Elle

2022 Lipsters Awards: The Decade Edition - January 21st

11 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I wish there was a category for ‘Member who’s always here but nobody cares about’ lol then I could nominate myself. :krylie:

I care about you, you're one of my Top Five favorites. You have the funniest, driest, most understated sense of humor, among other things. 

Just now, the ocean said:

also who nominated @Vertimus for worst taste... i just want to talk outside

like there are actual people with bad taste here but HIM? naur

It's because I favor 'Paradise,' 'LFL,' 'COCC,' and 'BB' over 'NFR!,' 'HM,' and 'UV.' 

'It's like smiling when the firing squad's against you
And you just stay lined up,' 

Or, as the Christians thrown to the lions said, 'Hail, Cesar. We about to die salute thee," in other words, fuck you

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION...

VOTE FOR SURF NOIR!

- Most Active!

- Status Updater!

- Best Username!

- Best Taste!

- Nicest Member!

- Biggest Stan!

- Lipster Of The Year!

Vote @Elle For Lipster Of The Decade!

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I care about you, you're one of my Top Five favorites. You have the funniest, driest, most understated sense of humor, among other things. 

Aww thank you..whoever nominated you for worst taste hasn’t been watching these threads hard enough that’s all I will say. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

also who nominated @Vertimus for worst taste... i just want to talk outside

like there are actual people with bad taste here but HIM? naur

People who say things like that are really insulting Lana in a round-about way, which they have every right to do, because ultimately we're talking about her work. It's like saying, 'Paradise,' 'LFL,' 'COCC,' and 'BB' are shit. 

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Aww thank you..whoever nominated you for worst taste hasn’t been watching these threads hard enough that’s all I will say. 

Thank you. I also don't love the new single, so it's to the dog house with me. 

just voted!

album of the decade was a really hard one bc HM,  UV, and NFR could've easily taken the cake...but i chose NFR bc i think it really ushered in the next stage of lana's career, which is her finally being more universally acknowledged as one of the great 21st century songwriters. it also synthesized so many of her strengths as a writer and produced one of her all time best songs, hope is a dangerous thing...which i also think in ushered in lana's new identity/artistry as a poet. that one obvs got my vote for song of the decade and will forever be a song very close to my heart.

all that said, i just as easily could've voted for UV– the shift from btd/paradise to UV was truly, iconically insane and brilliant, and imo takes the phrase/idea "she did what she had to do" to the next level. after all the haterade directed at her during btd she really said "WHAT NOW motherfuckers" and dropped a rock album so incredible it changed the game 4ever.

leak of the decade is hands down i talk to jesus, the way we got the full lizzy grant retrospective...it is a quintessential lana song.

leak of the year is crazy for you...surfy guitar? melody perfected to the gods? longing and yearning as deep and bright as the moon?! yea that's her.

tried to spread the love amongst all my favs and looking fwd to the red carpet!

aOaIzH2.gif

I was expecting to be nominated for Best Taste.

Well, vote me for Worst Taste so I can be the best of the worst!

Also I'm cool with being Most Problematic, so vote me for that too!

giphy.gif

I just want to say that I don't think @lanasbottomis rude in any capacity, you share your truth and you stick to your guns despite having so called unpopular opinions regarding Lana's music--I very much relate to that. We need more opiniated people like you, not afraid of ruffling some feathers for the sake of having a discussion every now and again. :lanahairflip: