Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

5 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I know, so I am in confusion. :delicious: It says "tax included" on my order info so I dunno, maybe the postal service here is just trying to scam me again.

didnt they try to scam u too when i sent u the cocc vinyl? fight them, bestie

image.png

4 minutes ago, birds of paradise said:

The chances of getting the lighter from Lana’s uk store before may 26th are low right? Because my order still says it’s coming out March 24th but I already got an email it’s postponed to may. That’s such a long time to wait tho :crying4:

i’m wondering this too :crai:

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

didnt they try to scam u too when i sent u the cocc vinyl? fight them, bestie

They diiiiid, and I fought them again like two weeks ago too! (And I lost that fight :icant:)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

wait can someone help me.. i ordered the ldr lighter, aw necklace & pill case all from the UK store n live in germany,,,, will i have to pay extra money on the spot when they drop it at my house?:trisha: 

The UK is a non-EU country now because of Brexit, but it says VAT included on my order for the lighter, so I hope there won't be additional taxes.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

wait can someone help me.. i ordered the ldr lighter, aw necklace & pill case all from the UK store n live in germany,,,, will i have to pay extra money on the spot when they drop it at my house?:trisha: and if so does anyone know around how much ,,im scared..

Normally yeah… im from spain and almost every time i had to pay additional taxes :( and the price depends on the price of items and the mailing company ;(

Since some of us dont have a listening party close (me:crossed:) i recreated the poster that they are giving away if anyone wants it

https://www.redbubble.com/es/i/poster/DYKTTUOB-LDR-de-TheWaveDesign/142730567.LVTDI

BBF88435-7756-490-C-ABB6-FBA0-A313-CAA7.

original.gif

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

The UK is a non-EU country now because of Brexit, but it says VAT included on my order for the lighter, so I hope there won't be additional taxes.

3 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Normally yeah… im from spain and almost every time i had to pay additional taxes :( and the price depends on the price of items and the mailing company ;(

like all my items say VAT included too but wooooooow wtf :trisha: i am actually gonna cry. i guess i better already put some cash to the side for that. but highkey i will karen out & write an email to LDR store attempting to get it refunded :hooker:

oh also ur iconic for making that poster!!!!!! @venicebitx

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

like all my items say VAT included too but wooooooow wtf :trisha: i am actually gonna cry. i guess i better already put some cash to the side for that. but highkey i will karen out & write an email to LDR store attempting to get it refunded :hooker:

oh also ur iconic for making that poster!!!!!! @venicebitx

Thank u!! Yes actually if you pay taxes on the product they should refund you i think?? Someone who knows please help!💖💖

original.gif

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

15. IMPORT DUTY

Products or Services ordered from our Webstore for delivery outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.

https://shop.lanadelrey.polydor.co.uk/terms/

You might have to fight your postal/parcel service instead of her webshop.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 3/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, Beautiful Loser said:

https://shop.lanadelrey.polydor.co.uk/terms/

You might have to fight your postal/parcel service instead of her webshop.

OH :thumb: well yeah i think when they drop it off ill show them the online payment n if they insist ill fork it over but i hope. dont have tooooo

Ok, so I called my postal service. Apparently her German store is sending the package from China and that's why I need to pay additional taxes?? And the package has like a layover in Germany, and that's why it says on the note I got in the mail that it's from Germany?? :oprah2: And I was like "but it says in my order that I have paid for taxes already", and the lady on the phone told me it's her webshop then that have missed to give them some kind of number to let them know I've already paid for it. I also tried to argue that I've never had this issue with this company before but she didn't seem to care much. (and I guess that's not something she could help with)

So. She told me I can either pay for the taxes and recieve my package, or refuse and it'll be sent back and I'll have to make another order. I'm hesitant tbh, I don't think making a new order will change anything. And for some reason they have mixed up my zip code as well, so I'll have to ask my mom to pick it up, although the correct zip code is in my order when I check my order status.

So... what now? :uh: I guess I can make a new order, the white vinyl hasn't sold out yet so I'm good. If they ask me to pay for additional taxes again, I'll pay but I'll really fight with her German store to compensate me. But still... what a bummer. I made the order in December and I've really looked forward to this white one... I love the cover picture a lot.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Ok, so I called my postal service. Apparently her German store is sending the package from China and that's why I need to pay additional taxes?? And the package has like a layover in Germany, and that's why it says on the note I got in the mail that it's from Germany?? :oprah2: And I was like "but it says in my order that I have paid for taxes already", and the lady on the phone told me it's her webshop then that have missed to give them some kind of number to let them know I've already paid for it. I also tried to argue that I've never had this issue with this company before but she didn't seem to care much. (and I guess that's not something she could help with)

So. She told me I can either pay for the taxes and recieve my package, or refuse and it'll be sent back and I'll have to make another order. I'm hesitant tbh, I don't think making a new order will change anything. And for some reason they have mixed up my zip code as well, so I'll have to ask my mom to pick it up, although the correct zip code is in my order when I check my order status.

So... what now? :uh: I guess I can make a new order, the white vinyl hasn't sold out yet so I'm good. If they ask me to pay for additional taxes again, I'll pay but I'll really fight with her German store to compensate me. But still... what a bummer. I made the order in December and I've really looked forward to this white one... I love the cover picture a lot.

If it’s shipped from China maybe it’s the lighter not the vinyl :um2:

2 minutes ago, Agnes Gia said:

Highly doubt it. It doesn't make sense to me that a order I made on her UK store to be shipped from Germany, especially not after they've told customers the products will arrive later than planned.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

9 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Wtf, I’ve ordered from her german store a bunch of times and never ever have they sent it from China? 

If packages come from different countries (not in the EU I think) the receiver is obligated to pay taxes to your country (receiving country) if they exceed some sort of amount which depends on your country's tax laws regardless of the order.

For example my country charges additional taxes when the price of overseas bought goods is over USD150. I'm pretty it's the laws for many countries. It isn't really about the webstore, it's the country you have to fight which you will likely to lose.

+VAT usually has got nothing to do with this tax. Packages going overseas always have this annoying connection to taxes so you should check it thoroughly before buying stuff!

Just now, yourboy said:

If packages come from different countries (not in the EU I think) the receiver is obligated to pay taxes to your country (receiving country) if they exceed some sort of amount which depends on your country's tax laws regardless of the order.

For example my country charges additional taxes when the price of overseas bought goods is over USD150. I'm pretty it's the laws for many countries. It isn't really about the webstore, it's the country you have to fight which you will likely to lose.

Yeah, but if I order from her German store, I don't exactly anticipate the package's origin to be from China. :scoff: Like I said, I've never had this issue ordering from the German store before so I dunno what's going on.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

14 minutes ago, Agnes Gia said:

China stopped mass vinyl production very early, although there are some small workshops to produce, the market is depressed. So I don't think so...

edit:Why are you so pessimistic, does it matter where vinyl is produced?:horror:

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Yeah, but if I order from her German store, I don't exactly anticipate the package's origin to be from China. :scoff: Like I said, I've never had this issue ordering from the German store before so I dunno what's going on.

Well... they are coming from China after all, so there's no choice. I think you should first ask the German store if they sent it from China. If it is indeed coming from China to your place via German store, then it's bad luck :crai:there's nothing much to do about it in this case. That's the laws :poordat: I have to pay taxes for my goddamn lighter and necklaces too lol because I exceeded the limit big time. LANA WHEN I CATCH U!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Now I'm real tempted to let the package be returned and order from the French store instead lol. But I'll do what @yourboy suggests and contact her German store first.

Packages from her german store (at least if you order to Sweden) are always traceable. Did you receive a shipping confirmation in your email from them where you can trace your package? If you didn’t receive a shipping confirmation I doubt it’s from them