Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

So just in general… have you guys been opening and playing all of your variants or are you leaving some unopened? So far I’ve played my Amazon vinyl and my target vinyl. Haven’t opened my white vinyl yet or picture disc… curious how they sound, but am also considering leaving them untouched. Do you think leaving them unopened is a waste of money, or is it better if you ever want to sell them in the future?

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

3 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

So just in general… have you guys been opening and playing all of your variants or are you leaving some unopened? So far I’ve played my Amazon vinyl and my target vinyl. Haven’t opened my white vinyl yet or picture disc… curious how they sound, but am also considering leaving them untouched. Do you think leaving them unopened is a waste of money, or is it better if you ever want to sell them in the future?

You'll definitely get vinyl enthusiasts telling you not to do that and say that over time the shrinkwrap will tighten and cause the records to warp. I'm not sure over what kind of timeline this happens but personally I've never had a problem with even ten year old records still being sealed

7 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

So far, I’ve only opened and played my standard vinyl variant. I don’t plan on playing the other variants, but I’m not sure yet if I want to open them or not. I think it’s better for potential resale if they’re unopened, but I also want to look through the picture inserts so I might end up opening them! Plus I’m not sure if I’ll ever resell them anyways :blush3:

31 minutes ago, tearsofgold said:

Hi, I'm 99% confident this will be 45 RPM since the previous 2012 vinyl release was 45 RPM.

Sorry, just to clarify, what do you mean by "the previous 2012 vinyl"? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

4 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I opened all of mine because I wanted to lol. I figured that I was never going to resell my LDR records, cause they mean so much to me. In the long run, whenever I’m not in this world anymore, whoever claims them can do whatever with them… 

I will say if you do plan to sell them in the near future (4-5 years+ from now), you can resell them and gain a good profit. Keep in mind a lot of collectors like the idea of “never played/spun, never opened, and true Mint conditioned” records. 

look at the NFR pressings for an example. They are going for $200+ after it’s 2019 release (and these are opened resell prices).

i’m too broke to afford the titty vinyl but i knew if i didn’t get it i would regret it. i already missed lfl coke bottle clear, uv boxset, honeymoon translucent red, love / lfl heart shaped, and nfr green. not this time!!!

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

as someone who got their dad's vinyl collection from the 70s and 80s....the ones that are still sealed are worth a significant amount more.

faSE.gif

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

If it was colored MAYBE I would get it… they waited way too long and I just spent $45 on the Passion Pit Gossamer repress last night:bebe:

I guess I will exchange my white vinyl with this one. I just hate the cover of the white vinyl. It's probably the worst picture of her ever to me. 

So far I have only played white (because it arrived first) and since I got the others, I only play the green one to death as I adore this color. I opened them all however. I generally don't get them for resale. 

It was expensive watch it 

I think its interesting they chose to go with one of the pictures from the dark pink vinyl gatefold for the center of the vinyl, instead of a drawing of Lana like all the other variants

But they still kept the same gatefold pictures as the white vinyl lol 

At least thats one thing that makes it different to the other vinyls, but why not include totally different pics on the gatefold too? :um2:

Spoiler

20230412-155831.jpg

20230412-155644.jpg

15 minutes ago, Violently Happy said:

How can we check the stock if there’s a limit to 4?

you just have to right click and view page source, then search for "inventory_quantity"... there's 4,077 copies left on the US store

4 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

you just have to right click and view page source, then search for "inventory_quantity"... there's 4,077 copies left on the US store

How many to start?

do we know approx numbers for each pressing this era? Are the online exclusives actually any more limited?

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

22 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

How many to start?

do we know approx numbers for each pressing this era? Are the online exclusives actually any more limited?

Idk unfortunately. I ordered around 12:30 eastern US time and there were about 6,500 left then. So if it went up for sale at 11am, I'd guess based on that it probably started around 8k?

I don't think a lot of the online exclusives are that limited... the white vinyl seems to have been about 12k for a first pressing and 12k for the second pressing shipping next month. And that's just the US numbers. The picture disc initially was 5k on the US store, then they added 2k more, then they added more stock a 3rd time but I didn't keep an eye on the availability at that point, but the picture disc has got to be over at least over 10k.