Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

guys, I didn’t know the film “paris, texas’, could u tell me what it talks about? 

This is the general plot synopsis from Wikipedia that explains it way better than I ever could:

The plot focuses on a traumatized man named Travis who, after mysteriously wandering out of the desert in a dissociative fugue, attempts to reunite with his brother and seven-year-old son . After reconnecting with his son, Travis and the boy end up embarking on a voyage through the American Southwest to track down Travis' long-missing wife 

However, I think it's one of those films you really have to watch to get. It's one of the most beautiful and honestly introspective movies I've ever seen

imageproxy.jpg

36 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

and then BoZ saying the song titles don't even make sense even after hearing the songs :eartha:

i thought he said they don’t make sense until you hear the songs? i guess i read that wrong lmao

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

1 minute ago, mrborntolose said:

i thought he said they don’t make sense until you’ve hear the songs? i guess i read that wrong lmao

oh i definitely typed that wrong, my brain isn't working this afternoon 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I hope we get a sexy but slow song like Yayo or Mermaid Motel :cumming:

Maybe Fishtail or Peppers will give me that but I feel like they are going to be on the midtempo/lowkey bop side (which is great too)

This album is going to destroy me :dance:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope we get a sexy but slow song like Yayo or Mermaid Motel :cumming:

Maybe Fishtail or Peppers will give me that but I feel like they are going to be on the midtempo/lowkey bop side (which is great too)

This album is going to destroy me :dance:

My guess would be Candy Necklace :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, bluedealer said:

not Kali releasing an album in March too, I mean slay but.. why do main pop girlies always release the same month (or close) as Lana. I don't care about charts but that's weird :horror2: :dua:

Kali’s probably trying to release this record early in the year bc she’s planning to drop another album this year 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

28 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Since there are 8 weeks to wait (9 if you count release week) this is the perfect time to start listening to one album every week until Ocean Blvd is out! :smile:

There's even room for AKA or Violet (or both if you group BTD and Paradise together lol)

To do all of them I'm thinking I might do this:

This week: AKA

Jan. 30th - Born to Die/Paradise

Feb. 6th - Ultraviolence 

Feb. 13th - Honeymoon

Feb. 20th - Lust for Life

Feb. 27th - Norman Fucking Rockwell 

March 6th - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

March 13th - Chemtrails Over the Country Club 

March 20th (release week) - Blue Banisters

Or I might skip Violet and give Paradise its own week idk 

joining u! i haven't listened to the albums in a while. im too lazy for it, usually i'm just playing the playlist lol

5 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

not Kali releasing an album in March too, I mean slay but.. why do main pop girlies always release the same month (or close) as Lana. I don't care about charts but that's weird :horror2: :dua:

i mean people are always releasing music haha i don’t think it has anything to do with lana whatsoever or that it’s weird, however march is usually always especially packed with new releases anyway because there’s not as much music released from november-february because of the holidays and the industry getting back into the swing of things after the holidays

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i mean people are always releasing music haha i don’t think it has anything to do with lana whatsoever or that it’s weird, however march is usually always especially packed with new releases anyway because there’s not as much music released from november-february because of the holidays and the industry getting back into the swing of things after the holidays

@bluedealer tried to investigate a sabotage in the music industry himself —"I looked for evidence".

33 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

guys, I didn’t know the film “paris, texas’, could u tell me what it talks about? 

i think the main elements about it is its western/americana vibe and visuals and the iconic nastassja kinski's pink sweater look that early lana was clearly inspired by :et: makes me think of something like cocc meets aka/btd...

Kintsugi is giving me Pawn Shop Blues and Fine China vibes for sure

From what we know about the lyrics it seems like it will be a similar song about loss and finding beauty in that 

I always felt like PSB and Fine China went together well, especially with the visuals of fine china, old silver, dresses with tags still on them just seem like things you would find in a Pawn shop or like things she would be selling along with the earrings that were so special to her

Kintsugi, or broken plates/vases repaired with gold also seem like things you find in a pawn shop or that you would be selling and letting go of :true:

The only collab I've ever really wanted from Lana is an FJM collab and I'm getting that so I win :understand:

imageproxy.jpg

TBH I kinda hope she's Snow On The Beach'd one of her collabs on this album just for revenge. I would giggle. 

Edit: If she SOTB'd The Bleachers I would not not be kinda glad...

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift