Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, lilac heaven said:

idk about y’all but my goal in life is to simply not work… now i personally don’t have any talents that would allow me to ever reach that point but if you were like lana and did reach the point where you had more than enough money to live luxuriously for the rest of your life without doing anything, and the music you released spoke for itself, why would you still want to continue working so much and doing so much ridiculous promotion? :rip:

so that she can share her art and from of self expression w more ppl. I think she's much more ambitious than she comes off. The fact that one of her favourite books is "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill is very telling. Nonetheless, I understand what ur saying; I'm not even rich and I'm still lazy.

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Honestly, I’d rather hear what Lana’s most recent thoughts are in song-form every 14-15 months than have glossy visuals, extravagant tours, and fluff that doesn’t have to do with the music. It’s great if she does those things, but they’re not necessary for me to stay engaged as a fan.

I want to know about her karmic family lineage and all of the deepest, darkest thoughts she’s willing to share! But I don’t need to have Lana serve a look in Gucci on the cover of V Magazine (but again, she’s more than welcome to 💅).

agreed. also I'm dying to know about her karmic family lineage and childhood (however much she's willing to share)...

lana is giving us an 80 min long album less than 2 years after dropping two albums in a year. fuck the tour and fuck the music videos, we’re already blessed. 

and regardless of whether insiders know of upcoming music videos, it’s extremely unlikely that she isn’t going to create at least one. she’s had music videos for every single album, there’s no reason why she wouldn’t for tunnel. it can literally just be pretty visuals of the ocean or her singing to the camera. she created some low effort and simple music videos for the past albums, so why wouldn’t she do the same for this one? i don’t get the mv panic especially when it’s only january.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 minutes ago, Blossom said:

so that she can share her art and from of self expression w more ppl. I think she's much more ambitious than she comes off. The fact that one of her favourite books is "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill is very telling. Nonetheless, I understand what ur saying; I'm not even rich and I'm still lazy.

idk i mean atp i think everyone in her demographic knows very well who she is, there’s not many more people she can reach through promotion at this point in her career. the only reason for it from her end would just be to get more of those people to buy the album

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Honestly, I’d rather hear what Lana’s most recent thoughts are in song-form every 14-15 months than have glossy visuals, extravagant tours, and fluff that doesn’t have to do with the music. It’s great if she does those things, but they’re not necessary for me to stay engaged as a fan.

This is how I feel as well. I mean, creating a completely new record itself is a lot of work, and I know if I were her and had been in the industry that long, I’d probably just want to chill and make art without the excess promotional aspect as well. 

I totally get why people love the visuals/tours/etc, but I think it’s also important to remember she’s human as well. At this point, she doesn’t really need promotion, and she’s mentioned tours being taxing as well (not to mention her personal safety!), but who knows! Maybe she’ll surprise us, but I’m personally pretty content with just getting albums right now (as long as she’s willing)!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

twink at 30 omg they ended up complimenting u.. but the official magazine account dmd you and called u names ?? or u mean ppl in comments ?

losing it at the idea of a magazine calling me a faggot :trisha:

no it was a bunch of children obviously. I’ve moved on. This is what I get for trying to be helpful. They really came for me though ;)

faSE.gif

Lana is at that stage of her career where she has such a large catalog of music and devoted fans to be allowed take ten steps back from the draining nature of tour life, the toxicity of stalkers/obsessed lunatics out there, and return to places that she feels safe and most comfortable in. Clearly that space is at home with her friends and family. She is a human being set for life and not a machine that needs to pump out videos, tour 24/7 to make a buck. I'm personally super grateful we get new music of such high caliber so often, that everything else falls to the wayside for me.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

idk it just kind of surprises me to see how much people still expect from her when she’s done nothing to warrant it besides the first 3 years of her mainstream career when she literally had to 😭 i think the lyrics of God Knows I Tried, Swan Song, How to Disappear, and The Greatest put this conversation to rest though. we’ve heard her own take on this from the legend herself many times

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Lana is at that stage of her career where she has such a large catalog of music and devoted fans to be allowed take ten steps back from the draining nature of tour life, the toxicity of stalkers/obsessed lunatics out there, and return to places that she feels safe and most comfortable in. Clearly that space is at home with her friends and family. She is a human being set for life and not a machine that needs to pump out videos, tour 24/7 to make a buck. I'm personally super grateful we get new music of such high caliber so often, that everything else falls to the wayside for me.

I mean, yeah, look at Kate Bush - her career is over 40 years old, but she's only had one tour... Some artists don't like to perform in front of a lot of people and prefer to just write songs from time to time. I think Lana is one of those.

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

idk it just kind of surprises me to see how much people still expect from her when she’s done nothing to warrant it besides the first 3 years of her mainstream career when she literally had to 😭 i think the lyrics of God Knows I Tried, Swan Song, How to Disappear, and The Greatest put this conversation to rest though. we’ve heard her own take on this from the legend herself many times

Yep, and even in the Honeymoon era she said like twenty different times that her managers would have to make her promote her music and if she had her way she would just release and never promote her records 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I mean, yeah, look at Kate Bush - her career is over 40 years old, but she's only had one tour... Some artists don't like to perform in front of a lot of people and prefer to just write songs from time to time. I think Lana is one of those.

