Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

On 12/9/2022 at 5:15 PM, burthday kake said:

so idk what the deal is buttttttt when I checked this morning the pink amazon exclusive was completely sold out in my country (Germany) but 5 mins ago I randomly checked bcuz im obsessed and it was f*cking in stock again??? So I bought one, lol.

Super confusing ... I dont rly think its restock but maybe some people cancelled their orders or whatever.. anyway, if anyone in the EU still wants one you should check our amazon.

OMG THANKS SO MUCH, JUST GRABBED THE PREORDER THERE, IT'S STILL AVAILABLE!!❤️

1 hour ago, White Hot Forever said:

I'm so glad I only got immediately charged for the white vinyl because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to order any of the others

But now I'm going to be broke in March :pout:

Is there any site that you can preorder the dark pink one, and pay when it's shipped in March?

36 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Is the dark pink version going to be rare? A lot of stores have it

Honestly depends on the restocking. From what others have said the Amazon one most likely will be one of if not the rarest then maybe the White store exclusive if no more are restocked. I’d think the dark pink would be restocked considering it is in large retail stores but we shall see. I’d anticipate some other drops towards release date too so maybe they are holding some vinyls back to be released then and advertise as very limited drops. 

I totally get the fact they want the rarity appeal of having less variants available but since it's a pre-order anyway (and what even is pre-order stock like they're not even made yet right?) wouldn't they just want to make as much money as possible by having everything purchasable? You can tell I haven't bought a vinyl before

1 minute ago, honey dew said:

I totally get the fact they want the rarity appeal of having less variants available but since it's a pre-order anyway (and what even is pre-order stock like they're not even made yet right?) wouldn't they just want to make as much money as possible by having everything purchasable? You can tell I haven't bought a vinyl before

The problem is pressing plants, There isn’t enough.

Universal probably has allocated x amount for this album, Divided by variants “for this initial pressing”.

Because vinyl production is so backed up,

Tove Lo’s Dirt Femme came out before Midnights by Taylor Swift, She has to wait for February…

The vinyl game sucks atm.

IMG-3521.jpg

I think the white might be the most rare because it's only being sold in one place and its already sold out :agree:

They might restock it at some point, but its definitely the least available of them all

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

The problem is pressing plants, There isn’t enough.

Universal probably has allocated x amount for this album, Divided by variants “for this initial pressing”.

Because vinyl production is so backed up,

Tove Lo’s Dirt Femme came out before Midnights by Taylor Swift, She has to wait for February…

The vinyl game sucks atm.

This is depressing but thanks for the info :kiss2: 

Taylor and Adele should really fund the construction of at least one new pressing plant each

3 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I think the white might be the most rare because it's only being sold in one place and its already sold out :agree:

They might restock it at some point, but its definitely the least available of them all

There are already people selling it on Ebay for $400 or something.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Just now, honey dew said:

This is depressing but thanks for the info :kiss2: 

Taylor and Adele should really fund the construction of at least one new pressing plant each

Jack White has it right, The big 3 - Sony, UMG & Warner need to build a plant Each.

I’m assuming the reason Universal hasn’t yet is because they’re afraid the format will fade again.

I think having more than a couple variants per album will do this to a degree though…

IMG-3521.jpg

15 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

my guess of the ranking of how rare they will be

1. standard

2. light green

3. white

4. dark pink

5. light pink

is the #1 most rare or is it the least rare

because the light green vinyl is looking to be fairly rare but the standard being more rare than it doesn't make sense

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

is the #1 most rare or is it the least rare

because the light green vinyl is looking to be fairly rare but the standard being more rare than it doesn't make sense

My guess Green will be rarest.

EDIT:

Even though Amazon had it for sale, They’ll probably cancel a lot of those orders. It’s “technically an indi exclusive”.

My favorite alternate is the white…

IMG-3521.jpg

25 minutes ago, honey dew said:

technically each of the variants are already all currently being manufactured because vinyl production takes about 5-6 months these days. so preorder is limited to as much stock as they are pressing now. otherwise, if they weren’t made yet, they wouldn’t be ready by release date

12 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Jack White has it right, The big 3 - Sony, UMG & Warner need to build a plant Each.

I’m assuming the reason Universal hasn’t yet is because they’re afraid the format will fade again.

I think having more than a couple variants per album will do this to a degree though…

Yea I'm naive but can't the music industry fix their own problem by just building more plants? But maybe the delays aren't actually an issue for record labels because they still get the money in the end, it's just the customers and artists being affected

if i had to guess which will be the most rare / least rare (#1 being least, #5 being rarest)

1. standard
2. light pink [relatively common because it's from amazon]
3. white [probably will be more expensive than #4 but easier to find]
4. dark pink [initially be easier to find because of the abundance of targets & hmv's but will peter out and become rarer]
5. green [obviously due to it being an "indie" exclusive]

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, lilac heaven said:

technically each of the variants are already all currently being manufactured because vinyl production takes about 5-6 months these days. so preorder is limited to as much stock as they are pressing now. otherwise, if they weren’t made yet, they wouldn’t be ready by release date

OH

Well this explains things. This is also depressing because I'm still paralysed by decision and haven't chosen one yet and everything's selling out 🤪 :sadcore6:

also, the green variant will not be limited to the point that it’s very difficult to get one. there isn’t going to be a restock, but every indie record store in country that participates in Record Store Day (the partnership of ~1,000 record stores in the US, not just the day specifically) will have a few hundred copies. they look really limited because they just aren’t online for many outlets yet, but if you walk into a record store on the day of release you will very likely walk out with a green vinyl too. hell, my local record store still has the Chemtrails indie exclusive Blue RSD vinyl in stock from Black Friday 2021 (the one with the cover of her and the wolf)