Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Ocean Boulevard said:

So I decided on the day of my first Tunnel album listen I will make Tacos, Taco Truck × VB's impact :hide:

i already bought like one month worth of candy necklaces

and also for giving me Margaret

I love album drop listening rituals! What else do people have planned/what were your rituals for past first listens of new albums? Sad bc the album was supposed to drop while I’m in Prague for my bday but now that it’s been pushed back idk what I’ll do- maybe a long meandering walk through the city? 

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

So I decided on the day of my first Tunnel album listen I will make Tacos, Taco Truck × VB's impact :hide:

3 minutes ago, The Grants said:

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Grandfather Please Let The Light In While Standing With Your Fingertips On The Shoulders  Of My Father While He's Deep Sea Fishing With Jon Batiste For Fishtails In The Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd In Paris, Texas - Eating Sweet Pepper Flavored Tacos Out Of A Kintsugi Fixed Bowl With The Grants, Margaret & Juda Smith At The Taco Truck × VB × A&W :true:

Hide contents

GPLTLIWSWYFOTSOMFWHDSFFFITTUOBIPT - ESPFTOOAKFBWTGMJSATTTVA:true:

a serve :true:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

10 minutes ago, The Grants said:

I love this :cryney2: yesterday I was thinking how when I get my nails done in March, I may wanna get something gold/with gold for Kintsugi

Spoiler

il_1588xN.2991391039_c9o2.jpg

44 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Salvatore, Carmen, Lolita…SEXY NAMES 

margaret???

pls dont slander my name :icant: but i kinda agree… it sounds like an older women. thats why i go by maggie :teehee:

9 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

I love this :cryney2: yesterday I was thinking how when I get my nails done in March, I may wanna get something gold/with gold for Kintsugi

Hide contents

il_1588xN.2991391039_c9o2.jpg

and they have the nerve to say we’re the most problematic fandom…

and also for giving me Margaret

25 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

I love album drop listening rituals! What else do people have planned/what were your rituals for past first listens of new albums? Sad bc the album was supposed to drop while I’m in Prague for my bday but now that it’s been pushed back idk what I’ll do- maybe a long meandering walk through the city? 

I'm putting fishtails in a bag until the release. Then I'll bathe in the fermented juice while listening to the record. 

Luckily I don't eat much fish. I only have like two salmon tails and a sardine head so far.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Grandfather Please Let The Light In While Standing With Your Fingertips On The Shoulders  Of My Father While He's Deep Sea Fishing With Jon Batiste For Fishtails In The Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd In Paris, Texas - Eating Sweet Pepper Flavored Tacos Out Of A Kintsugi Fixed Bowl With The Grants, Margaret & Juda Smith At The Taco Truck × VB × A&W :true:

Reveal hidden contents

GPLTLIWSWYFOTSOMFWHDSFFFITTUOBIPT - ESPFTOOAKFBWTGMJSATTTVA:true:

The way that it’s almost not exaggerated :thumb3: 

Spoiler

1.  👨‍👩‍👧
2.  🌊
3. 🧁🍪🍧
4.  🍔🥤
5. Interlude..
6.  🍬🍭
7. Interlude..
8.  ⚜️⚱️
9.  🖐️
10. 🇫🇷,🇺🇸🎬🎥🍿
11.  👴🏻👨👧🎣🦈🌅
12.  💡☀️
13.  👧🏼
14.  🐠
15.  🌶️🫑
16.  🌮🛻 x 🏖️

26 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm putting fishtails in a bag until the release. Then I'll bathe in the fermented juice while listening to the record. 

Luckily I don't eat much fish. I only have like two salmon tails and a sardine head so far.

committing to the original pisces release date i see :diva:

aOaIzH2.gif

I can’t wait until we hear this record in its entirety to get a good grasp on the overall mood she’s trying to convey!

Insiders seem to have given mixed messages about the cohesion of the record, yet none of the statements have been remotely bad—BoZ even said he listens to Judah’s interlude when going through the record despite not caring for it. 

Given other comments from insiders, maybe what unifies the record is the fact that it is multifaceted in reflecting Lana’s inner world, regardless of how “contradictory” it seems. I’m not expecting a huge sonic shift, but I do think the tone of the record will vary considerably!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, Yameena Khatri said:

I'm curious if the samples are gonna sound just like they're in the original versions or if they're interpolated & mixed with additional instruments. We never asked the insiders about this. 👀

Kintsugi implied that (at least some of) the samples won’t simply be overlaid with Lana’s vocals—if I remember correctly, they said something along with lines of them not being as “obvious” as we expect!

I really do hope the second half of the AK song gets included. The atmosphere is really nice and would suit reverb-heavy vocals in my opinion:icant:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

I'm curious if the samples are gonna sound just like they're in the original versions or if they're interpolated & mixed with additional instruments. We never asked the insiders about this. 👀

considering we have the producer credits, that pretty much confirms that the piano samples aren’t directly taken from the songs, rather re-recorded interpolations! i can imagine there will be some additional instrumentation as well but at the very least we can concur that they weren’t just straight up lifted from the original songs haha