Exactly 

guys it's perfectly normal to feel underwhelmed from the lack of promo/visuals... no one says the music isn't the most important thing but acting like Lana's artistry and career longevity is based only off the music itself is just ignorant. we're just expecting a cute lil music video and some bulid up to the era which is, well, pretty much important to how the album itself is received by fans/gp... why are y'all taking it to another extreme acting like we're expecting her to be on some dua lipa shit performing and doing mv's for everything. :facepalm:

it's literally so obvious that music can be perceived better with a visual linked to it, majority of her albums were well promoted with a great visual introduction to the era/ creating a whole universe for it, meanwhile her last two albums were ok but somehow lacked its own identity 

it's not like we're gonna die without tour and visuals, i'll be for sure super satisfied if the music is great so that's ok, but y'all acting like everything else doesn't matter at all is weird to me

Merch, tour, and Sweet/Candy Necklace double single :oprah4:

Sure, Lana doesn't "owe fans anything" or whatever that fucking means lmao. No one is saying she owes anyone anything, however, it's not crazy for fans to want her to be clearer and professional and want her to do things pretty much every single artist does. People who are even more private than Lana still do interviews and go on tours.  My mom works in the music industry and knows people who have worked with Lana and they said she was always changing her mind and backing out of things (they said they love her though and that she's very nice:kiss3:) Lana is extremely messy when it comes to her career and I hate people who have this high and mighty attitude acting like they are better than other fans who want a proper era and would like Lana to do more than drop an album every year or so. Lana's entire career was basically launched because she had great aesthetics, and while the music was also great, I don't think she would've been the Lana Del Rey she is today without her aesthetics. Music videos, photoshoots, performances can really add a lot to an album and i'm not surprised the last few eras haven fallen flat for a lot of people because there has been a lack of those things. Her delaying the album and then never reposting the post about the delay is literally the laziest thing she could do. This is probably my question for the culture moment, but it is something that bothers me, and I needed to speak on it lol. Lana can do whatever tf she wants but it is not surprising to me that her lack of any type of promo bothers people!:typewriter:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

guys it's perfectly normal to feel underwhelmed from the lack of promo/visuals... no one says the music isn't the most important thing but acting like Lana's artistry and career longevity is based only off the music itself is just ignorant. we're just expecting a cute lil music video and some bulid up to the era which is, well, pretty much important to how the album itself is received by fans/gp... why are y'all taking it to another extreme acting like we're expecting her to be on some dua lipa shit performing and doing mv's for everything. :facepalm:

it's literally so obvious that music can be perceived better with a visual linked to it, majority of her albums were well promoted with a great visual introduction to the era/ creating a whole universe for it, meanwhile her last two albums were ok but somehow lacked its own identity 

it's not like we're gonna die without tour and visuals, i'll be for sure super satisfied if the music is great so that's ok, but y'all acting like everything else doesn't matter at all is weird to me

Literally this

i’m also surprised that people don’t think lana already has built a very strong legacy and is already down in the books as one of the most influential artists of our time, hell i think she cemented that legacy after Honeymoon, she’s not some pop girl on her second album, longevity isn’t really something to worry about with her anymore

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Sure, Lana doesn't "owe fans anything" or whatever that fucking means lmao. No one is saying she owes anyone anything, however, it's not crazy for fans to want her to be clearer and professional and want her to do things pretty much every single artist does. People who are even more private than Lana still do interviews and go on tours.  My mom works in the music industry and knows people who have worked with Lana and they said she was always changing her mind and backing out of things (they said they love her though and that she's very nice:kiss3:) Lana is extremely messy when it comes to her career and I hate people who have this high and mighty attitude acting like they are better than other fans who want a proper era and would like Lana to do more than drop an album every year or so. Lana's entire career was basically launched because she had great aesthetics, and while the music was also great, I don't think she would've been the Lana Del Rey she is today without her aesthetics. Music videos, photoshoots, performances can really add a lot to an album and i'm not surprised the last few eras haven fallen flat for a lot of people because there has been a lack of those things. Her delaying the album and then never reposting the post about the delay is literally the laziest thing she could do. This is probably my question for the culture moment, but it is something that bothers me, and I needed to speak on it lol. Lana can do whatever tf she wants but it is not surprising to me that her lack of any type of promo bothers people!:typewriter:

also love lana and only want the best for her but it is hard to feel bad for someone who has more money than i can ever imagine not wanting to do the basics of their job, while i am working while in college just so i can afford my shithole apartment and doing things i don't want to do every single day. :um2:

We are specifically talking about tours and people being upset, crying and feeling entitled that they don't get to be in her presence every time she releases an album. Again, like mentioned before, 

Kate Bush played her last full live concert on 14 May 1979.

Does this mean that Kate Bush has been forgotten? That she doesn't have a legacy? Absolutely not. That woman is a music legend! No one in here said we won't be getting any music videos or promotion or you're not allowed to feel upset towards her lack of promotion. All people are saying is that she's been like this her entire career. We'll get a music video soon if you calm your ass down! We're two months away from the album, and she's released music videos for every single record to date.