Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

So I’m clowning but I believe the LDR village when it went down being white and Lana’s site being black was an Easter egg for the vinyl variants (Black being standard and white being Webstore exclusive) 🤡💀

5 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The new song could potentially kill all her momentum the same way LMLYLAW and the Blue Banisters album did :rip:

it’s not going to kill the momentum for this album because the vast majority of fans enjoy the song, many people weren’t fans of LMLYLAW and Blue Banisters straight off the bat. I actually haven’t seen this much collective love in the fanbase for a lead single since Mariners

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

it’s not going to kill the momentum for this album because the vast majority of fans enjoy the song, many people weren’t fans of LMLYLAW and the Blue Banisters straight off the bat. I actually haven’t seen this much collective love in the fanbase for a lead single since Mariners

We’ll see about that. Let see how much they stream the song if they love it so much.

8 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The way I was optimistic that she was going to take advantage of her recent streaming power but nope. The new song could potentially kill all her momentum the same way LMLYLAW and the Blue Banisters album did :rip:.

You know I was hyped for WaterColor Eyes as well and that was TERRIBLE. It was praised here too which is so ******* weird and bizarre :rip:. Now people completely forgot about that song and never talked about it again. It really feels like an echo chamber in regards to Lana. I know music is subjective but like her music to me has been on a very striking downward spiral. This new song did nothing to reverse that. NOTHING.

It really pisses me off because there’s already a song I don’t like on the album. The same happened with Chemtrails. I didn’t like LMLYLAW at all, and I couldn’t get into most of that album because of that. The three buzz BB singles. I also didn’t like. BB ended being her worst album for me. Her albums used to have ZERO SKIPS (Well, LFL has a few skips but most of the album is still good).

Now I’m genuinely struggling to call myself a fan anymore because I only like her music from BTD - NFR. Maybe it’s me and not her. I can play her old albums in full. Her new stuff I just can’t. There’s maybe only one or two songs I like from her recent albums and that is so sad.

Maybe she just isn’t for you anymore. That’s ok. 

8V7Yvel.png

I just woke up, do we know anything more?

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

22 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The way I was optimistic that she was going to take advantage of her recent streaming power but nope. The new song could potentially kill all her momentum the same way LMLYLAW and the Blue Banisters album did :rip:.

You know I was hyped for WaterColor Eyes as well and that was TERRIBLE. It was praised here too which is so ******* weird and bizarre :rip:. Now people completely forgot about that song and never talked about it again. It really feels like an echo chamber in regards to Lana. I know music is subjective but like her music to me has been on a very striking downward spiral. This new song did nothing to reverse that. NOTHING.

It really pisses me off because there’s already a song I don’t like on the album. The same happened with Chemtrails. I didn’t like LMLYLAW at all, and I couldn’t get into most of the album because of that. The three buzz BB singles. I also didn’t like. BB ended being her worst album for me. Her albums used to have ZERO SKIPS (Well, LFL has a few skips but most of the album is still good).

Now I’m genuinely struggling to call myself a fan anymore because I only like her music from BTD - NFR. Maybe it’s me and not her. I can play her old albums in full. Her new stuff I just can’t. There’s maybe only one or two songs I like from her recent albums and that is so sad.

…okay :azealia:

1 minute ago, Fever said:

i'll never understand why people are kinda obsessed w her streaming figs. i mean maybe if u were a lana fan from yesterday, and as talented as she is, she's never really cared about all that stuff so why's she gonna do it now? it just doesn't seem her style 

I'm personally over sales vs charts drama, but for me, it reeks of immaturity. They want something to validate their tastes since they can't fight back against post NFR's critical acclaim

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

she's an artist, she's a person. and yes, industry wise, i get why people might have motivations to raise her stuff, but it kinda just puts me off a bit if it's too much. she's a human being, not a commodity, idk since when her art's been reflecting that, but take her as she is, isn't that the beauty of enjoying someone, as they are? why ask them to change themselves for ur benefit? bc of numbers? kinda weird imo

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, Fever said:

i'll never understand why people are kinda obsessed w her streaming figs. i mean maybe if u were a lana fan from yesterday, and as talented as she is, she's never really cared about all that stuff so why's she gonna do it now? it just doesn't seem her style 

It’s also the fact that like… even with her not caring about streams people are still tuning in by the millions every day and listening to her art. She has no need to appease streaming/TikTok algorithms at this point in her career. 50 million people may not be listening to the same song but 10 million are listening to different pieces of her discography because it’s quality, it’s timeless and it speaks to people’s souls….

Spoiler

Unless they’re listening to lust for life :lmao:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lana has NEVER appealed to streaming, yet her work has continued to snowball in streams especially in the last year. 

I don’t believe Lana’s career is fragile enough for every new album to be a ‘make or break’ in terms of losing fans. 

While I may not adore some of her newer work, I know she’s making what she wants and telling her story and for that I’ll always be grateful and always listen. 

I am not sure why people come on here acting like they signed their life away to be a Lana fan and they can’t get out. No one is keeping you here. It does feel however that some people go into her newer work with a presumption (that may or may not be as a result of her change in aesthetics and appearance) that they won’t like it, and don’t even try to

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif