Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

The use of samples on a few songs really is in line with the automatic writing process. It’s a form of completely unaffected inspiration, in that she explicitly includes the inspiration on these songs when maybe she didn’t before, and the inspiration was more conducive to the writing process than the final song. I think that’s really endearing and gives a candid quality to the songs, in a way (even more than it already is with Lana).

It reminds me of how the concept demo for Never Let Me Go is literally her improvising and working lyrics and melodies out in real time over a whole other song—with only mere elements adjacent to that “sampled” song being apparent in the final version. By doing this, she lets the listeners in even more than she does with just her lyrics alone, because there are two layers of an “unaffected” quality going on here. 

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I woke up feeling weirdly excited for Kintsugi. I really hope them insiders weren't lying about this song. I want to be slayed so bad. :shutup:

I wanna be excited but I cant imagine 6 minutes of bare piano and her "barely opening her mouth" being any good:icant: and I like piano

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, JFKs Fine China said:

:wowcry: This sounds like gliding along the ocean while the light shimmers during a beautiful sunset. Throw in Lana's vocals, lyrics and I'm sure some of her own instrumentation and this song is going to absolutely destroy me:paris:

This Isn’t the song she’s sampling from him.

1 hour ago, Fingertips said:

The next single will either be something completely unexpected (Peppers, Fishtail, Let the Light In) or a song everyone has been guessing for weeks now (The Grants, Grandfather, A&W, Candy Necklace) :mj2:

I have a fear it will be Sweet for Valentine's, but I don't think she will. Right? She wouldn't do that?...I want more of a shock/attention grabbing single, like what A&W may be.

1 hour ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Wait is this the song she sampled or is this just a great example of Riopy's talent?

No this isn’t the song she’s sampled from him. It’s just an example of his talent.

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I wanna be excited but I cant imagine 6 minutes of bare piano and her "barely opening her mouth" being any good:icant: and I like piano

You have a point :prettyhurts:

venice bitch is the one thing jack antonoff has ever done right in his career but i didn't need a sample of it tbh i wish she'd sample some of her earlier work instead :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

I have a fear it will be Sweet for Valentine's, but I don't think she will. Right? She wouldn't do that?...I want more more of a shock/attention grabbing single, like what A&W may be.

Sweet seems like a song she just threw on there for lolz. But knowing Lana it's probably her favorite song on the album and we will be getting it as the next single:tommy:

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I don’t know, though…you’d be surprised about the magic that can be distilled into a song with that (unflattering and very subjective) description! Hope is a dangerous thing is piano all throughout, yet is arguably her most emotive work to date. I’m imagining something in that vein. 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t know, though…you’d be surprised about the magic that can be distilled into a song with that (unflattering and very subjective) description! Hope is a dangerous thing is piano all throughout, yet is arguably her most emotive work to date. I’m imagining something in that vein. 

hope is exactly what i think about when given that description. hope is hauntingly beautiful and so genuine. its one of my faves off NFR

4 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

I have a fear it will be Sweet for Valentine's, but I don't think she will. Right? She wouldn't do that?...I want more more of a shock/attention grabbing single, like what A&W may be.

Honestly I can see something coming this week if she’s going to keep “shading” Sean. His first wedding anniversary is this weekend. Watch her drop something Friday.

A&W will be the Dealer of this album. They’ll save it to build hype for release day hoping it’ll go viral. Just my guesses

5 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

For everyone confused the video posted a few pages back of RIOPY playing piano isn’t the sample Lana used. This is the song she used from him

Thanks! and which song features the sample?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

The thing is, I'm not even a piano hater. I like songs like Hope, HIAB, Love Song, Change, White Dress, etc. etc. However, her melodies have been lacking since cotcc for me (which I think is super important when trying to make "stripped down" tracks) and the thing that really scares me is the "barely opening her mouth" part :biblio: However I am definitely hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Y'all think that track list is real?

she posted it herself on her instagram, and then it appeared on her official store, and then it appeared on apple music, and then it was officially reported on by news outlets, do i need to go on

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif