Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

5 minutes ago, YUNGATA said:

omg that was the opposite of what i asked for ty :flutter: 

but tbh you're right, this is some of my favourite album art/aesthetics in a while (no hate to other eras they slay in their own way) I should commit :w8ing:

You’re welcome, I’m the queen of always encouraging friends to buy the things they want despite what they say in contradiction bc they’re deserving of nice things :hottie:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

22 minutes ago, Elle said:

Yesss I’m a sucker for a pretty picture disc. I think the first Lana record I ever bought on vinyl was the BTD picture disc. Idec about audio quality with them, they’re just pretty to look at in my collection. (though I hope for not a Spotify variant as I don’t use their platform and always have to find another way to order it skkk) x

i don’t use the platform either but have a free account that works for buying merch!

aOaIzH2.gif

6 minutes ago, TextBook said:

I'm very indecided betweet the dark pink one (with th eposter) and the apple green one :hdu:

They're both beautiful but the green is the one for me. It is really beautiful, everything about it. Fave cover, vinyl is gorgeous, inside is beautiful as well.

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

i don’t use the platform either but have a free account that works for buying merch!

I do too, but I didn’t know I’d have access to it! :hoshet: If I remember correctly, the offer for her last Spotify exclusive (as well as ones for other artists) was sent to only her top listeners on the platform, and since I don’t listen through Spotify, I didn’t receive the email about it. Though, I think someone posted the direct link to it and that’s how I was at least able to order the COTCC one, but I’ve definitely missed out on some really limited Spotify exclusive vinyls from other artists in the past because of this and then had to buy on resale at a higher price x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

46 minutes ago, Elle said:

That’s included in the 15 count! It’s the RSD pressing. & of course, a future RSD pressing could also be possible for this record too x

I do not know how to read apparently :toofunny: my eyes skimmed right over the word “blue”

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I'm sure it has been discussed already but what variant are we thinking will be the most limited?

I've gotten all variants with exception of the retail/target dark pink one. 

I'm teetering lol, like I want to get it but at the same time I already have the variants I really want. Mainly the green, pink, and standard. The white was me just grabbing what was avail when her store first went live but I'm still happy to have it.

I'm also waiting to see if any other special offers like other variants or signed editions are rolled out. I'll prob hold off for now lol!

12 minutes ago, Elle said:

I do too, but I didn’t know I’d have access to it! :hoshet: If I remember correctly, the offer her last Spotify exclusive (as well as ones for other artists) was sent to only her top listeners on the platform, and since I don’t listen through Spotify, I didn’t receive the email about it. Though, I think someone posted the direct link to it and that’s how I was at least able to order the COTCC one, but I’ve definitely missed out on some really limited Spotify exclusive vinyls from other artists in the past because of this and then had to buy on resale at a higher price x

ooooh that's right, i did get the COCC pic disc bc someone posted the direct link here– goddess bless that person and i hope someone here does it again this time around. 

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, Elle said:

To go further into this, the Target Red, Webstore Clear, and Amazon Beige pressings technically had 2 different versions each - Target started with an opaque bright red EU pressing, and then later switched to a transparent deep red CA pressing. Then the Webstore Clear had two versions, the FR pressing was more of a grey-toned clear and the CA pressing was more of a blue-toned clear. The Amazon Beige was another similar situation with the EU pressing being more peach coloured & the CA pressing being more cream coloured. Some people also consider the Assai Records version of the yellow indie record to be another variant, but there’s really no difference aside from their version having a numbered OBI strip. So in total, COTCC could be considered to have 15 total variants.

Here’s some good visual comparisons of this -

Hide contents

0-A5-D9-A0-F-9412-48-F6-B382-E5682-F9-DD01-CA1-EC2256-916-B-4-D96-B731-B529542-C4-BA9 1626179-C-3975-4027-92-E6-C12-A19-F822-C8

I wonder if anything similar is going to happen with these coloured variants, if some end up having different tones based on where they were pressed x

The beige Amazon one threw me so much when I got mine because I have the peach toned pressing and I was like “wtf” lol. 

My wallet is v happy though that I can’t be bothered collecting different variations of the same pressing 💀. Maybe once I finish my Lana collection I might be neurotic enough to go back for the variations in pressings but no way at the moment 🤡😂

42 minutes ago, DLT said:

I'm sure it has been discussed already but what variant are we thinking will be the most limited?

I'm teetering lol, like I want to get it but at the same time I already have the variants I really want. Mainly the green, pink, and standard. The white was me just grabbing what was avail when her store first went live but I'm still happy to have it.

I'm also waiting to see if any other special offers like other variants or signed editions are rolled out. I'll prob hold off for now lol!

it’s hard to tell because we don’t have details of how many records were pressed for each variation yet. I’m guessing that indie exclusive or Webstore white might be the rarest but who knows at this point- there may be more variants to still come!

38 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I can't choose a fucking vinyl and I can only afford 1 this is TORTURE. Why did she have to make every cover her best album cover Wtf  :sadcore6:

I've preordered all on websites that charge upon dispatch. The money will me March me issue :D

1 hour ago, DLT said:

It’ll depend on who restocks most frequently, but for now I’m thinking it may be her Webstore exclusive White variant as it’s already sold out in the USA and I’m not sure if they plan to restock around release day. Her Webstore variants tend to be pretty rare, except for COTCC probably due to the fact there were 2 of them that had the same cover and the popularity of the album was low compared to her others. I don’t remember them selling out quickly.

If not that one, then the Amazon Pink may end up being the rarest. Because it’s really only being sold through them and they’ve been selling out quickly in multiple countries, I have a feeling they’re quite limited. This was the case for Amazon White vinyl for BB until they had an unexpected restock in 2022 (albeit with a slightly different pressing due to a different manufacturer.)
The Dark Pink one is sort of a coin toss depending on how much Target restocks it for USA, as the Target edition of BB is its most rare variant since there were no major restocks, while it ended up being very common for COTCC as they continued to restock it (though the pressing changed slightly because of a different manufacturer similar to the BB Amazon restock.)

I believe the Green variant will end up being pretty common as a lot of record stores will be selling them, and despite a lot of USA pre-orders selling out, many record shops will receive copies in their stores around release day. They’re also still available for pre-order in other countries, especially the UK - there’s tons of shops that still have them available, more than what I’ve listed in the OP. Additionally, it seems that Urban Outfitters is set to release this same variant which will add to the amount of pressings available. 

Though again, it may still be too early to tell since we don’t know everyone’s restock plans x

2 hours ago, Elle said:

To go further into this, the Target Red, Webstore Clear, and Amazon Beige pressings technically had 2 different versions each - Target started with an opaque bright red EU pressing, and then later switched to a transparent deep red CA pressing. Then the Webstore Clear had two versions, the FR pressing was more of a grey-toned clear and the CA pressing was more of a blue-toned clear. The Amazon Beige was another similar situation with the EU pressing being more peach coloured & the CA pressing being more cream coloured. Some people also consider the Assai Records version of the yellow indie record to be another variant, but there’s really no difference aside from their version having a numbered OBI strip. So in total, COTCC could be considered to have 15 total variants.

Here’s some good visual comparisons of this -

Hide contents

0-A5-D9-A0-F-9412-48-F6-B382-E5682-F9-DD01-CA1-EC2256-916-B-4-D96-B731-B529542-C4-BA9 1626179-C-3975-4027-92-E6-C12-A19-F822-C8

I wonder if anything similar is going to happen with these coloured variants, if some end up having different tones based on where they were pressed x

this is my insta :cuteface: thanks for sharing!

I also am definitely curious to see if we get regional differences again this time. Hard to know until we actually see photos of actual vinyl!

also it seems like the green may not be very limited after all. It must have only been limited to 4K for US indie stores or something!

H0bDaqU.gif

I know this should be posted on the merch thread but I feel like it’d be seen by less people, so I’m posting it here.

This photo was posted by Neil on Instagram and it’s very curious.

http://E6268052-0-D76-4-D44-BA6-A-D5-B426-DB79-
The colors remind me of the b&w covers of the record, but mostly of the Target one since it has a red font. But why did he add the publishing credits on the photo? Why should an instagram story/post (or a promo ad) come with “Made in the EU” written on it? A lot of vinyl records are made in Europe (usually France, Germany, Czech Republic and sometimes Belgium). According to some online stores, the dark pink vinyl comes with a “folding poster”. Since this photo is not a 30x30 (think of the Chemtrails car poster that comes with the Target vinyl) it can’t be put inside of the vinyl case without folding it and the photo Neil posted is much bigger than a 30x30 picture.

I don’t wanna sound delusional (and I hope we won’t end up having another Chemtrails situation) but I think this is the poster that come with the dark pink vinyl!

edit: here’s the “Made in the EU” detail. 
http://ECCD544-D-B6-BB-4670-9-F7-A-95-CEB1-AB27

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

So, I wanted to buy only one vinyle, so I choose the green one, it's my favorite cover after the dark pink one.
I orderd it on Rough Trade, I bought Björk's Vulnicura Live (Rough Trade Exclusive Edition) years ago and everything went well with them so I'm confident.
Plus you can have 10% off for signing to the newsletter guys !

Capture.png

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

4 minutes ago, TextBook said:

I know this should be posted on the merch thread but I feel like it’d be seen by less people, so I’m posting it here.

This photo was posted by Neil on Instagram and it’s very curious.

http://E6268052-0-D76-4-D44-BA6-A-D5-B426-DB79-
The colors remind me of the b&w covers of the record, but mostly of the Target one since it has a red font. But why did he add the publishing credits on the photo? Why should an instagram story/post (or a promo ad) come with “Made in the EU” written on it? A lot of vinyl records are made in Europe (usually France, Germany, Czech Republic and sometimes Belgium). According to some online stores, the dark pink vinyl comes with a “folding poster”. Since this photo is not a 30x30 (think of the Chemtrails car poster that comes with the Target vinyl) it can’t be put inside of the vinyl case without folding it and the photo Neil posted is much bigger than a 30x30 picture.

I don’t wanna sound delusional (and I hope we won’t end up having another Chemtrails situation) but I think this is the poster that come with the dark pink vinyl!

edit: here’s the “Made in the EU” detail. 
http://ECCD544-D-B6-BB-4670-9-F7-A-95-CEB1-AB27

I HOPE because the CD hoes were robbed from having this amazing picture as a cover

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, DLT said:

I'm gunna guess that the alternative indie store exclusive (green vinyl) will end up being the most limited since there will only be a certain amount of pressings sent to certain shops. places like target, amazon, etc are huge retailers and will definitely receive more stock than the independent record shops. 

faSE.gif