Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

2 minutes ago, Louise said:

Like our bodies betray us. We have goals, but maybe too tired to accomplish them. What Lana is inside is beautiful and handcrafted like Jergins Tunnel, with its mosaic walls and painted ceiling. But it is blocked on either side so noone can enter . . . the limitations of the physical self to the beauty inside . . . or what is intended.

sorry but :lmaoney:

and also for giving me Margaret

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Lennon and leanin both make sense. Lennon cause he produced the Harry album and leaning cause someone is whispering in her ear.

Thanx. I didn't know Lennon produced the Harry album. Another level of meaning to the jewel which is DYK poetry!

32 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

as much as “marred” makes sense i hear the “i” sound in mind :hooker: i literally just listened to it over n over trying to figure it out. i think shes saying she feels that her body, mind, and soul are handmade beauties sealed up by manmade walls

I thought it was body mind my soul  this entire time and every time people said Marred I was like?? That word can’t be real 

If it is mind (it's not) then she should change it because marred is far superior. I can't help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul is truly one of her most profound lyrics ever :cryney2:

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

OK glad we can agree on the first two, but I still think it’s “my body marred my soul”!

If we say it’s “mind”, the full lyric would then be “I can’t help but feel somewhat like my body, mind, my soul.” This feels like a redundant thought because, as a person, Lana is her body, mind and soul. Of course she’s going to feel like her body, mind, and soul. This doesn’t add anything to the narrative of the song. 

“I can’t help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul” makes more sense to me———because this means that her body and her physical being have taken focus away from her soul. This links to the next line: “handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls”. 

So, like the beauty of the tunnel not being appreciated by the public because it was sealed up, Lana’s soul (and true inner beauty) is not being appreciated by the public because her body has “marred” it. 

As @fl0r1dakil0s said, I wanna say the song draws comparison between her body, mind and her soul “are like” handmade beauty sealed up like two man made walls i.e the tunnel which is closed and this goes to show how her being cancelled for her thoughts, her body and everything are at risk of being forgotten and also how all three of those things are built up by the public i.e opinions of people about her, her legacy, her music and her thoughts. 

The entire song is her relating to the tunnel unlike black bathing suit which is about body shaming and she makes it known very clearly. Lana always lets her audience know what she’s talking about as the song wraps. 

Also, no cursive way of singing can convince me that she isn’t singing “mind” but marred. When you sing something with a vowel like an “ah” sound it doesn’t need to be closed but she actually sings “ind” sound which ends differently. She’s also not singing marred as maahurd (british tone). 

Apple Music (which is what I use), Spotify and Genuis all three didn’t get the lyrics right. 

ps: the whole thing about it’s “leanin’ and not lenin’” is the context. “I just wish I had a friend like him…Leanin’ in my back whispering in my ears…”  same as what I discussed above. 

8Qg234E.gif

1 hour ago, Fingertips said:

Feels like a huge stretch to me, sorry!

I disagree babes. I think Marred is a big stretch, sorry! 

8Qg234E.gif

3 minutes ago, Sweet said:

As @fl0r1dakil0s said, I wanna say the song draws comparison between her body, mind and her soul “are like” handmade beauty sealed up like two man made walls i.e the tunnel which is closed and this goes to show how her being cancelled for her thoughts, her body and everything are at risk of being forgotten and also how all three of those things are built up by the public i.e opinions of people about her, her legacy, her music and her thoughts. 

The entire song is her relating to the tunnel unlike black bathing suit which is about body shaming and she makes it known very clearly. Lana always lets her audience know what she’s talking about as the song wraps. 

Also, no cursive way of singing can convince me that she isn’t singing “mind” but marred. When you sing something with a vowel like an “ah” sound it doesn’t need to be closed but she actually sings “ind” sound which ends differently. She’s also not singing marred as maahurd (british tone). 

Apple Music (which is what I use), Spotify and Genuis all three didn’t get the lyrics right. 

ps: the whole thing about it’s “leanin’ and not lenin’” is the context. “I just wish I had a friend like him…Leanin’ in my back whispering in my ears…”  same as what I discussed above. 

these are exactly my thoughts. it may not have perfect grammar but lana is known for that. the “my body marred my soul” thematically doesn’t fit in with the message of the song. well said :true:

5 minutes ago, Fever said:

Lana yanny laurel’d us when it turns out the vocal layering’s both those things

I’m CRINE :hype:

8Qg234E.gif

it was always obviously mind. And I'm hard of hearing. Some of yall just aren't that brilliant maybe,,,,,,like marred doesn't fit at all the context? stop trying to read nihlism into everything you pretentious pretenders of profoud potential, Nah! Not buying it! Sorry!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Just now, Pretty On The Indide said:

it was always obviously mind. And I'm hard of hearing. Some of yall just aren't that brilliant maybe,,,,,,like marred doesn't fit at all the context? stop trying to read nihlism into everything you pretentious pretenders of profoud potential, Nah! Not buying it! Sorry!

:scoff:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I'm hard of hearing.

Ok so it’s “marred” then :oprah3:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Some of you must be trolling at this point. Like it's one thing to say you hear mind and justify why, but it's another to suggest that marred wouldn't make any sense. Anyways, there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd.