Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

March 24. It happens. Lana Del Rey releases a DOUBLE ALBUM. LDR X (only digital)

1 minute ago, takemetothegasstation said:

It's deeper and deeper, harder and harder. Lana loves getting fucked, and loves to sing about it!

:wtf3:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

just adding my two cents even though nobody asked but frm day 1 as a woman the whole "omg & tunnel is also a double meaning for her p*ssy" really grossed me out like.. as if women & their body parts aren't compared to inanimate objects enough as is.

Jesus.. p sure she literally just meant she doesn't want to be forgotten & that is fine lol

Just now, burthday kake said:

just adding my two cents even though nobody asked but frm day 1 as a woman the whole "omg & tunnel is also a double meaning for her p*ssy" really grossed me out like.. as if women & their body parts aren't compared to  inanimate objects enough as is.

Jesus.. p sure she literally just meant she doesn't want to be forgotten and that is fine lol

there is a word i would like to say but i'm pretty sure i would get mob attacked if i did so let me just keep my mouth shut :hillary:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

some of the users in this thread really need to re-evaluate how they view lana as a person... probably women in general, lana talking about her sexuality doesn't give you the right to make weird/inappropriate comments about her... :eartha2: i feel like this has become such a problem ever since ocean boulevard dropped or the photo with her boob out, it's disappointing to see how many people do not know how to act

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

12 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i know you’re joking (or i hope you are) but i actually really dislike this joke for some reason :toofunny: it’s so much deeper and more meaningful than that, it feels odd to turn it into an innuendo :bebe:

omg I found it😭

A woman embracing her autonomy and sexuality does not give you a free pass to sexualize her existence. Lana can write lyrics about her experiences without it being something other people, particularly men, use for a quick laugh or even to be a thirsty creep over. I think a lot of you tend to forget that you can be a fan of a woman whilst still not treating women in a respectful manner. 

To tie this back to the album, I do think that Lana isn't going to shy away from topics like that. However, it's in her hands and it's her story to tell. It's not there for men to fantasize about her or make gross comments at her. She's a blunt artist and that's clear in her lyrics that we've seen from this album alone. But like I said, that's not a free pass for men. 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

A woman embracing her autonomy and sexuality does not give you a free pass to sexualize her existence. Lana can write lyrics about her experiences without it being something other people, particularly men, use for a quick laugh or even to be a thirsty creep over. I think a lot of you tend to forget that you can be a fan of a woman whilst still not treating women in a respectful manner. 

Period.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

13 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

It's deeper and deeper, harder and harder. Lana loves getting fucked, and loves to sing about it!

and everyday y’all wonder why she doesn’t want to associate herself with you weirdos anymore :toofloppy:

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

To tie this back to the album, I do think that Lana isn't going to shy away from topics like that. However, it's in her hands and it's her story to tell. It's not there for men to fantasize about her or make gross comments at her. She's a blunt artist and that's clear in her lyrics that we've seen from this album alone. But like I said, that's not a free pass for men. 

Perfectly said :gclap:

It’s really disappointing to come in here and see tired and unoriginal comments about her “bussy” (and I mean???), the rest of the internet is so gross and critical over Lana and her body, can we just not here?

15 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Incel #235 on LanaBoards :scoff:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

(circling back to old convos unprovoked,) i’ve been a “Lennon in the back” truther since him & Nilsson worked on Pussy Cats together but recently I’ve also been thinking on how both men also actually lived quite similar lives & that's another correlation. They were famous 60s/70s musicians who became friends & died fairly early, tragic deaths- Lennon was shot at 40, Nilsson died of a heart attack at 52. Besides that we know Lana generally has sought comfort in the “idols” she has, whether they’re dead or alive, like many of us do...

Ive often split the lyrics up as such:

Harry Nilsson has a song, his voice breaks at 2:05

Something about the way he says ‘don’t forget me’ makes me feel like

I just wish I had a friend like him, someone to give me five

Lennon in the back whisperin in my ear ‘come on, baby, you can thrive’

but I can’t” 

as in she cannot thrive. 

However now i’m thinking it’s: 

Harry Nilsson has a song, his voice breaks at 2:05

Something about the way he says ‘Don’t forget me’ makes me feel like

I just wish I had a friend like him, someone to give me five

Lennon in the back whisperin in my ear ‘come on, baby, you can thrive’

but I can’t” 

linked to the entire verse/bridge, as in despite the strong connection she feels to them through their work etc, she knows she can’t ever have them (or any of her other big inspirations.. Amy, Kurt, Marilyn, Jim, Elvis, Leonard etc) as her real life friends- she can’t get that high five from Harry or those positive affirmations from John. Both of them would be roughly 80 years old if they were still alive today, so it’s not like it wouldve been impossible for her to have maybe met them one day or atleast gone to a show of theirs or something, had life circumstances simply been different & that's also a sombering realisation to make..... especially when you yourself are pondering "whens it gonna be my turn? Don't forget me!" 

it also makes me think back to her interview w Clash

“When I was studying philosophy my teacher told me that it’s okay to feel like the people you’re closest to aren’t alive anymore. Sometimes that is the best company to keep. It’s about the people that pondered the same questions as you did, and had the same sort of life mentality as you. I was upset and inspired by that premise.

I knew then, really, that my closest friends would be people I have never really met before.”

:crying4: I dont think her mindset on this has changed at all thru the years