Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

17 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Just realized this is her second album with no mean of transport on any of the covers :krylie:

Isn’t it third? 

edit: forgot about the John Deere BB cover

8 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

considering we have the producer credits, that pretty much confirms that the piano samples aren’t directly taken from the songs, rather re-recorded interpolations! i can imagine there will be some additional instrumentation as well but at the very least we can concur that they weren’t just straight up lifted from the original songs haha

We don't have the production credits but the writing credits 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Idk, this album might not necessarily be cohesive in traditional ways that we would expect an album to be, but the track-list and everything shared so far makes me think this will be a very cohesive record in terms of its chaotic, lyrical nature and its focus on her friends and family. I also still think the four sides of the vinyl really do split the record into four different sections, wrapping it all together (Cinematic and wild side A, Raw, strange and experimental side B, diaristic/jazzy/wordy/fragile/emotional side C, and then the crazy, fun and berserk side D)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think for the album release I'll wear a candy necklace, bows similar to the ones Lana wears in the album covers, and eat some tacos with peppers :true:

too bad I don't live near any oceans, other wise I'd eat the tacos in a tunnel underneath ocean blvd :creepna3:

I don't know how I'll honor Fishtail though since, like Lana, I am also a vegetarian...maybe I'll go to an aquarium :brows:

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

the production credits are on the album cover lol

I mean... We know the producers, but we don't know who produced each song, that's what I meant. 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Idk, this album might not necessarily be cohesive in traditional ways that we would expect an album to be, but the track-list and everything shared so far makes me think this will be a very cohesive record in terms of its chaotic, lyrical nature and its focus on her friends and family. I also still think the four sides of the vinyl really do split the record into four different sections, wrapping it all together (Cinematic and wild side A, Raw, strange and experimental side B, diaristic/jazzy/wordy/fragile/emotional side C, and then the crazy, fun and berserk side D)

Doesn't it hurt to be spilling all day?

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

what if margaret is just a song written by jack (given to lana as she mentioned) and labeled as bleachers collaboration but only because instrumental features the band and it’s only lana‘s vocals? 1-C0341-BF-A096-4-E1-C-8-DCD-25-EFAFCEF7

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

I mean... We know the producers, but we don't know who produce each song, that's what I meant. 

yeah but in the context of what i was saying, we do know everyone who had a hand in producing the album, so i think it’s safe to say that the piano samples weren’t lifted directly from the songs they’re sampling, rather they were re-recorded and interpolated for the album. although maybe they were and lana just didn’t want to put the same names on the album cover twice haha

3 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Doesn't it hurt to be spilling all day?

It's my job :ma:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think the album will be cohesive in terms of flow and not necessarily in the same way that cocc was cohesive. Given everything we know from insiders I think the album will have a very smooth flow from start to finish even if peppers and the grants will sound like they’re from different planets if played next to each other. I think the album will be like a synecdoche of the flow and evolution of her life, character and persona

7 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I think for the album release I'll wear a candy necklace, bows similar to the ones Lana wears in the album covers, and eat some tacos with peppers :true:

too bad I don't live near any oceans, other wise I'd eat the tacos in a tunnel underneath ocean blvd :creepna3:

I don't know how I'll honor Fishtail though since, like Lana, I am also a vegetarian...maybe I'll go to an aquarium :brows:

Fishtail is also a hairstyle :dua:

something i’ve been thinking about—y’all know how BOZ said that Candy Necklace has a lot of lore surrounding it lol? well, on iTunes/Apple Music, Jon is credited as a feature on the song, but on the track list mock-up lana posted herself, he wasn’t. granted, there were a lot of mistakes on the mock-up she posted, but i wonder if there was originally a solo version on the album instead and that’s part of why the song has so much lore behind it?

is it reaching for me to think that maybe this will be another FIILY/Hope/Summer Bummer/Groupie Love situation again and the album mix was changed last minute, so even though the digital version will have a feature, the vinyl version might not? just a thought :ma:

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I think the album will be cohesive in terms of flow and not necessarily in the same way that cocc was cohesive. Given everything we know from insiders I think the album will have a very smooth flow from start to finish even if peppers and the grants will sound like they’re from different planets if played next to each other. I think the album will be like a synecdoche of the flow and evolution of her life, character and persona

Well said! It's not going to be a Honeymoon/COCC level of cohesion where everything sounds part of the same universe, but it seems to have a narrative and distinctive sections to the album that make the album as a whole cohesive :et:

8 minutes ago, revadece said:

what if margaret is just a song written by jack (given to lana as she mentioned) and labeled as bleachers collaboration but only because instrumental features the band and it’s only lana‘s vocals? 1-C0341-BF-A096-4-E1-C-8-DCD-25-EFAFCEF7

BOZ said Jack’s voice is present, unfortunately. And he said we won’t like the song if we don’t like his voice.  

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Just now, ShadesOfViolence said:

do we think Ocean Blvd will get a higher score on metacritic than NFR:usrs:

Nope, but people that aren't critics will like this album much more than NFR 

I predict an 8, 8.5 from Pitchfork

I think for the album release I'm going to wear a candy necklace :blush3: and then wait until midnight so I can listen to it on my birthday (25th).

Then I'll smoke cigarettes, throw up and cry, just to be reborn by the slayage of Peppers and Taco Truck x VB