Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

honestly i feel like the dark pink will be one of the rarer ones

i know it looks like there's a lot since they're being sold by target & hmv but i know that vinyls at target (especially ones by popular artists) sell fast

that vinyl was actually briefly sold out on the target website before they "restocked"

and they never repress so i think it'll actually be probably one of the rarest

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

hell, my local record store still has the Chemtrails indie exclusive Blue RSD vinyl in stock from Black Friday 2021 (the one with the cover of her and the wolf)

Same with my store :true: I kept putting it off, if it's still there I may have to buy it after Christmas :hooker:

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

honestly i feel like the dark pink will be one of the rarer ones

i know it looks like there's a lot since they're being sold by target & hmv but i know that vinyls at target (especially ones by popular artists) sell fast

that vinyl was actually briefly sold out on the target website before they "restocked"

and they never repress so i think it'll actually be probably one of the rarest

i’m so torn on this because both of the Targets that I go to had the Blue Banisters and Chemtrails exclusives available in store for at least like 3 months before I stopped seeing them. given the fact that they don’t put all of their stock online, and that lana is popular enough for her vinyl to be sold in the vast majority of their retail stores, they have to be pressing a lotttttt

Reading the bits about plants being backed up (for a looong time now), I need big artists to stop releasing 20 variants of a mid album. I'm sorry but no one needs 12 variants of Special by Lizzo or 20 by Red Hot Chilli peppers newest album. Most of these variats arent even sold on independent record stores. Oh and the variants just give the labels an extra reason to sub-charge for mnaufcatrered rarity. The variants for this album show a bit of more purpose with the sleeve designs being specific to each record.

anyways rant over, I'm loving the red variant 

personally rn i feel like the white will be the most rare since it is just from her webstore & not a big retailer. i think the light pink will be the second most rare bc it is already sold out on most anazon sites & the email from lana's store shows that one as sold out yet none of the others are shown that way which makes me think it really will not be restocked. then i would say the dark pink bc it seems like with cotcc, it will be available thru a different retailer in each country instead of just target/hmv like with bb. & i feel like the green might be the most available of the alt variants bc it seems like it is available at even more indie stores than her indie exclusive usually is plus if it is the one urban outfitters gets, it will definitely be a little more abundant. then of course i think the standard will be the easiest to find bc for years after it will probably be the only one sold. but i am not an expert on what retailers get restocks usually, so this is all just my assumptions.

summarized assumption (rare to least rare):

white

light pink

dark pink

green

black

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

3 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

Reading the bits about plants being backed up (for a looong time now), I need big artists to stop releasing 20 variants of a mid album. I'm sorry but no one needs 12 variants of Special by Lizzo or 20 by Red Hot Chilli peppers newest album. Most of these variats arent even sold on independent record stores. Oh and the variants just give the labels an extra reason to sub-charge for mnaufcatrered rarity. The variants for this album show a bit of more purpose with the sleeve designs being specific to each record.

anyways rant over, I'm loving the red variant 

This why I think it’s cool Trent Reznor only has Black made for his albums, A high quality product, And he’s not going to milk his fan base…

Spoiler

After I post this, They’re going to announce a beige Downward Spiral…

:thumb3:

IMG-3521.jpg

2 minutes ago, the new snow song said:

personally rn i feel like the white will be the most rare since it is just from her webstore & not a big retailer. i think the light pink will be the second most rare bc it is already sold out on most anazon sites & the email from lana's store shows that one as sold out yet none of the others are shown that way which makes me think it really will not be restocked. then i would say the dark pink bc it seems like with cotcc, it will be available thru a different retailer in each country instead of just target/hmv like with bb. & i feel like the green might be the most available of the alt variants bc it seems like it is available at even more indie stores than her indie exclusive usually is plus if it is the one urban outfitters gets, it will definitely be a little more abundant. then of course i think the standard will be the easiest to find bc for years after it will probably be the only one sold. but i am not an expert on what retailers get restocks usually, so this is all just my assumptions.

summarized assumption (rare to least rare):

white

light pink

dark pink

green

black

I think this is a pretty accurate assessment, at least from what I am thinking also.

Well. :toofunny: After going completely overboard with NFR (lime green, alt. cover pink, and translucent blue vinyl, plus the glitter cassette and the signed CD) and especially with Chemtrails (green, red, and blue vinyl, plus the Spotify-exclusive picture disc and the alt. cover picture disc, plus the alt. cover CD, plus the boxset + signed art card) and holding back with Blue Banisters (which admittedly was easy because most things were impossible to get for me lmao) where I only got the red vinyl and the alt. cover CD, I guess I managed to find a healthy-ish balance this time around: I have the red, green and pink vinyl variants and the alt. cover CD preordered, and unless a super amazing additional variant or a boxset or something drops, I'll definitely keep it at that. 

Chemtrails era was iconic tho, I regret nothing lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO7r-DpMAZc/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUF3biLss6s/

Edit: FFS, how do I embed Instagram posts??

Edited by SlowGinFizzzz

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i’m so torn on this because both of the Targets that I go to had the Blue Banisters and Chemtrails exclusives available in store for at least like 3 months before I stopped seeing them. given the fact that they don’t put all of their stock online, and that lana is popular enough for her vinyl to be sold in the vast majority of their retail stores, they have to be pressing a lotttttt

the retailer in my country that got the red cotcc vinyl still has tons of copies so if this album is anything like that, it will not be rare at all. but who knows bc i expected them to get the red bb vinyl but they never did. seems like only us & uk got that one.

my guess for rarest to least rare is the pink amazon exclusive (rarest) -> the white webstore exclusive -> the green indie exclusive -> the hot pink retail exclusive (least rare). if you’re fortunate enough to live near an indie record store and a target, i would say it’s pretty much guaranteed that you’ll be able to pick up the green and hot pink variants in store on release day, even if they sold out online. iirc the amazon exclusive is already sold out and the webstore variant is selling out country by country

i only put hot pink above green because there are more Targets in the US than indie record stores lol, but i think stock for green and hot pink will be pretty similar. target will have fewer copies available per store but there are more stores you can go to, vs there are less record shops but they will probably have more stock per store

8 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

Reading the bits about plants being backed up (for a looong time now), I need big artists to stop releasing 20 variants of a mid album. I'm sorry but no one needs 12 variants of Special by Lizzo or 20 by Red Hot Chilli peppers newest album. Most of these variats arent even sold on independent record stores. Oh and the variants just give the labels an extra reason to sub-charge for mnaufcatrered rarity.  

honestly i feel like most albums should only get one variant like they did back in the day. maybe 2 so there can be a different colour/different cover for fans who like collecting but it is insane that most artists are releasing 5+ variants. it is getting out of hand & i think that will kill the popularity of vinyl which makes me sad bc i was so happy vinyl was having a revival since it is the most sustainable music format imo.

I don't think it's a specific artists fault, but I think all of the pressing variants for every single pop artists who had one semi viral Spotify single on the planet is silly....

Like I remember seeing a bunch of Anne Marie variants and thought....are that many people really yearning for her new album on the vinyl format, I know CDs are kinda flopping recently and people need to buy physicals and not just stream- but c'mon

I might be biased, I like the variants for the artists I like.....so maybe I shouldn't judge other stans/fans :true:....

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/adele-30-vinyl-manufacturing-delays-9655895/amp/

16 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Well. :toofunny: After going completely overboard with NFR (lime green, alt. cover pink, and translucent blue vinyl, plus the glitter cassette and the signed CD) and especially with Chemtrails (green, red, and blue vinyl, plus the Spotify-exclusive picture disc and the alt. cover picture disc, plus the alt. cover CD, plus the boxset + signed art card) and holding back with Blue Banisters (which admittedly was easy because most things were impossible to get for me lmao) where I only got the red vinyl and the alt. cover CD, I guess I managed to find a healthy-ish balance this time around: I have the red, green and pink vinyl variants and the alt. cover CD preordered, and unless a super amazing additional variant or a boxset or something drops, I'll definitely keep it at that. 

Reveal hidden contents

Chemtrails era was iconic tho, I regret nothing lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO7r-DpMAZc/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUF3biLss6s/

Edit: FFS, how do I embed Instagram posts??

Healthy balance as in ordering 3 of the 5 versions :teehee:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I don't think it's a specific artists fault, but I think all of the pressing variants for every single pop artists who had one semi viral Spotify single on the planet is silly....

Like I remember seeing a bunch of Anne Marie variants and thought....are that many people really yearning for her new album on the vinyl format, I know CDs are kinda flopping recently and people need to buy physicals and not just stream- but c'mon

I might be biased, I like the variants for the artists I like.....so maybe I shouldn't judge other stans/fans :true:....

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/adele-30-vinyl-manufacturing-delays-9655895/amp/

Not CDRs, Looking at Megan The Stallion

:mj2:

But I think CD Singles should be a thing again, Not crazy amounts, But enough to boost sales & it’s nice for Fans / Collectors…

IMG-3521.jpg

2 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

But I think CD Singles should be a thing again, Not crazy amounts, But enough to boost sales & it’s nice for Fans / Collectors…

lowkey they would sell pretty well, I still hear people wanting to buy them in the US

4 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I TOTALLY want CD singles, I know the UK Pushes them for signed singles (charts), but the US needs to bring them back. Lana have a misc single set for songs like West Coast - Radio Mix or I Can Fly (I know that is associated with an OST, but you get the picture)!

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

But for me to be a junkie & buy a bunch, I cannot stress enough they have to be Pressed CDs, Not CDRs…

:ma:

What is the difference?