021/2020 until now, everything is new, no old material. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

8 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

The tracklist looks so good on Apple Music, but I don't like how the interludes were named😃

Everything was recorded from 2021/2020 until now, everything is new, no old material. 

could be another interpolation of just the “let the light in it’s a cruel world” part! lana loves to reuse little lyrics. although i kind of have a personal feeling it won’t be, it’s not off the table

This album seems to have been influenced by FJM’s Chloe and The Next 20th Century (Drew was involved with both, strings, piano, a bit vintage in sound, Lana and FJM are featured on the other’s album) :oprah3: 

Maybe the boxset will be similar to FJM’s? (Although it cost me a little fortune :paris:) Two coloured vinyls, two single vinyls for the covers (imagine an outtake of Lana’s album on an exclusive vinyl :brows:) and an incredible booklet of pictures… I can totally see that for Ocean Blvd. 

8 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

the delay means we're getting another single before the album right? …RIGHT?? :paris:

I know everybody is doubting it, but I don’t see the album out without a second single first. Even Chemtrails had two before release (for a shorter album). The first single was out before the end of year: once the new year starts, you have to have another single out; everything before new year is almost « forgotten » by the GP. Another single is mandatory to jog people’s memory :true: (that’s why artists sometimes wait until January to release the lead, so people might remember it more). 
true, this album doesn’t scream « single material », making it possibly harder to find one song to single out without the context of the album. But there must be one that would create buzz around the album (UV is having a revival these passed months, Dealer was a TikTok favourite… A&W seems to be channeling the same wild side… or Maybe Grandfather, since it is not a very long track and has maritime references like MAC had)

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I know everybody is doubting it, but I don’t see the album out without a second single first. Even Chemtrails had two before release (for a shorter album). The first single was out before the end of year: once the new year starts, you have to have another single out; everything before new year is almost « forgotten » by the GP. Another single is mandatory to jog people’s memory :true: (that’s why artists sometimes wait until January to release the lead, so people might remember it more). 
true, this album doesn’t scream « single material », making it possibly harder to find one song to single out without the context of the album. But there must be one that would create buzz around the album (UV is having a revival these passed months, Dealer was a TikTok favourite… A&W seems to be channeling the same wild side… or Maybe Grandfather, since it is not a very long track and has maritime references like MAC had)

but will it get the single treatment... MV and/or performance, that's what I'm interested in :oprah3:

13 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

This is beautiful oh wow :oprah2: and some people still will be complaining 

The guy breaking his hands to serve us with a beautiful fucking melody full of emotion and movement

Meanwhile, some on LB: *yawn* piano, lol