Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

The song has just hit cause the chorus describes exactly my emotional situation rn i just have a hard time admitting it

:wowcry:

Don't forget me
When it's gonna be my turn?
Open me up, tell me you like it
Fuck me to death, love me until I love myself
There's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard

1 minute ago, blackpalmtrees said:

The song has just hit cause the chorus describes exactly my emotional situation rn i just have a hard time admitting it

:wowcry:

Don't forget me
When it's gonna be my turn?
Open me up, tell me you like it
Fuck me to death, love me until I love myself
There's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard

:dua:

okay so idk who's gonna read this but the song finally clicked for me and this is my personal take on the meaning.

i saw someone on here talking about Lana singing often about beauty and youth, and listening to Ocean Blvd i can really see that.

when she opens the song with "Did u know...?"

almost like flipping through a photo album and telling us about this beautiful tunnel that not everybody knows about but that was once gorgeous and open for people to see, almost like someone showing you photos of when they were younger and telling you about what their life was like.

when she says "open me up tell me you like it" to me it's almost like "will you still love me when i'm no longer young and beautiful"

like time is passing but tell me that if you open me up you can still like me, i can still turn you on (fuck me to death)

and obviously the "don't forget me like the tunnel under ocean blvd" cause she knows time is passing but she's still trying to make herself worth of something, she's trying to show that she's still young and beautiful and doesnt wanna be forgotten cause she's still shining.

at the end of the day, she is the tunnel.

idk my take on it no one's gonna read this long ass post lmaooo:blush3:

13 minutes ago, wheresthatboyfromdreams said:

i still thinking about whom dykttatuob? jack or sean? it's definitely not hermosa, it would be cringe to produce a song where she directly asks you to fuck her

I don’t interpret Ocean Blvd as being about any man. It’s a very self reflective song; I don’t believe she’s directly singing about a person, rather she’s discussing her place in all of her relationships in general. It’s a song about insecurity, codependency, and interpersonal instability, not being horny lol

7 hours ago, wheresthatboyfromdreams said:

i'm still thinking about whom dykttatuob? jack or sean? it's definitely not hermosa, it would be cringe to produce a song where she directly asks you to fuck her

Mike is also co-writer

i've honestly just been thinkin about the little deaths described in history when someone orgasms, and how the tunnel's a kind of path for u to be reborn. and personally, how the song's so transformational in how at first set of listens, it was honestly so disturbingly beautiful and haunting to listen to drawing from personal experiences, but how i realized and take it now as something hopeful from a bleakness, a tired landscape. 

i personally believe in acting in ways to future tense honor my past, so maybe forgetting for her, might also be attributed to a past self, an inner child that still needs loving. i honestly tear up at that line cus that can just be a really lonely place to be. and w how long she must've been emotionally working towards and working for a good type of love. 

also her body lyric can also be attributed to her body of work, body of self, humanity and of plainly put, existence and how camarillo's just a pretty hall of mirrors that she utilizes when u sort of want to camouflage feelings/ states of being/ vulnerability/ authenticity that others aren't prepared and/or equipped for no matter the glamour or amount of security a person might have, there's no escaping a part of yourself that you feel might've changed or even died in you. it can be difficult to reconcile within and what more share w another person risking the reminder of how real it is even if it's unseen. 

i applaud her for this, and i just wanna give her a big hug and a coconut drink after. w the pretty umbrellas 

UV/Honeymoon

There's a girl that sings "Hotel California" 
Not because she loves the notes or sounds that sound like Florida
It's because she's in a world preserved, only a few have found the door

:krylie:

side note i really can’t get used to the “YEAH-EH-YEAH” by the background singer at the end, it’s so jarring and random. only part of the song i dislike 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Does anyone notice at the end of the song you hear a man’s voice say a line it sounds very much like FJM or Jonathan Wilson both whom are close to lana (I can only hear these w headphones on, you’ll have to listen closely). But I would be interested to know who it is, I enjoy Jonathan Wilson’s music yet I would lowkey br like ooo if it was him bc of their history and they haven’t been seen together in years.

as strange as it might sound, but what i love especially about all this is the uniqueness of the song, and lana's exploration of being and the soul, or at least that's how i think about it. it's liberating in a sense cus in ways, these topics aren't really talked about, and there's a comfort in sort of wanting that, being freaky but still reigning things in, in a genuine way. it's honestly refreshing and personally i think it's perfect. 

UV/Honeymoon

i dont know why but ''fuck me to the death, love me until i love myself" takes me to the same place that "do you think if i go blonde we could get our old love back" takes.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

21 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i dont know why but ''fuck me to the death, love me until i love myself" takes me to the same place that "do you think if i go blonde we could get our old love back" takes.

It's so specific and it yet applies to so many of us (myself included). I'm telling you, when Ms Grant puts that PEN to work...she's dangerous (and I love her for it)

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: